Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430

Comments

• barb85barb85 Posts: 54
    Gold is the color I'm considering pin striping my black cherry/ultra/bordeaux. I think gold pin stripes with the gold kit would be striking on the black cherry paint.

I'll try to post pictures (after I get a digital camera). After tax time is over and I get a vacation I'll be looking for a pin striping artist. Also, I haven't had the gold kit put on yet. (I may get really daring because I can always peel off the pin striping and start over.)

If I had ecru interior, I'd probably try to match the pin stripes to the interior. Do you have the gold kit?
    I saw the new SC 430 Thursday. Absolutely beautiful! Lots of wood. The navigation screen is hidden behind a wooden pannel. In my opinion the steering wheel is nicer than the one on the LS 430. The wood part is sculpted just below the 10, 2 driving position in a bulbus way that gives one something to grip. The car is more narrow than my '95 SC 300 (for sale, by the way). Somehow the inside of the SC 430 seems prettier than the inside of my LS 430. Can you believe it??

I saw it with the packaging still on it and had to talk them in to getting the key. (The boss hadn't seen it yet, and they acted like they were breaking all kinds of rules.) They wouldn't open the trunk or operate the convertible top or put the key in the ignition, but I sat in it and it's absolutely gorgeous! I'll be in the area Friday, and maybe I can drive it then.
  • feverhartfeverhart Posts: 144
    VSC check light went on last night. Seems like there is a computer glitch in the 45-55 degree temperature range. It has to be reprogrammed with updated software. LS 430 owners may want to be allerted

Just returned from a 2200 mile fantastic driving experience. Driving at night in torential rain and looking for the turns was no challange at all with the voice and visual NAV making it a no sweat painless experience
  • flint350flint350 Posts: 250
    Barb85, no I don't have the gold kit, but I thought about it. Not sure what it would look like against the cherry w/ light interior. The pin stripe would probably look good in gold, which may in turn make the gold kit look good. I just don't want to overdo it. I'm supremely happy with my blk cherry as is and don't want to mess it up. It is such a unique color.
  • slexyslexy Posts: 31
    I negotiated dealer cost on the Gold Package (about half of what they ask) before agreeing to the total price of the Euro-Sport/Parchment exterior ls 430. In my opinion, it looks as good as it does on my 90 ls 400 in white. The gold plating on my 11 year old ls 400 has held up very well, but you do find yourself polishing & cleaning inside the "L" curve gold logo, especially if you have chrome wheels with the gold logo inserts. Also, in my opinion, the upgraded gold license plate frames finish off the Gold Package nicely.
  • wbwynnwbwynn Posts: 246
    Any new buyers have updated money factors and residuals on the LS430....especially through Lexus Financial? 39 months...? MSRP & purchase price..?

Thanks
    I am at .0033 money factor (7.92%) and 57% residual on a 39 month term. Taking delivery next week and want to make sure I get the best money rates as they come down. It also helps to know what part of the US you reside in.

All info appreciated.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,662
    Unfortunately I don't have any updates for you but what exterior/interior color combo did you go with.
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Posts: 811
    wbwynn -

Don't know what state you live in but in California, on a 39-month lease, the annual registration fee (DMV)is due in month #36 for the following twelve months. So if you return your LS to the dealer after 39 months, you've wasted 75% of your registration money. Probably not a big deal considering the overall payment size.
    I went with my same original request...Silver with Light Charcoal. By the way, my first deal fell through because they actually shipped me an LS with the wrong color interior. Hard to believe, but true. I waited a month for the car and had to refuse delivery when the transport finally arrived.
  • gadgegadge Posts: 2
    does any one have info on how dvd movies play and info on what lexus is doing with the problems with the phone
    I think that if one wanted to play a DVD movie, it would have to be loaded in the same place as the mapping software. When you get an upgrade in the mapping software, wouldn't they load DVD discs into that DVD player? I don't think it's the same player that plays CDs. Where is that mapping player located? Anyone?

Haven't heard anything about the phone.
    The DVD player is in the trunk. That's where the software is updated from (anyone know of a new version, my ver. is year 2000 - a new one should be out by now). As for the phone, I've heard nothing either and am anxious. It is the one real flaw in design that I have found in the car. I wonder what they are doing in the new SC430, since it came out after these phone problems.
  • afinegoldafinegold Posts: 57
    Believe I've read on this forum or elsewhere that to play a DVD movie, the DVD disk has to be loaded into the DVD player in the trunk AND the gearshift lever has to be in Park, or some such fail-safe technique. Obviously it doesn't work that way with the Nav, but maybe those disks have some instruction or code built in that bypasses the fail-safe mechanism.
    And why, exactly, would you want to do that? Seems pretty dangerous/unnecessary to me. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
  • gadgegadge Posts: 2
    I tried puting the dvd movie in the nay unit in the trunk it still dosent work has anyone ever played a movie in this car
    The Edmunds report on the LX470 suv is the only place where I have read that you can play a dvd movie via the nav system albeit without sound and only in park. Edmunds data is very accurate so I don't question it, but why would you risk your nav system to play a movie that you can't even hear the sound of. Perhaps there is something unique about the truck's nav system.
    Were you able to drive a discount on your lease deal? I called my dealer to make a service appointment for the silver car today and asked him if car was still hot. He told me he has only two demos available and all cars being delivered in next two weeks are already sold at full list. I paid full list for the silver but drove down price of the pine $2,500. I would have thought the Wall Street downturn may have affected sales and prices but apparently not - at least not in NY/NJ area. At least money factors are lower thanks to the fed easing and perhaps will go lower still after tommorrows fed rate cut.

I love both cars and look forward to your comments when you get yours. Did you look at the SC430? I told my guy I wanted to test drive it just for the fun of it and he said and I quote "good luck finding one".
  • nealm1nealm1 Posts: 154
    I was at my dealer for my weekly drive-through (looking at LS colors) and saw a bright red SC430 on the lot. Actually got to sit in it. At 6'2" leg room is of paramount importance to me. It had a surprising amount of room (they claim nearly 44"). The interior is a bit flashier than typical Lexus, with lots of brushed metal, but it was elegant nonetheless. The exterior is far more attractive w/the top down, IMHO; the top looks as if it is 2 sizes too small for the body, an observation I read elsewhere but agree with. Maybe I will buy one used in a couple of years as a toy.
    Where are you guys getting these flags from?