Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto Shows 2011

2»

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Can't wait for the NY Auto Show this year! April 22, 2011-May 1, 2011!
  • bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    Some random thoughts:

*Acura is really pushing the sound system in their vehicles.
    *The Mazda2 is pretty nice, though kinda big for a subcompact.
    *Turns out I can fit comfortably in a NC Miata, but one part of the dashboard hits me just below my right kneecap. :cry:
    *The Kia Optima is really nice for the price, and has some weird dogleg in the front windshield outline.
    *No Fiat 500 or Scion iQ. :mad:
    * The shifter in the WRX is a lot smoother than the notchy 6-speed in the STi.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,707
    edited January 2011
    *The Mazda2 is pretty nice, though kinda big for a subcompact.

I have yet to see one in person but I am interested in the little buzz-bomb and will look around for one on the road. It does look small in its pictures, though, surprised you say it looks big for a subcompact.

2011 Mazda 2

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

• It's a nice show.It was amazing.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,692
    Where's your show? The SF show had a couple of 500s on display, and that's a fairly lame show as auto shows go.....

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    Virginia Beach. The only "upcoming" vehicle in the Chrysler section was the 200, though there was plenty of floor space for some Fiats. Maybe they were shipped off to Detroit?
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,184
    ...begins on Saturday, January 29th. Anybody planning on going? I've been to every one since 1989.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,357
    I am thinking about it pending family issues. Only a 60 ride for me.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Heading to Chicago in February, will my first time there and then NYC in the springtime will be #8. The best part about NYC is Mr. Biggs B&G for lunch, although a good friend of mine thinks they may have moved locations and are farther from the Javitz Center now :(
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,794
    I hope to be at Cobo in the morning. If you see some guy with an Edmunds ball cap on, walking around in a bit of a daze, that'll be me.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I've eaten there before to! There food is great. I hope they haven't moved further away from the Javitz though :cry:
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    Myself, my 2 daughters (now 4 & 7) will be there on Saturday 29th. A couple friends will be coming alone this year also. We are leaving the Hershey / Harrisburg area around 7am-ish and stopping at Nifty-Fifty's for breakfast. I know there is a call for a nice size snow storm Tuesday through Thursday just before the show opens, so maybe that will keep a few people away on opening weekend. :P

Odie
    To me, this is like the World Series, Superbowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Championship, World Cup, etc. all rolled into one! :) :D :shades:
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,357
    Are you and andre hitting the Philly show this weekend?
    Usually andre, grbeck, and I hit the Philly show. Last year's terrible weather kept them away and I went with my wife instead. I was surprised that she stayed with me for the whole time and seemed to be into it. Usually, she gave me the old "tired and bored" routine.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,999
    Lemko, would you be able to do the Philly show on the second Saturday? I think grbeck has another obligation the first weekend. Hopefully the weather holds out this time!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,115
    ..I'm going Thursday night!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

To Geneva that is. :shades:

Since it's for the Euro market, there's a lot of stuff there that we'll never see stateside.

"The Fiat brand will show the 7-seater Freemont, its version of the Dodge Journey. It initially comes in front-drive only with four-wheel drive added later; a turbodiesel engine is offered. It goes on sale in Europe in June against the Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy."

Middle East, Oil Prices Top of Mind at Geneva Show (AutoObserver)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited April 2011
    I spent several hours at the International Auto Show in Detroit this year and never saw anything like this.

Note that the driver is yakking on his Bluetooth. :P (link)

edited May 2011
    Anybody planning on going to the Ford Carlisle Show this weekend? Last year I put my 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis LS in it for the heck of it. I'd have liked to do it again this year, but think I dilly-dallied too much getting around to the registration. I wonder if I can enter it at the gate? I just sent in the registration for my Brougham for the Carlisle GM show this morning.
    Anybody going to Macugie next weekend?

Das Awkscht Fescht
2»
This discussion has been closed.