Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Come on, people -- leave the personal comments and attacks out of this, please.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • That should be an awesome ride...I am going to test drive one when they come out this summer.
  • saxoniisaxonii Posts: 31
    To envedrani: I ma going to be civilized here since Pat our King ups!!! moderator will once again wipe my response from this board ( and I had a nice one written, too bad Pat did not think so). Mercury is a nice car and it allows me to get to and from work. I drive it not because I cannot afford anything better, granted, recently, I had to fork a lot of $$$ for downpayment which in other parts of the country would probably be enough to buy a house outright(Boston included), but I still have some left,( enough to get Millenia S or base). Like I mentioned before, I once was a proud owner of a wonderful vette but life had pushed me to sell it. (no it was not the m... hood) I also used to be a yellow taxi cab driver here in NYC and trust me what I have been able to do in and to cars you will only see in the movies. If you have never been to NYC and see the cabs in action come down and check it for yourself. As for me not being able to post on edmunds.com yea right dream on buddy!!! I am here to stay! However, I must add that your statement sound very stalinist like, you would fit vey well in a country where Gulags are the norm (go check what gulag is before you make another mistake like the one with G35). Ciao SAXON II
  • On a long drive the other day in my 96 L (approx. 2 hrs at 80 mph) I noticed substantial heat developing around the gear shift area on the center console. It was right around where the gear numbers and letters are located, and was too hot to even touch it. I know that on manual transmissions the gear shifter itself can become quite hot, however, I've never noticed this in the two years I've owned the Millenia. Anybody noticed this before?
  • The improvements in the '01/'02 Millenias were on key, the front & rear sway bars reduce body roll tremendosouly. The '01/'02 literally drive like an entirely different car. FALSE
    There have been no changes since 95 intro, only Eunos and Xedos with four wheel steering have rear sway bars.

A five speed automatic (manumatic) is purely a selling gimmick; Patently untrue; if this were so automatics would still be 2 speed.

The Millenia S use what is called a Centrifugal Supercharger. Did you get this from, your car salesperson? False!
    The S uses a "Lysholm Compressor" which will give 14 PSI boost at WOT and all rpms, i.e. instant boost. The S Miller Cycle Engine was a horrible mistake by egotisticle Japanese engineers that instead of comitting Hari-Kari said "Look what we did".
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    You might want to get under it or have a muffler shop check your exhaust system for a missing heat shield or an exhaust leak.

2 hours at 80 should be nothing for almost any vehicle.
  • The Only important change to the Millenia since it's debut in 95 was the front brake change to ~1" larger disc's. This made a vast improvement in stopping distance (from 144' to 122' from 60mph). Aparently few people in this group consider better brakes important>
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    ""...rear sway bars reduce body roll tremendosouly. The '01/'02 literally drive like an entirely different car." FALSE"

The Millenia S does have a rear sway bar.

There have been numerous suspension tweeks to the Mill over the years too.

And why is the miller cycle such a bad engine?
  • jplymanjplyman Posts: 90
    I have noticed a couple of times when I pull out the key that my steering wheel does not move - is there something that will keep it in place or do I need to take it to the dealer -

Thanks
  • 9sunset9sunset Posts: 23
    Time to say goodbye!
    Returned my 01 MMs to the dealer outlining all service had been performed on this car since
    Dec 18,01 to Jan 21, 02. In return I got my 99 maxima back; at the end of the day, I have lost $2000 Cdn.
    I appreciated all the feed backs from the member of this board.
    Good luck on your MM's
  • obioha1obioha1 Posts: 27
    hey guys, i've always read this board, but never suscribed, anyways. I love my '99 white/sand S and I think that it is one of the best kept secrets of the auto world. i was wondering if anyone has tried the antiroll kit offered by eibach from the tirerack. I like the handling of my car but it seems to roll in corners more than i would like.
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    I would take it to the dealer, since yours is 2002 on warranty...
  • The Millenia S does have a rear sway bar. No it does not!!!! If you know it does post a Mazda part number.

There have been numerous suspension tweeks to the Mill over the years too.
    Enumirate the "tweeks"

And to new to board obioha1 message 1137 the Millenia rolls horribly in corners, much more than my 02 Ford Ranger p/u and Eibach does NOT have an antiroll bar kit for the Millenia.

And why is the miller cycle such a bad engine?
    Other Automakers using the Otto Cycle have forged far ahead of the Mazda Miller cycle in both power and economy at a much lower cost.
  • obioha1obioha1 Posts: 27
    at tirerack, it says that there is an antirollkit for the millenia s as well as their prokit for lowering the vehicle. I don't know if this piece is vehicle specific or universal,but there is a kit for the car according to tirerack. rzawarski what's got you, these are just questions and comments, nothing personal. relax. I think that mazda should have over the years increased the horsepower of the miller cycle to stay ahead of the competition, like it started off with in '95 when it finished second only to the much lauded bmw 325i. since then it has steadily fallen behind the competition, finishing last in edmund's much biased comparison test.
  • I definitely agree with obioha1....there certainly is an antiroll kit for the Millenia S (at least I KNOW there is for the 2000 S), also BOTH Eibach and HR make a lowering kit for the S.

I have spoken with one other Millenia owner who has the anti-roll and he said it is now a *much* better handling car (he also had the HR springs).

Here is the "tirerack" url. Goodluck!

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=Millenia+S&autoYear=2000

My 2001 Millenia S with 17 inch wheels corners very flat and has almost no roll, certainly much less than the Passat GLX I used to have. I see absolutely no problem with roll.

Tomek
    Bob,
    don't be so arrogant, know it all, and down-putting other people. If you go to Mazda Millenia standard features & warranties here on Edmunds under new cars, you'll see in the suspension section:
    - four-wheel independent suspension
    - front and rear stabilizer bar
    2001 had it, too. Any questions???
    Tomek
  • Eibach says they don't have swaybars for the Millenia. Mazdausa does not mention a rear swaybar in their specs. Stop trying to shoot the messenger.
  • jplymanjplyman Posts: 90
    I'm very happy with the cornering of my 2002 MM - I love taking it on winding roads - while yes there is a little roll it is a lot less than my Mustang. I did check the tire rack website and sure enough - you can order a swaybar kit for a MM.

Why does are board pick up so many trolls - I guess they are jealous of or great cars!
    Now we're getting somewhere... you're mis-informed, not well informed. On WWW.MAZDAUSA.COM click on Millenia and look for specs/features (the link is http://www.mazdausa.com/millenia/specs/default.asp?vehicle=millenia&zip=02081&did=51027&state=MA)

Prem S Model
    Front stabilizer bar S S
    Rear stabilizer bar --- S
    So the S has both stabilizer bars, the P only front. Edmunds is wrong in saying that P has both.

Does this little 10-second fact finding convince you?

Tomek