Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti EX35 Road Noise Problem

gordongordogordongordo Posts: 28
edited September 2014 in Infiniti
Just leased a 2010 EX-35, as superb a vehicle as I assumed it would be --- remarkable performance, looks inside and outside, and very comfortable.

One problem though: the road noise is higher than it should be.

Whether it's due to the engine or the Michelin tires I can't say. Anybody else notice the noise? And figure out the cause?

Michael

Comments

• how about the roof rail?
  • Thanks for the reply.

As it turned out, the noise problem wasn't due to the Michelin tires: I found that out when I road on an entirely new, blacktopped freeway surface a few miles. The Michelins were as quiet as any tires I've every had.

What's more, the tires have developed a good tracking surface now, so even on the uneven surfaces of Santa Barbara streets, they sound pretty quiet too.

As for the engine, it is a little noisier than in my Acura MDX 2006 that I gave my wife. Still, the noise isn't that bad.

It's only on the composite freeway surfaces --- even those blacktopped over --- that the noise from the tires is loud. That, though, is true of my wife's MDX, using Continental Tires that I purposely put on because they are rated the quietest tires of all.

No roof rails, by the way. A little wind noise perhaps is caused now and then by rushing by the big exterior mirrors. (Wish I had upgraded, by the way, to have automatic dimming exterior mirrors.)

Otherwise, the vehicle is outstanding --- a pleasure to drive.

Michael
  • at_lastat_last Posts: 2
    Just bouht a used 08 EX35. Love the car but with the 18 inch wheels the tires are so loud I have to wear ear plugs to keep my ears from ringing.
  • biancarbiancar Mid-AtlanticPosts: 912
    Is this a common situation?
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    The EX tires aren't directional so rotating them using an X pattern reduces noise. I don't find the 18" tires on my car to be abnormally loud. In general I find the EX to be a fairly quiet car for a sports wagon with V rated tires.

With every car and tire combo I have owned there are some road surfaces and speeds where tire noise is louder or different.
  • tpw58tpw58 Posts: 5
    I have a 2011 EX Journey and it is very noisy. I had a 2009 Murano which was very quite. Im not sure if it's the car body construction or the tires. Want the Murano back!
This discussion has been closed.
Infiniti EX35 Road Noise Problem - Car Forums at Edmunds.com