Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• I also have that same problem with feeling every bump. I got a 2002 with 68,000 miles three weeks ago. I have taken it to 3 different mechanics, and they can't tell me anything. Escpecially going over rough roads on curves, the car doesn't feel stable, like it skips out from under me
  • kmadankmadan Posts: 1
    :cry: I have a 1998 mazda millenia and 5 days ago i had the trans spd sensor replaced.then i was driving and it slammed into gear and the engine light came on and the hold light started flashing.I put it on a otc computer and the same trans spd code came up,do u think i could have just gotten another bad sensor or do u think it's something inside that is messing the sensor up?I love my millenia but i just can't seem to keep it up to par.I maintance it when i should and just when i think it'll be fine something else goes wrong anyone else have this problem?
  • jrhawkjrhawk Posts: 1
    Is it really needed? All of it. I'm getting quotes from dealerships from 750.00-1200.00.
  • dancermandancerman Posts: 220
    Sounds about right. Check owner manual. If it says timing belt at 60k then you would be wise to do it if you are keeping this car for awhile.
  • For those who are having trouble with the CD stuck in the CD player disconnect the battery cable for a few minutes and the issue is resolve.
  • fwatsonfwatson Posts: 639
    The '02 Millenia does not require a belt change until 105000 miles. In addition, the engine is non-interference so it will not be damaged even in the event of a belt breaking.

If you have the 2.5 engine, any good mechanic can do normal maintenance on it. If you have the 2.3 supercharged engine make sure the mechanic works on other engines of it's type. I have participated here a long time, and from the history of this thread it is obvious that Mazda dealers are way out of line on normal maintenance. Mine is an '01P and has never been worked on. I do my own oil changes and similar maintenance and the car is still the same as new.
  • hcoffeyhcoffey Posts: 1
    You've probably already heard this but your seat heaters are burnt out likely.The newer replacement versions apparently are much better, but I don't have any idea of cost as I had mine replaced under warranty.

Yes my sunroof does the same thing.Opens(eg: slides back but won't close occasionally, unless I fiddle with the switch for a while.Today it wouldn't close at all.(The sunfoof tilt up/down option works fine all the time.)

Let me know the answer if you have solved this mystery.It will be much appreciated.Thanks.

The dealer was hopeless in trying to get any information.They all just want to dance around the subject and get you in for an expensive "inspection analysis".
  • slb1slb1 Posts: 3
    Hi eldee11, been there done that. I have a 1999 MMS. My front driver side has been welded 3 times and my passenger front has been welded twice. I called the dealer and they wanted $600 for each rim but i'm sure you can find something less expensive on the web. Although i have had a total of 5 welds done luckily they have never been re-welds to cover an old weld so finding a good welder is the key.
  • gemini618gemini618 Posts: 10
    I too have a 2000 Millennia S Millennium Edition with 65K. I just bought it about 1 1/2 years ago and noticed that my tires kept losing air. I thought that maybe the tires needed to be replaced, so that's what I did. Lo an behold, it kept doing it after needlessly spending $$$ on new tires. What I was told is that the chrome peels and even those little specks leaves enough space between the tire and the rim to leak air. I too had them welded, but that was only a temporary fix. I cannot afford new rims.
  • gemini618gemini618 Posts: 10
    I have a 2000 Millenia S, Millennia Edition and get anywhere from 12 - 15 mpg. I originally got 17mph at best, but the check engine light keeps coming on and the dealer nor anyone else can explain why. As for the bad gas mileage issue, they just say that it is a supercharged engine and I should expect poor mileage. I know that's bull because I have seen sites where owners have the exact car (Millennia Edition - supercharged) and they get an average of 17-23 in the city and more on the highway. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Miller Cycle Engine which few mechanics have ever heard of.
    I've tried everything from changing the plugs and coils, air filters, correct tire pressure, put in premium fuel AT $2.59 pg right now. I'm stumped because I love the car itself, but it has turned into my worst nightmare.
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Posts: 7
    Hey everyone. First time poster here. I have a few questions about a car i am looking at. It is a 97 milleniaS and has about 85k miles on it. It runs really good and is a very solid car. It has a clean title and they want $5900 for it. It seems very reasonable. It has a wine to it though. When you step on the gas to accelerate, it makes a kind of electronic sounding noise. The people that own it said it's from the supercharger kicking on. It only does it when you are accelerating though and not in park. Does this sound normal? Also, is there anything that i need to check or look for in this model year? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Whoa! very low mileage for a '97.
    5900.00$ seems reasonable, given that it's in good condition. You have to be judge of that.

