Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60

Comments

• Hi Everybody. I'm thinking about buying a S60R within 2 weeks and have some questions.

1.How much is the Sport Pkg cost?
      --invoice/MSRP
    2.Any rebates for purchasing,not leasing?
    3.How much everybody paying for this car?
      --Silver/blue, Premium pkg, Climate pkg, 18" Ti wheels, Sport pkg.
      -- Is it possible to buy the car for $500 over invoice since demand is so low?
    4. Anybody could explain why OSD is the cheaper way to buy the car?
      -- I still have to pay the state sale tax, right?

Thanks in advance :)
  • I'm coming off a lease with a C70 coupe using a car seat for my 13 month old son. The 2 door car is a real pain with a kid...plus those seats in the C70 are very slow. That's one of the reasons I'm considering turning in the coupe in favor of an S60...probably a 2.5T with sport package 5 sp geartronic so I can still "shift" when I want. My C70 is a 5 sp manual and I'm getting tired of shifting.

How does the car seat work in the S60. Any brand recommendations? Thanks.
  • offering the rebate is chase.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Lease companies have nothing to do w/ rebate. That comes from Volvo.
    Can be used w/ any lease company that does business in your locale.
  • If the lease is a 48 month lease then that's where the source of 44%. Remember the term is important to consider when discussing RV factors.

You can click here you can see what the ALG RV is:
    http://cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=02446&srv=lease&act- - =rv&mknm=Volvo&mdnm=S60+SERIES&yr=2004&mr=&x=- - 10&y=7
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,432
    yeah, he said 48 months in the first post. its still low compared to my example of a Honda. Its a shame. Its the only thing that keeps me from really getting a new volvo.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• I'm wondering if anybody out there has seen the S60 in nautic blue....how's it look?....I'm seriously considering the S60 2.5T FWD with the geartronic transmission,(any comments on that?), heated seats, dolby surround sound, heated seats, sports seats in beige, moonroof....ie. loaded. When I price that out on the volvo site it comes to around $37,600.

Any thoughts on how to best approach the dealer on pricing for this because I'm ending my C70(also nautic blue) lease in May so I'd probably have to order this car....or should I just risk it and wait and see what's on the lot at the time my lease is up (which I don't really want...but maybe the deal would be better). I am definitely buying my next car.
  • If you like the Nautic Blue on your C70, you should like the Nautic Blue on the S60. Doesn't the dealer have a new Nautic Blue car in stock? It doesn't have to be an S60 - Nautic Blue on any car is the same as Nautic Blue on the S60.
  • scott31scott31 Posts: 280
    That lease is terrible. I leased a '99 STS that stickered at $52,505.00 for 3 years for $721.38 a month. With NOTHING up front, I rolled all fees, taxes, etc into the lease.

With a $3500 rebate and such, etc, the payments on that Volvo should be MUCH lower for a 48 month lease.

Don't do it.

P.S. My '95 Legend LS Coupe stickered at $43,970 and I leased it at $659.70. I also rolled EVERYTHING into that lease plus the $4000 I was upsidedown in my '92 Vigor, plus MD charge an EXTRA 5% lease tax to every payment back then. Bottom line is that Volvo lease bites.
    Its impossible to compare using lease deals from other manufacturers under different circumstances in a different year. For instance, knowing Caddy of recent years gone by, that car may have stickered for over $50K, but between all the factory to customer incentives, factory to dealer incentives, and deep discounting to invoice, it makes a BIG difference on luxo-American cars. Then on the Acura, that just illustrates the point I made earlier about the extremely strong residuals on Honda/Acura vehicles, and it shows in their leases. Comparing a Volvo lease to a Volvo lease is the only true way to determine what is good and what is bad.

• I purchased an 04 2.5t just exactly as you described for 29,185 in Sept 03. Geartronic transmission is great.
  • I am trying to purchase an S60 2.5T AWD sedan. Carsdirect.com gives a target price of $29278.00 for this car with premium package (no xenon lights, no DSTC), in New York and New Jersey area.
    1) Is this goal achievabvle? Or this price is too low? This price includes a $3000 incentive which will expire on 2/29/04.
    2) Should I add DSTC (in Northeast, we have had a very bad snowy winter and I drive from NJ to CT twice a week.)?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • I just got a quote for an S60 AWD
    Black Sapphire or Silver metallic color.
    Premium package.
    No DSTC. No Xenon lights.
    $30590.
    I am trying to ask the dealer to give me Edmunds price which is $33307-$3000 incentive = $30307.
    It seems it is difficult to get a deal based on carsdirect.com's target price, $29278.
    How do you think about this quote?
    Thanks.
    then why not just use carsdirect?

I never have, so I can't say if it works or not, but I've been wanting to find out. :)

• yk40yk40 Posts: 19
    monkeyking1:

Just recently, I have been offered s60 AWD with premium+sports package for $29410. If you like e-mail me and I will provide the sales person's name and the delaership.
  • First: everyone's input is much appreciated.

