Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• Was wondering if i could do it myself or would have to take the car to the mechanic.
  • Last week I bought a brand new 2000 Mazda
    Millenia. I noticed that when I look in my rear
    view mirror, the objects (cars, etc.) look
    distorted. At first I thought that the distortion
    was caused by the mirror, however my husband and I
    determined that it was actually caused by the rear
    window. When I drive the car, I feel like I am
    wearing prescription glasses that are wrong for me,
    and it makes me feel dizzy. I took the car back to
    the dealer and he said that the glass itself is
    fine and that the distortion was due to the way the
    glass was shaped and angled and that all Millenias
    are made that way. I think that there should not
    be any distortion for any reason. Has anybody
    noticed a similar problem?
  • mantagmantag Posts: 47
    i have a 95 s. no rear window distortion. i don't know what bull that dealer is telling you, but i would check with the manager of the dealership and/or go to another dealer. what a bunch of crap that salesperson is saying!!
  • go to a different mazda dealership and compare you window with one on another millenia. I have not problems with the rear window on my 99 millenia, my parents had no problems with the one on their old 95 millenia.

good luck
  • rysakrysak Posts: 7
    Hello every one!
    Thanks for responding to my prior question regarding Millenia's stereo system. I brought the car to local audio shop and they installed me my 200 watts amps along with a subwoofer. Everything sounds awesome now. I love the car a lot but the thing, which upsets me, is its gas mileage. I get about 18 mile per gallon in town/highway combination. I don't race the car at all. I'd love to have it as it's promissed-20 in town and 28 highway. Does any body have the same problem? And what are my chances to have this fixed at the dealership? I put about 2000 miles on it, so I assume that "break-in" period is over and its gas mileage should be higher than I have.
    Best regards
  • My Mazda Millenia S was originally equipped with Dunlop SP Sport 4000 A/S tires; P215/50R17 90V M+S. How long should I expect these to last with mostly stop/go driving? What is the best tire to replace them with? - I would want a good performance tire that handles good in rain and some snow (only get about 5 inches of snow a year). Thanks.
  • I have very difficult time deciding between the two. It is that old dilemma style over perfomance.
    Should I go for Maxima and have 222hp but butt ugly or ugly butt car or should I go for the Millenia with 170hp and enjoy the interior and over all xcellent fit and finish?????? HELP
  • What tire should you get for the best ride (not rough) and handles rain/snow on the Mazda Millenia S?
  • ecafecaf Posts: 44
    Saxon22,

If you want the power of the Maxima with some of styling elements of the Millenia, check out the Maxima-based, 227-hp Infiniti I30.

http://www.infiniti-usa.com/docs/fr_i30.html

Unfortunately, it costs as much as the 210-hp Millenia S. And, though the I30 looks much better than the Maxima, the Millenia still has the better [non-permissible content removed].

http://www.millenia.mazda.co.jp/

If you save a little more, the Infiniti I30 may be the best compromise between the Millenia and the Maxima. If you want something slightly less sporty and more cushy, check out the Mitsu Diamate LS or the "controversially styled" Toyota Avalon.

My trusty and very reliable 1995 Millenia S has over 108,000 miles and it still gets complements!

Good Luck!
  • acabral1acabral1 Posts: 122
    Has anyone out there come across a performance shocks/struts setup for the Millenia; or even a compatible application. To compliment the H&R Lowering Springs.

I recentley saw a Silver Millenium Edition completely demolished a few days ago. The car apparently rolled-over. The roof was smashed and the back wheels were bent from the axle --- the car was also covered in mud - the driver probably confused the TCS as AWD!

Hmmm......... what a shame!
    If your budget allows for it, go for the '00 Millenia S or '01 Millenia S - Excellent car loaded with many options and rides very well! I thought the I30t was to Maxima-ish, "if you will"

The Avalon is another car to consider, despite its "Oldman" persona - superior reliability, plathora of luxury style options and excellent resale value. The Avalon also carries a slight resemblence to the Lexus LS430.
    How is everyones leather holding up? My '00 Millenia already has a lot of creases in the leather and I am using a non-retail leather cleaner. (which surpasses the performance of any retail product currently on the market)

From a comparison that I did on another '00 Millenia, my leather was in better condition, but I think Mazda could have utilized a better grade leather for the seats. Any comments?
    My leather is still in decent shape, despite many many miles of my buttockery. I have been using Lexol leather cleaner and Connolly Hide Food (that stuff from England in the green jar that looks like lard) for conditioner. I'm satisfied with these products; my leather is in much better shape than typical for Millenias as old as mine. However, I have a problem with black scuff marks on the sides of the seats and the inner door.