The whining noise is absolutely normal(supercharger).
    What a sweet music!
    Typically, the supercharger is the first item to verify
    on an S and do not base yourself on the general condition
    (looks) of the car.Make sure to have the vehicle checked by a skilled mechanic who is familiar with that type of engine.
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    I have 2001 S, and regularly get 23 MPG in heavy commuter trafic (Boston area), 24-25 on the highway at 75-80.
    I experimented with going steady 68 mph and that gets me 28MPG easy. I have 64,000 miles on the car.
  • thomlhthomlh Posts: 2
    Can someone please help. My 2001 millenia s (60,000 miles) hesitates for about 2-3 full seconds after pressing down the accelerator from a dead stop. The only time it doesn't do that is right when I start it up and the first stop or two (while engine cold). I took it in the mazda dealership and they said it was the injectors. They charged me a bunch for a fuel injection cleaning which did nothing. They said I would need new fuel injectors if the flush didn't work ($2500).
    Any ideas ???
  • silversilver Posts: 10
    Hi, my 01 Mill S has 53000, I had to replace the Lysholm compressor at 33000 miles under warranty and only other thing I now have is the chrome wheels, the metal is breaking up and the bead isn't setting on the tires occasionally allowing the tire pressure to go down. I have lost two tires so far on this. Do you have any problems with this. To answer your question I haven't had the acceleration problem, only thing I know any repair part is expensive, the chrome wheels are $800 some apiece from Mazda, the Lysholm compressor was about $4300 installed by the dealer under warranty.
  • thomlhthomlh Posts: 2
    Iv'e replaced the tires at about 40,000 miles but that was because of ware. Have not had any problems on car except the automatic power steering tilt mechanism which went out (35,000 miles) and was replaced under warranty. Sorry to hear about the wheels and your tire pressure problem. And yes, repairs on this car are very expensive being that it has a Miller cycle engine in it and many mechanics are very unfairmilur with it's quirks. Sure wish I could figure out the acceleration problem I'm having.
    I have a 2001 Millenia S, 53000 miles, the local repair garage said they could replace the timing belt for about $300.00. You might want to check around, I know the dealers are higher than heck on this.
    My 2001 Millenia S also gets around 23, the best probably has been around 25 also on highway. I posted message 3617 about my wheels, have you had any problems with them? My car has 53,000, the metal is breaking up on them and the tires are leaking because the bead breaks down. Have lost two tires and just had another problem and this was on another wheel, it seems that at least two of my wheels are bad, replacement is approx $770 at the dealer.
    Actually my tires hold air pressure very well, but I have noticed some corrosion after this winter on the wheels (it's not on the rims though, but on the inside of the circular openings). I wasn't good at all about washing the car this winter and I guess the New England salt and grime had their way with alloys.
    I won't be doing anything about it - the car runs very well, but I'm starting to look for a replacement for my Millenia (back problems, I need something easier to get in and out of, not that low). I have to say it is very difficult to get anything at a reasonable price that would have interior comparable to the Mill S (with the Optitron gauges).
    Tomek
    Silver,
    I forgot to mention: I've been sticking to Dunlop SP5000 (the OEM tires for 01 Mill S) and they've been quite good - held up over potholes pretty well. My coworker with Michelines on her Volvo had 3 flats over last 6 months or so... Dunlops have reinforced sidewalls and are supposed to be more resilient to damage, therefore they protect the rims better.
    What tires are you running?
    Tomek