Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Motors Fans

Comments

• andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,590
    Here's a picture of it plastered on the side of the Lordstown Ohio plant, which currently builds the Cobalt and G5...

Not sure when it actually goes into production, but that picture was there back in June, when I drove past the plant on my way to Cedar Point. There was a concept/pre-production Cruze at the DC auto show last year. It looked pretty decent in person.
  • dieselonedieselone Posts: 5,627
    I saw the Cruze at the Chicago Auto Show, the model they had there was good looking. Much better than the homely Cobalt.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    Will a Cruze coupe be available?
    Will a Cruze coupe be available?

I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. They only had a sedan at the auto show and I've never seen a picture of a coupe.
    Not only will the Cruze have to compete with a new Fiesta, but also a completely redesigned Focus will be available by '12 and it looks cool too. It looks like the new Focus will have a direct injected turbo 4 cyl available too. I'm sure Honda won't be sitting still with the Civic, nor Toyota with the Corolla, so competition will be fierce.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,707
    >Civic,

Civic looks like a DustBuster. It can only get better with changes in styling.

I don't find any pictures of a Cruze in a coupe.
    Oooops. Here's one

This message has been approved.

Under way, the behaviour is pretty unexceptionable, too. Neither the 113bhp, 1.6 or 141bhp, 1.8 petrol engines really seem to put their back into the task. There are buzzes and vibrations, and a general sulky unwillingness to climb to the higher sections of the rev-counter's arc.

Paul slammed the 1.6L and 1.8L DOHC Ecotec fours in his review, and rightly so. Both engines are dogs; droning snoozers with no panache, no personality, and no discernable power or torque peaks. I wasn't impressed by the transmissions, either. The five-speed manual is somewhat balky and has ratios so widely spaced you could drive a '49 Packard between them, while the six speed auto shunts clumsily through the shifts in a race to get to as high a gear as possible as fast as possible.

Every article I've read about the new 1.6 and 1.8 Ecotecs have not been good. Isn't GM going to have a 1.4 or so direct injected turbo 4 cylinder available? I'd think that would be the one to get.

I wonder if the coupe will be offered here? Haven't heard anything about it.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    That coupe sure looks SHARP!!!
  • those little vents up front just below the A-pillar, too.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    I agree buddy!!! :shades: They need to put the ecotec 2.0L in that puppy from the Cobalt SS/Sky only with 300 ponies!!! :shades:
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,701
    GM plans multi-million dollar refresh to truck lineup

Rocky, since nobody is talking here.....

If GM has limited funds how important do you think the balance of truck refresh funds vs. new sedan development funds should be spent? What are the most important places for GM to spend to come out successful?
    The current line of trucks was introduced in '07 and Ford and Dodge have more recent redesigns. GM certainly needs to keep the trucks fresh. The last generation of trucks went relatively unchanged for nearly 8 years, just receiving some interior improvements etc. GM certainly doesn't want to get behind on trucks. They are still important. Plus with sales of decreasing they need to be even more competitive with the product.
    I think since Dodge and Ford, have invested and raised the bar well I think GM has to keep pace and invest a good chunk into GM's Truck Divsion. If they could ever figure out away to perfect the plug in hybrid deal and we could have electric fullsize trucks....Well that would be a huge cash cow because you and I both know Americans really want to own a Truck or SUV if fuel prices weren't so high and the economy was better.

I will say GM has to keep spending money on R&D for it's small cars. Peoples budgets and disposable income has evaporated. However because people are acting smarter with the money they do have at this present momment well small economy cars that are nice are very important. If I was GM, I'd be scared of that new Ford Focus. That is going to be a great car. GM, better make sure this new Cruze is just as great!!! ;)

-Rocky
    110% Agree!!! ;) When I was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal a few years ago on the Tundra's impact on the truck market well I thought at the time they were going to steal a larger market share than they did. The Big 3 sure have the best trucks ever!!! That new Dodge Ram kicks [non-permissible content removed] and is the current benchmark!!! I'd like to have a HD Quad Cab (4 door) 2500 Cummins w/ a stick!!! That thing looks like a luxury car inside!!!

-Rocky
    When I was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal a few years ago on the Tundra's impact on the truck market well I thought at the time they were going to steal a larger market share than they did.

I thought they might too, but the market changed quite a bit after gas shot up. The casual pickup buyer pretty much stopped buying and that was the market Toyota might have been able to steal. The domestic trucks with their multiple configurations and options are way beyond what you can do with a Tundra.

I'd like to have a HD Quad Cab (4 door) 2500 Cummins w/ a stick!!!

Very sweet truck.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    I see where the new Regal is being priced at $27K or $30K with the turbo. Now we're talking! This strikes me as having to potential to be a real home run for them and having some real potential to bring down the median age of Buick owners. (won't do them any good if I buy one. I'd bring the age up!)

I will say GM has to keep spending money on R&D for it's small cars.

You betcha, Rocky! Forget what the Japanese are up to - Ford is getting deadly serious on his front!