Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comments

• prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    The fact of the matter is that the JGC is NOT overpriced, the dollar is UNDERPRICED and getting worse weekly, thanks to Obama and friends Geithner and Bernanke. Did you know the dollar lost 7% last week alone?

And as far as BMW is concerned, their prices are even worse. $10,000 MORE for the new X3 compared to the Overland. Got to pay those high German pensions, ya know.
    The tranny does not have "added gears" as far as I know, just the conventional five.

What happens is that when the HEMI is not under load, it reduces to 4 cylinders from 8 and this results in added fuel economy. I have the same thing on my 2006 Chevy Impala SS and it works seamlessly an beautifully, not to mention effectively.
    Yes, by all means trade it in (to a willing buyer, of which there will be many). We are all getting tired of your moaning and bitching about the car which is a perfectly fine vehicle.

I drove six (6) before ordering mine and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the seats, in fact, they were high-end.

You must know little about cars because you think it is abnormal to hear a "thump thump" with the windows down. ALL cars do that.

You have an obvious bias against the car so go get yourself a quality-lessening Toyota and be satisfied.
  • jpp5862jpp5862 NCPosts: 352
    I drove an Overland V6 over the weekend, nice vehicle but it was lacking some power. It was adequate but by no means what I would expect from a $42,000 vehicle. It was quieter than my 2008 4Runner, ride was comparable. The main negative was a Check Engine light that was on, I was actually surprised the salesman brought it around to drive with the light on, but when I mentioned it he said, "Oh as long as it's not flashing we're OK." I remarked how it wasn't really comforting for a brand new vehicle with 21 miles on it to have the light on and he said it was just because the gas cap wasn't tight. He may have been right but it didn't instill confidence.

The final killer was the residual on the lease rates, at 43% the lease was near $750 per month, and while it's a nice vehicle, you can get a lot more for your money at that price. I'm hoping the 8 speed transmission makes its way into the 2012 and helps with the power issue, but that probably won't be enough to get me into one.

I wish the residuals were better and the Check Engine light hadn't been on, if so I'd probably be leasing one today.
  • Yes, I agree with you, re: steering wheel.
  • jjp550jjp550 Posts: 3
    I bought a2011 v6 with check engine light on and they said nothing to worry about probably gas cap , now they dont know what to do to fix it I'm waiting to get it fixed
    I regret you who have test-driven the V-6 have had problems. I would not have driven the 6 either. The gold in this engine is in the HEMI. It is a GREAT engine and I cannot wait for mine to get here!

In the proper configuration it really is a superior vehicle. Forget the six, it is not the engine to have. It is only there because of the government. Get the V8 and be very happy!
    Yeah, I didn't find it very comforting, I'm really still surprised the sales guy brought it around, he drove it up front for me, you'd think he would notice that and get another one.

Hope they're able to get yours fixed soon, that's another reason I want to lease, quality is still suspect to me on the Jeep. If it starts having problems I want it to be under warranty and I want to be able to give it back at the end and not have to worry about it.
    I don't need the HEMI, I'll never tow anything with the vehicle and the 6 had enough power for me for daily driving. For me it's not worth the extra $2 grand and the decreased mileage to have the HEMI. Kind of like someone in FL buying 4WD, why pay for it if you don't want or need it.
  • I purchased a new 2011 JGC Laredo in November. On Friday the check engine light came on. I brought it back to the dealership and they told me the problem had to do with the 'cold start indicator'. They ran some tests and are waiting to hear back from Chrysler on how to proceed. They did say that they have heard about this problem on other 2011 JGC. Has anybody else heard about this?
    I am hoping it is not a major issue, because so far I love this car!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,662
    Hello all. 1st off I want to congratulate everybody on their new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokees. The positive press this Jeep has gotten is incredible. It is sharp and rugged looking and the interior is beautiful.

My current daily driver is a 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH that has over 134,000 miles. I'm still in love with how my car drives after almost 9 years (purchased new in April 2002 as a leftover). I bought it when I was 26. I'm now almost 35 & have a family. I recently moved to Connecticut (Stamford) and the difference between how the roads are plowed between CT & NY is staggering. My 4 snow tires and 5 speed manual transmission got me to work yesterday, but my Prelude's touch more than 5" of ground clearance almost got me into a lot of trouble. I had to go North on the Merrit Parkway instead of South because the entrance ramp wasn't plowed, then couldn't get off to turn around until Norwalk because the exit ramps weren't plowed. My Prelude did excellent, especially since I found out late last night that Governor Malloy told people "If you don't have four wheel drive & good tires, you are going to get stuck, so stay off the roads."

Now I understand that the Blizzard we had the day after Christmas and yesterday's 14" of snow are not the norm and at most we get maybe 10 snowstorms the whole year. My snow tires have done well by me for the last number of years, so I'm not running out to buy an SUV just for the four wheel drive. As a homeowner & parent I feel the need to own a vehicle with more interior space & cargo room (For those of you who are curious, my wife drives a 2010 Acura TSX).

This brings me to my point. Sometime in the next 6 months to a year, I'm going to attempt to sell my BELOVED Prelude & purchase a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Of course I have to DRIVE it first. It looks sharp in red with the black interior. For $1495, I want the HEMI. Luxury group II, Blind Spot detection, and I'm sure leaving something out, but my built MSRP was a little over $45,000.

I'm definitely in NO RUSH to get the car. The middle of January is NOT the time to sell a 2 door sports coupe. But when the time is right, I'm going to try and strike while the iron is melting (if gas prices go sky high over the summer). I really wanty to wait for the 8 speed automatic because I'm sure it will do wonders for both the car's acceleration & fuel economy numbers. So I'll be lurking and posting here for a while.

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

edited January 2011
    The 2011 JGC is a superb vehicle which is beating all the competition regardless of cost.

It marks the beginning of a new era for Chrysler and Jeep.

There is truly nothing like it and I can hardly wait to get mine. Camel leather with white exterior and all the bells and whistles except the blind spot detection system which I did not feel I needed pariicularlyl

HEMI of course!
    Is a fantastic invention IMO. Because of styling trends in recent years with most vehicles having "high beltlines," thick C Pillars, & manufactures trying to make their SUVs "less boxy," terrible blind spots have been created where they never existed before. Go sit in an E30 (1984-1991) BMW 3 series. The view around the car is truly panoramic. My Dad has it on his 2010 Tahoe & Mom has it on her 2011 Cayenne. It is just another very useful tool.

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Can anybody explain better the Jeep's 4WD systems? Is the Limited w/ HEMI (Quadra Drive II?) always in 4 wheel drive or can it be put into 2WD?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to posting more in the coming months.