The leather in Mazdas (as well as Hondas and Acuras) is decent but could be better. The leather in Toyotas (the Camry/ES300 come to mind) feel especially soft and rich.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/luxury/default.asp?t=lu

OK, BMWs, Jags and Bentleys have even nicer leather.

The worst leather I've seen were in GM cars (except Cadillac & Saab). Check out the leather in most Chevy models (except Prizm) and all Pontiac models. You'd never see leather as ugly, plasticy and cheap. Peep this:

http://www.pontiac.com/bonneville/interior.html

Probably the most hideous, unattractive and overstated interior ever. Also check out Mitsubishis for cheesy leather. Check out the back seats of an Eclipse with leather.
    I have the same problem with being easily subjected to leaving scuff marks in the lower section (right&left) side of the seats. I think the increased leather wear is partially related to the leather's surface design which utilizes folds, overlappings and crevices to obtain a more luxury look. As a result of this particular design the leather seating surfaces also tend to soil much faster as well. In comparison to the other cars that I have owned.

I wonder if the '01 Millenia utilizes a better grade of leather!!??

ecaf --- does the leather cleanser product you use add sheen to your seats? There's nothing worse than a greaseball seat and steering wheel!

Regards,
    yes, the Millenia S does not have great gas mileage for daily commuting, but I managed to drive my Mil S from Bestheda MD to Newark NJ on just about one tank of gas. I was down to 1/4 tank when I gassed the car up.

My driving conditions were as follows:
    Temp - 68 to 73 degrees MPH - 73 to 85
    Octane - 93 Route - I-95/NJ Turnpike
    Cruise Control - N/A Wieght - 3 Passengers with
    approximately 300lbs of luggage Traffic - Moderate
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    isn't a 2000 Millenia S in the same price range as most Maximas?
    i too have a 95 s, and the leather is in excellent shape. i use lexol as well (cleaner and conditioner. seat side panels are vinyl, and require vinyl cleaner i suppose. pay attention to he back of the rear seats where they meet the deck lid. the sun beats down in this area alot.
  • ruski, you're right. The SE and GLE Maxima cost about the same as 2000 Millenia S (after discount off course), and Maxima's lowest model cost about the same as a regular Millenia. This makes a Millenia S an even better buy than a Maxima.

BTW, what kind of cleaner should I use for the door panel?
  • The leather in my '99 Millenia is starting to show a lot of wear on the driver's seat. I do treat the leather. I've found that Armoural Multi-purpose cleaner works well to remove the black scuffs from the doors and sides of the seats. If you do try this product be careful what you use it on...it is very strong...it will remove the paint from the Millenia's glovebox and probably some other parts as well...but does seem to be safe on the dash.
  • Most good cars have reputation for running forever. How reliable is MM????? Will I be able to driver it for 100K???? can she go up to 150 or maybe 200K. I drive a 1989 civic with 152K and the baby is still ticking. Any high milage stories out there??????? Please share. Saxon
  • thank you for responding to my call. I still have not decided. I went to my local Mazda dealer over the weakend and they had about 10 2000 MMsblack, white,and green. Price 22.000 plus the usual tx tags dest ect. Seems like a decent deal and the guys were easy to deal with. Today I went to my local Nissan place and I felt powerless. What to do????????? I like 'em both. I currently drive:
    84 Vette - for fun
    89 civic - to work
    I want Maxima because I know I will miss the power once I let my vette go. However, on the other hand if I get it I will miss the attention I am used to on the street and respect on the highway when I go a bit sleeker than the rest.
    I want both style and perfomance - (I guess I should go for another vette - wife would kill me and torch the car).
    I also checked the Avalon, NOOOOOOOOOO way I am going to drive it "bench seats", what is next Forida nad collecting social security. It is not for me for another 30 years. A solid car though.
    Infinity is too much like Maxima not enough of difference to warrant the price increase.
    So back to square one. Millenia or Maxima??????
    Please convince me one way or another. Thanx
  • Go for the Millenia...after all it was designed to be a luxury sedan from the ground up...it has no cousins like the ES300 and Camry or Maxima and I30...it is its own unique car. Everyone who rides in my Millenia is always impressed, especially when the steering wheel moves up and down. I have the two-tone white/sand mica paint...people often mistake my car for a Lexus. But you have to make the decision
    A. Be the only Millenia at the stop light
    B. Be one of the 20 Maximas waiting at the stop light
    I didn't want to be like everyone else, which is why I went for the Millenia. So far 1.5 years later I am still very happy and thinking about getting a 2002 Millenia S when my lease runs up.
    saxon22, i have to agree w/ milleniaman1, besides, the maxima is UGLY from the outside!!! Sorry, just my personal pref.
    I will definatley express my concurrence with the other individuals who recommends the Millenia.

