Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430

Comments

• macdawgmacdawg Posts: 6
    Thanks. I thought I recalled on my Camry that when the timing belt was changed they DID leave a sticker indicating mileage. I'll poke around. Thanks also for the idea of going to Lexus dealer and getting VIN specific service history.
  • vchengvcheng Posts: 1,286
    Good luck with the car!
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    the first 2 years of the LS 430???...it seems to be a car with decent mpg, yet may be reasonably priced as it is not the current LS460...thanks
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,781
    The LS 430 first year of production was model year 2001 and the last year was 2006. I think the only important upgrade during this run was model year 2004. The look did not change much for the entire run.

IMO, the LS 430 is one of the finest cars ever made. I think you can still get one that is certified going back as far as 2005, possibly 2004, which gives you virtually a new car warranty of 3 years or up to 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. There should be some great buys out there if you check around at lexus dealers.

My 2006 averages a little over 23 mpg overall with probably 75% around town. On longer trips it will get close to 30 mpg. Unbelievable for a v-8.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460

Can they be maintained and repaired (warranty-wise) at Toyota dealers???
    That I don't know. I have always used Lexus dealers, especially for warranty work because the ones in my area are really good. Also even with a used certified Lexus you always get a loaner, etc.

If you are in an area where there is no Lexus dealer I would imagine something could be worked out with Toyota/Lexus.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460

• mheni1mheni1 Posts: 41
    It is about time to replace the tires on my 2006 LS 430 after 35k on the original tires.The Michelin primacy get good reviews and I am leaning in that direction. Will appreciate feedback, good/bad, on this tire. fyi--I live in the Wash, DC area so snow is not an issue for me
    This is my first post in more than a year and I continue to be pleased with the quality of the discussion and the Edmund's' staff that make it all happen.
    Thanks.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Your LS430 deserves, and has earned, the quietest and most comfortably riding tires available out there in the marketplace.
    I am also thinking about replacement tires for my LS 430 after 40,000 miles. Are you saying the Michelin Primacy mxv4 is the best tire out there?

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460

No, I think the Bridgestone Turanza summer tire is the quietest and most comfortable riding.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I put the Michelins on my LS-430, and the difference is amazing. Quiet, smooth, great handling. I think they're the best I've ever had.
    But wait until you have driven them 8-10,000 miles......
    You have piqued (sp?) my interest...what should one expect in 8-10K miles, as I have those tires on my Crown Vic..
    NOISE...!!
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Well, that will be very disturbing if it happens...... Must admit though, that the Dunlops I had on there got noiser with age, much noisier.....
  • gwendolyngwendolyn Posts: 46
    The michelin harmony tires. They came on my 97 ls400. I replaced them with the same...I like them so well, I just order a pair to go on my 01 sle solara. Just my opinion.
  • gwendolyngwendolyn Posts: 46
    and the michelin harmony tires comes with a 80k mile warranty. And they are quiet...even when they start to where....maybe someone else can provide pros and cons for the harmony...this is just my experience...thx,

gwen
  • alawoodalawood Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 LS 430 with 74,000 miles, when drive alone at highway speed the engine has a dead miss that comes and goes. I took it to a Lexus dealer and they said it was the drive by wire system. Is there a modular for the drive by wire?
  • alawoodalawood Posts: 3
    Found out today that my problem was the thorttle position senor, I also found out you have to buy the thorttle body to get the Thorottle Position Senor. #1250.00 worth.
    Our '92 LS400, 120,000 miles, has been "drinking" power steering fluid.

Often lots of smoke from the exhaust at startup but fine thereafter.

Turns out the idle-up air metering valve has failed and is allowing the PS fluid to enter the intake manifold. $140 for a new one from Lexus or $80 for the same item for a 91 Camry.

Since this is only used if high stearing effort is required I have simply blocked the airflow on both ends.

Anybody else use that solution and have you encountered any adverse effects..??