Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430

Comments

• After complaining to Verizon and Motorola about not getting any kind of ring-through sound when there is an incoming call while Bluetooth connected, I finally called Lexus and spoke to a very helpful and well-informed person. He was aware of the problems, and suggested that as an alternative to an audible alert when there is an incoming call, I should put the phone on "Vibrate" and keep it in a pocket where I can feel it. This has worked for me, and I am no longer losing incoming calls.
  • As kmll indicated in post #6865, a class action lawsuit has been filed in California against Verizon in connection with missing Bluetooth functionality on the Motorola V710. The action was filed by Kirtland & Packard, and I sent them an email asking about it. They sent me back an email saying they have had so much interest in the suit that they have decided to construct a page on their law firm website (www.kirtlandpackard.com) to provide the public more information about this action. This will include a copy of the complaint filed with the court, as well as a questionnaire about our experience with the Verizon v710. They encourage people both within and outside the state of California to respond.

The lead attorney is Laura Digirolamo <lmd@KirtlandPackard.com>. You can email her to get on a list to receive an email with the web link when it is ready.
  • jvcnjvcn Posts: 50
    They're baaack!!! (See MSN) Oh forget it. Don't have time to compete with aging children.
  • garyh1garyh1 Posts: 386
    I filed a complaint, and suggested they withdraw the posting permission of the writer.
  • garyh1garyh1 Posts: 386
    I received an email this afternoon from MSN stating that they pulled the offensive review based on the "irrelevant and inaccurate information" it contained. No mention was made whether they took away posting permission from the reviewer.
  • jsb16jsb16 Posts: 64
    I was also one of the first people to get a V710 to go with my 04 LS. I love the Bluetooth feature and switched from Sprint (which had no BT phones) to Verizon just to get the new phone. I would strongly recommend others to sign up with Cingular/ATT because they do not cripple their BT phones like Verizon did in the hopes of making a few bucks off ringtones. I am not ready to dump Verizon just yet and pay the $175 ETA fee but I will consider it if this class action suit is unsatisfactory. Motorola and Verizon both claimed that a firmware upgrade were being worked on and that kept many customers with the hardware past the 15 day return period but it is abundantly clear now that Verizon has no interest in enabling the Motorola BT features and crippled it intentionally. The new RAZR phone is $400 vs. the V710 $250 but the RAZR is a much nicer phone with working features. The other problem with relying on Verizon for technologically advanced phones is that CDMA phones like Sprint/Verizon are so much less popular wordwide than GSM phones compatible with Cingular/ATT/T-Mobile. The larger GSM market makes it easier for manufacturers to recoup their development costs. Go with Cingular if you are in a position to change carriers and you want to get a good Lexus compatible system.
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Posts: 122
    Do all of the features of the RAZR work with the LS???? I am still using an old Nokia, because all of the Bluetooth features work.
  • famwaldfamwald Posts: 114
    A month ago we bought an '05 LS 430 with the heated/cooled seats, so they have the perforated leather. I'm pleased with the heating ability, although they're a little slow to warm up, and sometimes they get too warm. Some days I just don't even need to turn them on.

Today we went out in the LS in the morning but did not turn the heat on in the seats. The heat system was "off" ... totally. No fresh air running on the seats, nothing.

For lunch we went out in our '03 BMW 530 that has unheated leather seats. The BMW seats felt much colder through the same layers of clothing.

Both cars were parked in the same garage.

Could it have something to do with the perforated leather? (strange but possible)

Same clothes, same long wool coat, striking difference in the comfort factor.

Any ideas why the BMW seats felt colder than our LS430's seats withOUT the heat turned on?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Was the BMW parked while the LS was being driven. You might be surprised at how long the seats will retain heat in a garage with closed car.

ON the other hand you are sort of comparing apples and oranges. I'm sure you are aware that cloth seats never "feel" cold, perforated seats are sort of "half" cloth.
    <<perforated seats are sort of "half" cloth. >>

Thanks wwest, that would explain the difference. Duh . . . why didn't I think of that, but I had a feeling the holes had something to do with it.
    Does anyone have personal experience with the Motorola RAZR phone and their LS430? If so, would you please share your likes and dislikes; advantages; problems, etc. I need to get a new phone & sure like the look of the RAZR.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,661
    Don't know if anyone has seen or posted this as it is UK based. Lexus biggest on bluetooth early on so they get the headline but this is something to be mindful of for anyone with bluetooth or any wireless system in your cars.

http://www.scmagazine.com/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=newsDetails&a- mp;newsUID=bc5789cf-e448-4a6e-bee9-a5dd291405ed&newsType=Late- st%20News
  • Kirtland and Packard have added a page on their class action lawsuit to their website, at:

http://www.kirtlandpackard.com/v710

It also contains an input form on which you can describe your own experiences and complaints.

I hate lawsuits but in this case I'm hoping it may do us some good.
  • pip7pip7 Posts: 10
    I have a 2005 LS - purchased Jan 08, 2005. Yesterday I noticed my smart key was not working. The battery was completely out. This is without leaving it near any of various devices listed in the manual (that I know of). So, I got one of the new keys. Lo and behold, the key does not work with smart access - only with the remote buttons and placing it in the ignition switch.

The dealer claims that all the keys worked at the outset (I never tested them). The service dept was closed.

Question is - does anyone know of a method to reaquaint the keys to the car without going to the dealer? The manual doesn't really cover this.
    Sounds like that 2nd key you tried is the valet key. Try the 3rd key that came with the car. If that doesn't work--go to the dealer.
  • dvaldval Posts: 13
    I think the smart key system can be deactivated with a button under the dash. Are you sure you didn't do this by mistake? Check the manual. This is for 04.
  • pip7pip7 Posts: 10
    Thanks dval and sidriggs! It turned out to be that I was (oops) using the (oops) valet key. I didn't notice the tell-tale absence of the little trunk unlock pic. How many master keys are you supposed to get? I thought that since there are three settings for the seat memory that ther were three keys - I guess not.
    I only got 2 master keys and 1 valet key with my '05 in December.
  • Thanks for the reply SV. The 2005 LS430s are being shipped with the 18" P245/45WR18 All Season tires instead of the standard 17" P225/55HR17. The standard tires are H speed rated at 130 mph. The 18" tires are W speed rated at 168 mph, which are normally seen on Exotic Sports Cars. Do we really need a 168 mph rated tire for the LS430?

Lexus is following the trend of other auto companies towards larger wheel sizes purely for cosmetic reason at the expense of ride quality. This is a hot button for me because we recently purchases a RX330 and were forced into the 18&#148; wheels. The shorter sidewalls have a significant impact of the tires ability to cushion the ride. Many of the squeaks and rattles we are experiencing in the RX330 are due in part to the road impact forces being transferred to the cabin.

We have been told we can custom order a vehicle with 17&#148; wheels but this limits our ability to negotiate on the price. Swapping wheels is not really an option. The tire pressure system, brake system and navigation system are all calibrated at the factory to the installed tires.
  • mfprmfpr Posts: 41
    There should be no problem with swapping 18" with 17" wheels for any of the car's systems, as long as the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combination is the same. I believe the standard 17" LS430 wheels and the optional 18" wheels have the same diameter and should not cause any problems.