A recent Consumer Reports -- Used Car Purchase Guide, gave the Millenia its, "Recommend" comments; and thus far I haven't had any problems with my '00 Mil.S -

The Millenia, is truly a vehicle in a class of its own, this car truly defines the word, Elegance & Uniqueness.

If you dare to be original, do the dew!

Regards,
  • turbotcturbotc Posts: 163
    Looking to buy a new 00 Millenia S or Millenium Edition. Was wondering what is a good price to get these in the Boston area. Thanks.
  • I haven't noticed it until you mentioned it. It's only a minor amount, and I don't notice it unless I look for it. The fact that the window is so small bothers me more. I haven't found it to be a safety issue for me.

I had problems with my fuel gauge, and it wasn't until I return a nasty response on my repair questionaire until they fixed it.

Did you try other Millenias in their lot for this distortion? Is your's worse than other Millenia's. If so, keep fighting and good luck.

Bob
  • jfb7jfb7 Posts: 11
    I have an appointment to meet with a salesman at Mazda on Tuesday evening. I was originally going to buy a leftover '00 S, but they don't have any leftovers. They do, however, have a car that I'm VERY interested in making my own! It is a '98 S in absolutely mint condition! I went to the dealership one Sunday recently and went over every inch of the car. It is FLAWLESS! Better yet, it only has 18,000 miles on it! I have read every posting on this site - the majority of them stating nothing but praise for this car. Still, I would appreciate any feedback from owners of the '98 model re: handling, performance and any problems they may have experienced. I've done all my homework regarding pricing of this car. I know the dealership has listed it at $21,995, which is too high even with the low mileage factor. I think it's priced about $2K too high! Any thoughts? One last question: I have read alot about the dreaded 60K mile servicing for the S. Are there any other warranties out there that cover this - or would this fall under "scheduled maintenance?" Any info or thoughts would really be appreciated. I think this site "rules" and so do all you Millenia owners out there!! I hope to be joining the ranks very soon! Thanks! John
    Just some FYI for Millenia owners who want to lower their cars for improved looks and handling.

H&R makes lowering springs that fit '94 - '00 Millenia. It lowers the front: 1.4" and rear: 1.3"
    The parts number is: 29956. MSRP for the kit is
    $429.00 This kit will make your Millenia ride quality between 25% - 30% stiffer.

Bilstein is also under-development of a performance shock application for the '00 Millenia. Vist the official site and contact thier authorizied distributers for actual release dates.

Regards
  • Are there any modifications for Millinia L such as a turbocharger or anything else that would bring it up 50 60 ponies. I checked stillen.com but they only had stuff for maxima.
    acabral1, sorry it's been some time since my last visit in this forum. The leather products I use (Lexol leather cleaner, Connolly Hide Food for conditioner/preservative) don't add sheen to the seats. Once the leather is cleaned, the Hide Food is applied and allowed to be absorbed for about a day (or the better part of a weekend). The residue is then buffed off with a clean towel. The resulting finish is flat and satiny, rather than shiny and slippery. The seats must be buffed well or else they'll feel slightly waxy. The stuff never gets on clothes though. Heavy duty stuff! For platic surfaces, I use Lexol Vinylex. I've used this stuff for years, though not as often as I should. Still, the interior in my '95 is in great shape after 109,000 miles. I'm leary of any combination cleaner & conditioner product for leather. I'm also afraid to use any product called ArmorALL with the interior; I heard it does some short-term good but much long-term bad.