Final negotiated deal:
    MSRP 41,725
    Term 48mos
    Residual: 44% or 18,381 (right in line w/ ALG)
    Intial Cap Cost: 41,225 (gave me 500 off)
    Adj. Cap Cost: 42,162 (acq. + filing - 297 of 4500 rebate)
    Money Factor: .00185 (roughly 4.44%)
    Monthly Pay before taxes: 607.43
    Cash to me ($3500 rebate + 1mos 607.43) or 4107.43
    No $$ down.
    All service through 36,000 miles included

I feel the deal is fair now imho
    S60-R w/ 18', premium & climate, 6spd

Happy hunting. I pick it up at mos end
  • 1. Thank you very much yk40. I will email you in a few minutes.

2. To qbrozen: if you mean that I should try to buy a car from carsdirect, here are the answers. I did call carsdirect. A Rep told me that if I see TARGET PRICE on the screen, they do not sell it. If I see CONFIGURATED PRICE, they have the car. I then assume cars like VOLVO, AUDI, BMW will not be sold by carsdirect.
  • For Phils60....$29,185? How'd you get a fully loaded 2.5T (geartronic,dolby,moonroof,sport package). I'd be interested to see how you did that at the dealer. That's like $8,000 less than the MSRP from the volvo website.
    Congrats! Enjoy!

Unfortunately, MSRP means nothing for volvos these days. Between dropping prices to near invoice and huge factory rebates ($4K on that 2.5T), they can be had cheap, cheap, cheap!

• Hi all,

We're about to buy a new S60 for my wife, and I'm a little confused about the information on the Edmunds site about the rebates available on this car. I would like to ask if anyone knows what is really available:

The incentives section shows the following:

- $1000 Factory cash rebate to customers
    - $1000 Marketing support to dealers
    - $3500 Marketing support to dealers

Are the $1000 and $3500 marketing support amounts additive, or does the $3500 replace the $1000 support? Also, is there really an additional $1000 factory cash to customers? Is there really $4500 - or $5500 - of rebate available on this car?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated - we want to buy the car this week, and like everyone else, want to spend as little as possible.

Thank you!

Nick
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Try asking Car_man over in our Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments discussion - I'll bet he can clarify this for you.

Good luck - let us know how it works out.
  • Thank you Pat! I've sent a note to Car Man!

Nick
  • Bought in Marietta, GA -Chris Volvo- Sept 03.
    2004 Model S60 2.5T A SR
    Ice White
    Suggested list price 29310
    Sport Package 795
    Premium package 2595
    Destination charge 685
    Total suggested retail 33385

I paid 29185. Only 4200 difference. After reading some of these postings it looks like I left 1000 or more on the table. Perhaps you are looking at one with more options?
  • Hey everyone. Just got these numbers(from the lease forum) for the S60R, these are good through the end of the month.

36 mo. 12k/yr. - .00041 money factor 55% residual
    48 mo. 12k/yr. - .00041 money factor 46% residual

or

lease through someone else and get $4500 in alernate finance lease cash.

When I was at the dealership on Saturday he thought I was making this up until I really pressed him on it. If you aren't being given these numbers, take a walk.

If anyone has bought an R in Colorado I would love to know what you paid.

Thanks.
  • Anybody out there using dedicated 17" winter tires (not all season) tires on an S60? I'm looking at buying an S60 2.5T with sport package that comes with the TETHYS 17" 235/45/R17 Pirelli P6 all season tires. I'm a little concerned about how they'll handle in the snow/ice. Granted I only live in Indianapolis but we do get a fair amount of winter weather. Heck, my neighborhood street is about 2" thick with ice for the past 3 weeks.

I'm wondering if I should stick with the 16" all season tires or do you think the 17" all season tires will be good enough for a central Indiana winter. One more thought would be to replace the wheels/tires to 16" for the winter but I don't really want to pay that much.
  • cmnottcmnott Posts: 200
    On my T5, I have steel wheels with 215/55r16 Michelin Arctic Alpins. I have the Thors rims with Dunlop SP8000s for summer which greatly improve summer fun.

The Michelins are amazing and pretty quiet for a winter tire. I think that you can get the 16s on rims for the price of 17s...go for the 16s. In fact, the size I have is the standard T5 tire.
  • my wife and i are considering the purchase of s60R and we have to drive in the snow in Western Maryland. So then, you are recommending separate 16" steel wheels with the Artic Alpins to change over to during the winter? The car comes with 17" rims and tires now.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    16"s won't fit on an R
    You'll have to go w/ the factory 17" alloy and snow tires. Your dealer will have an approved list.
  • cmnottcmnott Posts: 200
    Yeah, what volvomax said.

Still, the Michelins are amazing.