Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Buy a Cobalt

2»

Comments

• i have 07 cobalt 42,000 miles i work at gm dealer and master certified gm and ase technician.mine is great no problems so far 30plus mpg interstate 27-29 normal roads. make sure the service department being used cares about wat they do to your car. that makes a big difference in return problems. maintenance is the most important and it really is a cheap car compared to other cars in its class,if u treat ur car bad it,ll leave u hangin, talk to the tech workin on your car {dont act like u know everything)thats the worst thing u can do to a service tech. make sure ur complaint is understood and figure out if he likes what he does for aliving if hes only fixing your car for a paycheck better off finding you a differnt place to take it. that makes a big differnce in the dependability of your car or any car
  • dispencer2dispencer2 Posts: 294
    The seat on my 09 Coupe LT is now starting to wear and pill again. It has already been recovered with original fabric under warranty. Has anyone else had this seat wear problem. The car only has 16k miles on it and I wear normal clothes.
  • Stick with a Honda or a Toyota...you cannot go wrong with either. After all these years GM still cannot deliver a competent small car that will last...what the heck is going on?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,715
    edited October 2010
    >GM still cannot deliver a competent small car that will last

I see.

So they should buy a Corolla with steering problems? Really cheap interior? Odd placement of the steering wheel relative to the seat?

Or should they buy a Civic with the engine block leaks? And other problems known on the various discussion groups for both cars. The regulars respond with "Oh, yeah. That's a known problem"?

It's nice that you love your Honda. All cars have some problems sometimes the owners cause the problems in various ways.

This message has been approved.

• I bought a new 2007 cobalt before starting college because I wanted something dependable and good on gas. All was good until at about 50,000 miles I kept hearing a clunk coming from the front of the car when I hit speed bumps. Turns out its the front control arm bushings, and stabalizer bar. Turns out this is a VERY common problem with Cobalts but there will not be a recall because its not a safety issue. Try to be a good American and buy Domestic = Screwed!!!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    willz7565,
    Recalls are not formed based on if they are safety issues. GM monitors the complaints from customers to customer assistance. This is how they discover widespread problems. I am unsure of how common this problem is or what is the cause of it. The service department at your dealer would be a good resource for this information.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dispencer2dispencer2 Posts: 294
    edited March 2011
    I've had my 2009 coupe into the dealer twice for this rattling or buzzing noise inside the driver's door when on a macadam surface. I'm about to try and take the door panel off and jam insulation material inside. Does anyone know how the door panel comes off? It looks different than the ones that use the removal tool to pull out the plastic pieces that hold the panel on. Do I use a flat putty knife?
2»