Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• Thank you Pat. That would be an invaluable upgrade
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Heh, you are absolutely right - and you know, the reason I put enhancement in quotes is because I CAN'T BELIEVE IT DOESN'T EXIST ALREADY!!

Ahem... pardon me for yelling.

:-)

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • Dgreenbu, I did not have the upgraded Bose stereo in my 96 L, but would suspect that you would need to match the receiver with a Bose changer. However, Crutchfield.com and other retailers do offer some changers to match factory components, so maybe you should consult with them too. As for an aftermarket in-dash changer, most single or double DIN units should fit into the opening. As for wiring a new receiver, some on this board have suggested that changing out the Bose stereo can be difficult (it was a breeze to connect an aftermarket unit with the "standard" wiring harness.
  • obioha1obioha1 Posts: 27
    i test drove the new millenia and it felt more solid than my '99 with 30,000miles on it. I was wondering if there were any aftermarket parts that may give my car this more solid feeling. Maybe a strut tower brace or something. They say that mazda reinforced the sidesills but what does that exactly mean?
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    Well, I think they've 'stiffened' the car and increased torsional rigidity for 2001 by some significant percentage compared to previous model years. I wouldn't believe one can do much with after-market additions to stiffen the car's structure.
  • Congragulations the two of you have dual handidly managed to make this list into another Feel Good list. Spirited discussion NOT ALLOWED!!!!!
  • How the number of postings drops as the level of "spirited" conversation goes up. Sorry, but if I want spirit, I'll go elswhere or not go at all! We finally had our sunroof rattle corrected. They had to remove the roof liner to find the problem, but all is well now, and the new liner brought back that fabulous new car smell! All in all, our dealer experience was as good as can be expected for a hard to diagnose problem.
  • Any chance that these wheels will fit my 98 Millenia. I know that the Mustang is rear wheel drive but I really dig those rims. Look far better than most of the rims i have seen. Thanks in advance.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    I have never seen RWD rims with the proper ofset for FWD vehicles.

Although, I have seen a few Sentras that didn't seem to understand this...hehehe.
    Spirited conversation is fine, of course, and occurs throughout the Town Hall. The personal attacks that were taking place in here are not fine at all - this is a Town Hall principle that most of you already know and respect.

If anyone wants to discuss this subject any further, please address me off-line. It is not on topic here.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
    Bob,

can you please remind me how many stabilizer bars does a 2001 S have?
    Can you order one from Eibach?

Off topic: I think you are confused as to what "spirited" means. Go spirit ... somewhere else, or at least be helpful, and not disseminate wrong information.

Good luck-
    Tomek (censored a few times before...Pat can attest)
  • saxoniisaxonii Posts: 31
    Hey pal!

You must understand something folks here are little touchy when it comes to constructive criticism. Some of them even wonder about vette owners ... hoods. So bear in mind that if you do not follow party line you will be personally attacked. On the other hand, I perfectly understand them If I were to spend 25 big ones on a car that has not been significantly modified since 1995 (which is btw its first year of production) I would be pretty upset if somebody would point out how old and out of date their car is. So do not take their comments to your heart.
    FEEL THEIR PAIN! Ciao Saxon II
    Okay, now let's get back to discussing the car and stop talking about each other.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • I have posted on my website all of the differences I know about between the different model year Millenias...

www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte054i/mazda.html
  • mb595mb595 Posts: 17
    I am considering a 2002 Millenia P. It has been offered at 21,500 new. I am comparing to Honda Accord Sedan EX-6 at 23,200. Nobody I know drives the Millenia and the local Mazada dealer will not let me take it for more than a 5 minute spin. It seems like a very nice car for the money.

Can any owners give me an opinion on whether this is a good car for a one car couple and how they think it compares to Honda? What options are worth considering? The base engine puts out 170hp is the acceleration acceptable with the auto transmission? I would not consider spending the extra 3k for the S, so if acceleration is not acceptable I would go with the Honda which has 200hp but seems to drive faster given the smoothness of it transmission. Appreciate any thoughts, thanks.
    mb595,

1. Test drive
    I wouldn't buy from a dealer that won't let you really test drive it. I had my 01 S for half a day, ~40 miles test drive, including bringing it home so my wife could take a look at it / drive it without having to go to the dealer.

2. Power
    Base P didn't have enough "oomph" for me in city traffic (was OK at speed on the highway) but its all very relative and there is a guy here on this forum (fwatson) who is really happy with the power of his '01 P. On the other hand, 21.5 for P and 24.5 for S sound like good deals (especially the one on S - I paid 26K for my S in July 01).

Hope this helps -
    Tomek
  • I got my 98 Base Millenia lowered (Eibach Pro Kit)last May and it looks great. About to put on some Chrome 16' inch wheels. It really bottoms out now when I go over bumpy surfaces other than that it is fine. Any place to shop for aftermarket struts or whatever to help reduce the "bottoming out". I would really like to keep it lowered but it is a bit too much on bumpy roads.
  • I bought my Milleniaum Edition new and love it, except for the HVAC control...it seems to have none. Most of the time the automatic control heats the cabin up too much. When on automatic, it only puts out to the feet, and they quickly bake. Selecting defrost only bakes your forehead. Selecting windshield and feet, or vent positon, gives thermostatic control.. sometimes.
    Many trips to dealer haven't fixed it; he says there are others with this problem, and Mazda can't, or won't, help. I called Mazda Canada, and basically they said the same thing. I find this unbelievable for a car just half-way through the warranty period. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you deal with it?
  • jean7of9jean7of9 Posts: 192
    I visited your web site and found the comparison very informative. However I have one question pertaining to "revised steering for the 1997". Is it the steering wheel or the actual steering radius of the car. I always considered the mammoth turning radius of my 95S as Achille's heel. Did they improve on that for the 97+.
    Jean
  • It was not the steering wheel...they did something to the actual steering. What exactly they did I'm not sure...I just remember reading it on a website somewhere when I had gathered all of this information. The steering radius on the newer Millenias is still bad...so I don't think that was changed.