Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Sedans

Comments

• The E60 will become more popular.. You can still get a late model, super low-mile E39 right now... but, in another year, that will be harder to find..

Some of you dislike the looks of the E60 so much, you'd never buy it.. but, I would say the number of people in that subset is pretty small..

It still is the only BMW mid-size sedan, and by all accounts is a great drive.. That will sell a lot of cars, right there... I predict they will be just as popular as the E39, eventually...

regards,

kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kscctsksccts Posts: 140
    Probably all true but that doesn't change the way it looks. But who knows maybe it will grow on me. Like a fungus.
  • Hey... that's my line!! ;-)

Sorry, I plead guilty.
  • I'm sure I "borrowed" it from someone else.. you can use it..

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Should be a boon for the tow truck operators.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    I would love to buy a new E60. The only thing standing in my way is the idrive/reliability issue. They are positively correlated.
  • rich545rich545 Posts: 386
    I still don't think the AWD option is true by the way. My dealership and BMW both said that there are no immediate plans to have an AWD E60. As far as NAV goes, the improvement for 2005 is that you can get both NAV and SAT radio together. In 2004 you could only have one or the other. I don't think they changed NAV functionality though.
    Whether it's ulgy or not is completely subjective. You think it is, but everyone that has seen mine thinks it's really attractive. Seriously, you'd be amazed at how many people walk up to me and offer their completely unsolicited praise of how the car looks. So different strokes for different folks. No one is an expert on what is good looking or not.
    Like I said; never underestimate the....
    It is subjective, I know. Enjoy your car.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    I believe it was H. L. Mencken who said: "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

I've been using this quote since I got out of high school, not quite 40 years ago.

It was true in his day, it was true in mine (or at least in my salad days), and it's true now.
    Thanks for the proper quotation!
    Hmmm. Good to see you haven't changed much since the good 'ole high schools days. I'll hold off on saying anything negative about our neighbors to the north because though high school was only 16 years ago for me I'd like to think I've matured just a little since then. Anyway, ksccts, as I said to designman, I do like my car (obviously), and I'm not saying all of this for your validation. I'm simply pointing out that just because you don't like it doesn't make the car ugly or a bad car. Hell, for all I know the fact that you don't like how it looks may mean it's a true work of art!
    Oh, and by the way, have you happened to look at the European sales figures for the E60? But then, I guess they have bad taste too right?
    We all know most europeans have bad taste as do most Americans as do, in reality, most people. Nice sentence structure. Actually, if I don't like how a car looks then that does make it unattractive. E60 is a great car, some traits not included, but it is not a good looking auto no matter how many people swear the opposite.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Err, let's be careful about sweeping generalizations - individual opinions are fine and what we are here for, but to declare that some, any, group of people all feel the same way, and even worse, the way "they" feel is somehow "bad" a) doesn't make sense and b) isn't good form. Okay?
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    We can agree there are varied tastes and one man's meat is another man's poison.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Gentlemen, (Let's have a group hug)

We all can agree that these cars are great, most people on this board drive one.

There is no doubt that the E39 is a classic automobile, the E60 is the natural evolution of the model and in due time this model will take it's place in the classic ranks.

We are all very fortunate that we have the time to debate about our very expensive toys.

Everyone have a blessed holiday season!!!