Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• That's what I suspected kcm8419. I got a quote for 1 Dunlop SP5000 from Discount Tire (who also mentioned that they no longer make this tire so it had to be ordered from Dunlop) and it was for $209 (US) so I decided to go with a Yokohama YK420, which is a better tire according to the guy at the shop. Total cost including free replacement was about $165. The only other tire they had that would fit the the stock rim was a Goodyear Eagle RSA, but it was around $20 more. Looks like I'm ready to zoom-zoom again.

By the way, the OEM Dunlop wasn't slashed. It had a nail embedded in it that we didn't notice. And all the continuous driving caused the low profile tire to burst out of the sidewall. So, all My fellow Milly S drivers should carefully check for embedded nails in your low profile tires.
  • kcm8419kcm8419 Posts: 121
    For your seat heater instructions look at posts 2681-2683. If you need more info let me know and I will see if I can find it.

Soloflight98 did you also check the seat warmer relay in the back of the seat to see if that was good?
  • I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 Millenia with 26k miles and I am looking for input on this vehicle. I totaled my 95 Millenia last week and it saved my life. I had numerous problems, including axle boots and major transmission problems with my 95, but I loved to drive that car, I am sorry Mazda discontinued this model. Please let me hear from people on merits or detriments to the 2002 model.
  • Glad to hear that you survived the accident, and Millenia saved your life. My wife totaled our 2000 Maxima last year, and that car saved her life too, after hitting concrete wall at 65MPH on freeway. I was looking for Maxima's replacement and purchased 2002 Millenia with 17K miles. The Millenia is a great car with no doubt. I just love the outside look (pearl white), interior layout and color (beige leather), and it is cheaper than Maxima. Most standard features of Millenia can be compared to Maxima's GLE model only. I miss my Maxima only when I try to quickly accelerate Millenia, but... now I realize how dangerous it is to have too many horses under the hood. That was the main reason of my wife's accident - the car accelerated so quickly that it went out of control.

To be short in answering on your question: in my opinion 2.5L Millenia's engine has the most comfortable power - not powerful and not weak. So far it is reliable (23K on odometer), handles very well at high speeds, looks fantastic (comparing to new ugly looking Maxima's, Camry's and even Lexus'). It turns heads because you don't see them often at Wal-Mart's parking lot. If I would want to replace my Millenia, I would go with Millenia again. Too bad Mazda stopped shipping them.
    Bakersblock I am glad to hear that you were able to walk away from your accident. Now on to your question. I love my '02, and I have had no problems with it. I have the 2.3 S model. Don't forget the '95 was the first year for the Mill so I am not too surprised about problems with it. Though I am surprised about the number and type of problems that you had with it. I think that as you read some of these post most of the people here have minor problems compared to the ones you had with your '95. I am not just talking about the '02 here. I think that if you loved your '95 you will definitely love the '02 just as much, if not more, due to some refinements that Mazda made to the car since the '95.
    Good luck on your decision, and again glad to hear that you are ok.
  • Bakersblock,
    We got our 02 "S' model a little over a year ago. Have about 20K miles on it. Have taken a couple long trips & love the car. The only complaint I have probably has nothing to do with the car itself. From the start, the car pulled slightly to the right. The alignment was checked twice & the dealer claimed it was dead on. I've read earlier posts here that others had the same problem & the tires may be to blame. I had a balance & rotation done prior to our last trip & the problem disappeared. So I suspect it could be the tires. But other than that, love this car.

Tuckerdog
    Just like to wish everybody a safe and happy holiday.
  • Hello All,

This question is not car specific. But does anybody have any experience with the California Duster? I'm a little leary about dragging some mop looking thing across a dusty finish. But it seems like a wash/dry & wax is hardly good for 24hrs before the dust starts to rob the shine.

A safe and happy Holiday season to all,
    Tuckerdog
  • my girlfriend took her millenia in beccause of a c.e.l turned out to be leaking valve guides. This car is a99 Millenia s with the miller cycle engine this oil leak apparently shorted out the coil and caused the plug to misfire I wont even mention the cost,but Im highly dissapointed with this car it only has 69000 miles and she has keeped up with all regular oil changes etc.
  • is a standard problem. Im suprised there hasnt been a recall. Well I will break the news to my girlfriend Im almost positive she will be a regular on this board from now on. Fairwood your cars biography has come in more than helpfull Thanks
  • In October, I purchased a 2003 Mazda 6 fully loaded. The dealer where I purchased the car has a new owners dinner. At the new owner dinner, I asked one of the auto techs there why they offered a navigational system in the 3, but not the 6. He told me they will eventually when Mazda releases the Mazda 9. He didn't know exactly when it will be released, but it will be the actualy replacement for the Millenia. Don't worry guys, Mazda hasn't given up on the luxury sedan yet. I think the 6 is really cool, but more sporty than luxury. You guys are welcomed in advance.
    Aperry1, that is interesting to hear about the Mazda 9. You are the first, that I have heard of, to mention a new luxury car coming on line for Mazda. This could be a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the information. By the way did they say when the 9 is going to be coming out?
  • Mazda sure likes using 3's, 6's, and 9's...e.g. 323/3, 616/626/6, 919/929/upcoming 9. They even had a 121 model somewhere. Anyhow, I just hope it won't have any Ford components in it. Maybe Mazda will once again captivate My interest with this model..hopefully..we'll see.
  • No, the guy at the dealer did not say when the 9 will be released. At first, a lot of things used to say the 6 was replacing the 626 and the Millenia, but now I know it only replaced the 626. Hopefully sometime soon, we will see the concept in a C/D or maybe at a car show.
  • Can anyone tell me if there's a repair manual available from a source other than the Mazda dealer?(real salty price) Thanks
    If you did not want the "Mazda" manual you can always try an auto parts store. They normally sell Haynes manuals or some others like that. If they do not have it in stock I am sure they will special order one for you.
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Posts: 360
    I recall that the 9 and MM were made in Japan. Does anyone know if the rumored upscale Mazda will be made in Japan?
  • fwatsonfwatson Posts: 639
    http://thehollywoodextra.com/mazda/mazda9.jpg

" The Mazda 9 is based on the new 6 platform, and use a version of the same V6 engine "

I wouldn't buy that as a replacement for my '01 MMP. Not the same type of car at all.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Just a word here ... that particular site is not held in the highest esteem for truthfulness and reliability around the Town Hall.

:-)
  • fwatsonfwatson Posts: 639
    He can be flakey at times, but he does frequently get good pictures or renditions in advance.

The text is from another forum, and I would get nasty email if I posted a link to it. ;-(