Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    I have 6 CD changer and Bose (it does say Bose on it); reception is good - better than Passat GLX (short mast active antenna), same as Chevy Venture (antenna also in glass on the windscreen).
  • ddwzfddwzf Posts: 10
    89 or 93?

The previous owner told me it's better to use 89. Is that true? what grade gas you guys use?

thanks
  • fwatsonfwatson Posts: 639
    will work fine. If your car knocks or pings on regular, go to 93. I don't think it will though, because I have run 87 exclusively for 12000 miles.
    Also, there is a TSB out advising not to use 93 in the P because of carbon buildup. Check post #2536 of 2584 by misty8

----------------------------------------

(Bulletin No: 01-027/02

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

All 1995 - 2002 Millenia models with 2.5L V6 (KL)

Description

After a cold start, MIL comes on with DTC P0300 to P0306 stored in the memory. In most cases, this concern may be caused by misfire occurring in one cylinder during idle. The use of premium fuel (high-octane fuel) may be allowing carbon deposits to accumulate on the exhaust valve seat, causing momentary insufficient compression.

To correct this concern, remove carbon deposits using a suitable top engine cleaner.

Note: After removing the carbon deposits, be sure to advise the customer to use lower-octane fuel (87 or 89 octane) to help prevent future recurrences.)

------------------------------------------
    Has anybody else noticed that Kia has stolen the original Amati name for the Millenia and stuck an "n" in it to escape copywrite infringement. What a slap in the face by the Koreans.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03169/193654.stm
  • No matter what they call it, it is still a Kia. 'Nough said.
  • sdasda Posts: 308
    1995-96 has both mast (electric antenna) and rear glass grid antenna--a true diversity system. 1997-2002 rear glass only, with the diversity system selecting from the left or right grid in the back glass. Reception was better on my 96 vs my 98, yet both were very good. I like the look of the one piece projector beams on the 95/96 better than the two piece (headlamp and side parking lamp are separate pieces) on the 97-00. Illumination is fine with both, though my wife said when I was following her in my 96, she remarked how little headlight glare the lights projected.
  • There is a big difference with the Bose and stock system.The Millenia I leased had the stock radio which I think is one of the best stock radio I have heard so far, however, I listened to the Mazda Bose and it is definitly a step up from the stock radio.

Just to add- when I was leasing the Millennia the sales person wanted me to get the Bose and the "s" model. I told him no because I am in this for only three years, the base car is sufficient enough for me.
    You didn't have to buy the 'S' to get the Bose radio. My '96 had both the Bose and Cold Weather (heated seats, heavy duty wiper motor, starter, battery) package. I tried to find the same combination when I bought my '98, but could only get the Bose. A car with the Cold Weather pkg was not available. Both cars were not 'S' models. Actually thought about upgrading to the 'S' when I bought the '98, but couldn't justify the huge price difference for a marginal increase in performance.
    I haven't listened to the Bose, but if it is better than the stock audio system, it must be outstanding.

I spent 4 hours on the Regal lot in Lakeland, Fl last Friday while getting my daughters Odyssey van repaired (recall for a bad ignition switch). Excellent treatment by everyone there.

That gave me a lot of time to check out the Acuras and Accords. The TL is an impressive car, but as I was looking over an RL, I couldn't help but notice that the right side of the hood did not sit level with the fender about midway. That rather surprised me seeing as it was one they chose to put in the showroom. I thought about you and the transmission problem that is so prevalent on the TL forums. Good luck with that. BTW, with just me and my wife at home now, I'd take the CL. ;-)

Now I better get back to MM's before Pat sends me another email for getting off base.
    That was about posting a link Edmunds didn't approve of. ;(
  • fwatson: If I had a dollar for every hour I have spent in waiting rooms, especially for my wife's wheelchair van (Plymouth) I would buy out Mazda and retool for the 2005 Millenia S. I think I have finally got over my intial enthusiasm for my 2000 MM S. Even my wife asked me the other day why I wasn't finding excuses to go driving every day "just for the hell of it". We found out last February why that nice town is called Lakeland. fairwood
    "I think I have finally got over my intial enthusiasm for my 2000 MM S. "
    -------------------------------
    I don't drive just for the hell of it so to speak. But after two years it's appearance still surprises me frequently. My wife took some pictures at Punta Gorda last Sunday, and after they were developed and I was looking at them, there was the MM in the background looking unbelievably beautiful. It is extremely photogenic. And It is still the most enjoyable of all the cars I have owned. Similar from what you say, to your total. If it holds up as well as it looks and runs (so far not even a minor glitch) I'll have it for many more years just because I don't want to get rid of it.
  • AMEN to that. fairwood
    Both my 96 and 98 were absolutely trouble free. Never had to go to dealer for any adjustments or repairs! They were the best two cars I've ever owned. A pure joy. Wish I hadn't 'gotten tired' of the '98 and traded for a Catera. Huge mistake. Good to have 20/20 hindsight :)
    "Catera"

I too admired the Catera. But just as Cadillac has done so many times, they took an import (this time Australian) and totally blew it. Thankfully I passed over buying one. I still see one occasionally and wonder how Pontiac will do with the Holden it is importing as a Gran Prix. Beautiful car, but from what I've read it is also trouble prone. We need to put the Ausies all in the Styling studio and keep them out of the engineering and manufacturing part of the business.
  • ... the old joke about Heaven and Hell:
    Heaven is where the police are British; the cooks are French; the auto builders are Italian; the judges are Swiss; the engineers are German.
    Hell is where the police are German; the cooks are British; the auto builders are Swiss; the engineers are French. Keeping the Aussies in the styling studio brought this to mind. The Australian version of the Millenia was called the Unos or something like that. I'm sure someone here will correct me. Feel free. fairwood
    Close, but you said to correct you.;-) I am posting the following because it has always interested me.

"20th October, 2000
    Millenia - new face, new name… okay, it’s new

"Mazda Australia has opted for a new name for its Miller Cycle engine powered flagship saloon. Previously the Eunos 800, it will now be known as the Millenia."

http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Mazda/Millenia_800.htm

"Millenia is part of an unfulfilled dream. A decade ago, Mazda saw Lexus and Infiniti succeeded in entering prestige car market, so it established two new brands, Xedos and Eunos, for Europe and Asia respectively, to market the prestige line of cars. Two prestige cars were developed, Eunos 500 (Xedos 6) and Eunos 800 (Xedos 9), intended to rival BMW 3-series and 5-series respectively. The American operation Amati was to be set up before the company went into financial trouble. Mazda woke up from the dream.

The Eunos 800 (Xedos 9) is still surviving today, but no one cares about its brand name any more. In Japan and North America, it is simply branded as Mazda Millenia."

http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Mazda2.htm
  • I did not say you had to buy the "S" if you wanted the Bose.I said he wanted to sell me the "S" with the Bose radio.

I know the base car can be optioned out with the Bose, this sales guy just wanted to milk my pockets for 40 more horses(170 base 210"S") and a few more watts.
    I'm with you. I also couldn't justify the price difference to get 40 more hp in the 'S'. But I did want the Bose and Cold Weather options on my car. I found the power on the 2.5 v-6 to be enough for my driving needs. It ran nicely on regular gas, too.