Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon Vibration Problems

Hi all,

I have already poured over the forums and found several other threads involving what seems to be my same problem; however, I'd like to pose my problem and get a firm grip before visiting the dealer.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT with 17 inch factory wheels, P265/70/17 tires--no aftermarket additions, totally stock. I am having annoying vibrations after I get over about 71 mph(it also seems to have some float/vibration problems around 45-50 mph). It does seem as if the vibration is coming from the back but I cannot be for certain. The vibration occurs whether in 2HI, auto, or 4HI. The odd thing is that when I have a full load of people in my Yukon (i.e. 5 or 6) the vibration seems to completely go away. I took it to the dealer today and had them do a road force balance and it did seem to help but only in the slightest sense. From reading the forums it appears this does not seem to be an isolated problem--has a solution been tagged or at least the problem isolated? I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Jared Vansandt

Comments

• rshtrsht Posts: 277
    After read your post, two things comes to mind and they are (Assuming each tire is with the correct pressure):
    1. any possibility of steel belt shift to any of the tires? You will have to take the wheel off on to a spin balance machine and watch the rotation carefully...
    2. how many miles do you have on this 07 Yukon, anyhow, have you thought about checking the drive shaft "rear" U-joint? Its the 45-50 mph vibration (and coming from the rear of the vehicle) made me suspect the u-joint.
  • Did you come to a resolution with your vibration problem on your 2007 Yukon? I also have a 2007 Yukon and in the past month I am experiencing the exact same problem you are describing. From your post it sounds like this is common. Did you resolve your problem. Please let me know, we are planning a road trip but the vibration is uncomfortable when driving above 70 mph. Thank you in advance.
  • Phaacke,

Have you had this evaluated by a dealership already? I don't know the time frame for your road trip is, but if you're concerned about the vibration you're describing it might not be a bad idea to have it in for a diagnosis.

If you decide on this, please let us know as we would like to follow up with you to make sure thing go okay.

Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bdsleditbdsledit Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if anyone with this problem got it fixed and what the problem was cause mine does the same thing..