Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1181920212224»

Comments

• I have the same problem. The spoiler is out of position and binding with the roof when the liftgate or glass is opened. All looks fine from the limited view I have. Anyone...?
  • las8las8 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2010 Jeep grand Cherokee I had it towed more times then I can count and not 1 code shows up when they hook it up to the computer. I then had a problem with the sunroof leaking so I took it to get it fixed and it made it worse it was like I had my own personal waterfall inside my vehicle. Did you ever contact Chrysler about the problem? because when I did they said that there were no reported calls regarding this issue
  • I have a 2012 JGC Overland Summit which has had 3 pairs of rear shock absorbers fail on it. Bought the vehicle new in Nov. 2011 and it currently only has 16,700 of mostly city miles on the odometer. The last two pair of shocks failed (after being installed) before the vehicle even left the dealership. Seal breaks (?) inside the shock and leaks hydraulic fluid.

Originally requested the vehicle be examined for a bad clunking sound heard in the suspension during low speed parking lot maneuvers. Jeep examined the vehicle and discovered the original shocks had leaked hydraulic fluid. Shock body clanking against itself was the reported sound source. New shocks ordered. Returned to the dealership, shocks installed, vehicle road tested by mechanics, new shocks found leaking. Repeated this process one more. Fourth set of shocks now on order.

I can't seem to find anyone reporting a similar problem in the late model JGC forums here, but has anyone dealt with this issue? It's a very subtle problem. The sound is annoying but not overwhelming. Only really heard at low speed maneuvers. (Sound drove me crazy though knowing I paid $45K+ for this vehicle.) The original shocks performed OK. I never noticed a leak. But I have to say shock pair #2 had the vehicle very unstable, particularly during highway speed maneuvers. Must have lost all their fluid. (Judging by the size of the puddle at the dealership that might have been the case.) They really got my attention.

Dealership has been very cooperative. Jeep claiming this is not a pervasive problem. Making the dealership follow warranty protocol with the replacements. But I've had it. I don't have time to have new shocks installed on my vehicle every 2 weeks, among other issues. Calling Jeep customer service tomorrow. Laying the groundwork for shock pair #4 to fail.
  • This is clearly a recurring problem on the new Jeeps. I had the same issue, the dealer diagnosed it within seconds on the test drive but didn't want to do it as a no charge repair. I called Jeep and they took care of most of it.
  • arhouarhou Posts: 8
    I had the same clunking issue with my 2011 GC Overland with trailer package. I traded it for a 2012 w/o trailer package and no more rear shock noise.

None of the 2011 or 2012 GC's I drove w/o trailer package had the noise issue.

Jeep tried many fixes but nothing worked.
  • iwant12iwant12 Posts: 269
    My left rear turn signal bulb went out last night (got a message on the dash) so I thought I'd be trick and bought a pair of Pilot LED 3057s. Though they fit fine, they didn't work. Has anyone else encountered this? I'd really like to change out all the lamps for LEDs.

Got 30 K on the clock on the 2011 GC, it's been a great 4x4, no problems whatsoever.