Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• caradvise, $18895 for a base Millenia is a very good deal. I would save the extra $5000 for something else, eg sound system or HID headlights.

My prediction it that the 2001 Millenia should be out by before thanksgiving. I'm going to Califonia Auto show this weekend in Anaheim, hoping to see the 2001 Millenia. Wheater it's there or not, I will ask the rep there about the release date for 2001 Millenia. As for price, I'm pretty sure you can get one for invoice price, maybe even lower if they have rebates going; which happens about 90% of the time for Mazdas car.

Ecaf, I got the Eunos emblem in Sydney five years ago. If you have friends/cousin in Australia, hong kong or japan, be nice to them, and ask them to get one for you.
  • marak88marak88 Posts: 57
    in order to decide between both cars you need to find out if you would want to have the leather seats (with heated seats option) vs cloth seats,, Bose stereo system, the 210 hp engine vs the 170, the powered sunroof and the beautiful 17 in wheels (go for the chrome option)instead of the 16 in alloys, with the slightly sportier ride ( cus for 18895 I'm assuming that this is a base millenia that did not have any of the above options), now if you would want to have all the above features I thinks that $24119 is a heck of a price, especially if you can afford the difference in cost. on the other hand if you do not care about any of the above options then go for the base millenia, its still a very nice car.

and at the end, you are the one who would have to decide, I'm only trying to show you what might be the differences in both cars that you need to look for in order to make your own decision..

regards
  • I have a '95 Millenia S (which I love) which has
    approx. 85k miles. I recently heard a knocking
    noise and when I took it to a Mazda dealer, they
    told me I had an internal engine leak and the
    entire engine would have to be replaced which
    would
    cost about $13,000. Being as I only paid $12,000
    for the car, I wanted to know if anyone else had
    experienced this problem or could it be something
    else. It has the Miller Cycle engine in it.
    Help.
  • acabral1acabral1 Posts: 122
    I was told by several dealerships, that the 2001 Millenia will be released in the late December to early January timeframe; and that rebate will probably not be available until six months of its intial release (pending sales)

If the 2001 model is really an improved version, I will purchase another one. If it isn't an improvement over the 2000 model. I will stray into the Lexus market
  • mantagmantag Posts: 47
    for a 95 L, 685 is alot. that sound s like they qouted you for the S..if not , i shop around.

for the 95 engine blown, what happened that caused engine to leak( valve cover gaskets or other)? 13g's for a new engine- pppplllleeeaasseee- i don't think so
    That price is nonetheless astronomical. Convey this problem to other Mazda Dealerships in our local vicinity to obtain another diagnosis of the problem and cost to repair. If thier prices are also high - contact a reputable local shop for estimates. Dealing with a non-mazda shop will should not pose as a threat because your warranty has already expired. First inquire, whether or not they have experience working on a Millenia's engine and to what degree their experience is.

If all your sources quote you a repair price close to or more than the price you paid for the car -- sell it - unless you can honestly warrant a sound reason as to why you'd want to spend that amount of money for your Millenia.
  • turbotcturbotc Posts: 163
    we went to quirk mazda in Quincy and they offered us the S and the Millenium Ed. at $7000 off MSRP. Below $25k for the Millenium Edition with the 4 season package. But their service sucks so we walked out.
  • prophet2prophet2 Posts: 372
    My brother is a certified mechanic and when I told him about this price-tag, what he did was a long w-h-i-s-t-l-e .........

Probably better to use the 13K toward a new car, but not another "S." I had a '95 "L" and it ran well, even with merely 170 HP.
  • turbotc, I agree that services are not nice at Quirk when I tried to buy the millenia. However, when they tried to sell me the Volkswagon, they treated me very nicely.

Thank you for the responses on base v.s. S. from you folks. I really like to have a moonroof and the smoother engine of S, but do not prefer the leather seat. Oh well, I really had no concept about car, I even attempted to drive a car with one wheel stolen :-) I'd better save 5K for the next car when I know how to select and appreciate the luxury car.

Thanks.
  • I looked at the money.com. Millenia has "very high" for maintenance rating. What does it mean?
    Does it mean it has a lot of problems to be repaired. Or it means it costs a lot to repair? Or both? Thanks.

Check it out.

http://cgi.money.com/cgi-bin/money/carfinder/carfinder.plx?sortField=maint&sortOrder=desc&step=result&targetPrice=any&class=midsize&make=any&resaleValPct=any&maint=any&insurCost=any&start=0
  • has anyone installed the xpel hood, light and bumper paint protectant film on their car?? Just curious as to how hard it was to install and is it working? The hood kit is listed at 99.95, and the light kit at 59.95. The bumper kit is 229.95 which I will probably skip. They mention that the film is invisible on every color but white, of course I have the pearl white paint. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions???
  • I recently replaced a water pump, timing belt and auxillery belts on my Mazda Millenia 2.5L eng. It took me about 12 hours and a Chilton repair manual. It was by far the toughest water pump repair job I've ever done. I'm proably a avg. shade tree mechanic, be sure and get your timing right. Cost about $160. for quality after market parts,I used NAPA parts. Getting timing belt covers off was the toughest part. They should make auto enginners do repairs on thier own designs!
  • rysakrysak Posts: 7
    I got some rear window distorsion also. However, I don't know if it's the glass or its extra tint I put when I purchased the car.
    Any one knows where I can purchase rear spoiler for 2000 Millenia at reasonable price?
  • Mazda Australia just rename their Eunos 800M to Millenia. They have a good description of all the improvement on the new Millenia and a good picture of it too. I think it looks pretty nice and muscular from this picture's angle.
    Here's the link to the pic and review

http://www.mazda.com.au/models/252.html
    http://www.mazda.com.au/corpora/873.html
    cheers
  • I suspect it means exactly that. Toyotas, which are renowned for reliability in some circles, are also scored Hi, which suggests to me that they're looking at costs of repair, not frequency of repair. (The Millenia does well, for instance, in the Consumer Reports charts.)
  • bv678bv678 Posts: 1
    I took a 1995 Millenia S for a test drive and loved it. I noticed a fairly pronounced clicking noise from the engine when I popped the hood. Is this a normal characteristic of the Miller-cycle engine?
  • rmck46rmck46 Posts: 8
    Continental had 95000 mi when I trashed it Sorry
    It's unfortunate that you weren't treated the way you expected to be treated by Mazda dealership you visited. Hopefully, that was an isolated incident. The funny thing to your story is that, I recieved the same type of treatment from a Lincoln dealership, when I was considering the LS-V8. Again, perhaps my experience was an isolated one as well! Who knows, but anyways good luck with whatever car you decide to go with.

Regards,