Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Diamante

Comments

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Did you turn off the car and open the driver's door? The headlights should automatically turn the lights off about 3 seconds after you open the driver's door. An alarm will also sound during this process.
  • tcole3tcole3 Posts: 10
    I will try your suggestion. I believe I did turn it off and shut the door and nothing happened, but will try again. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • tcole3tcole3 Posts: 10
    I tried your suggestion and it worked, the first time I had left the keys in the ignition. Thanks again
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Your welcome. Glad to be of some help. I knew that if my 93 Diamante and my 02 Lancer worked the same way, then your D should have the same feature.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    I got a flyer at the auto show for a new Diamante model. The Diamante VR-X. A sports model of the Diamante. Available in one color, red. Sports suspension, spoiler. Titanium color wheels (i think). Perf. lthr. steering wheel.

Anyone else see anything on this car?
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/diamante_sedan.html#

looks hot! why did i get the 2001? I didn't know this was coming! Now I'm stuck with a dowdy ES when I could have this thing!

make sure you click on the link for vr-x, too.

sorry.
    also click on the link for the VR. Its probably more likely the US spec VR-X will actually be closer to New Zealand's VR.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/Diamante/magnapics.html

from what i've seen this car will get a horsepower boost as well.

hmmmmmm not much interest......anyone visiting lately?
  • gtroopgtroop Posts: 85
    Has anyone installed poly bushings on their 92 - 96 Diamante? I am thinking of doing this to tighten things up a bit and eliminate some side to side sway. Any tips, opinions?
  • czibertczibert Posts: 38
    Hey all...was at the dealer today and saw a new VRX on the lot. They just had one and it is this sort of ugly (in my opinion) burnt red/orange color. Has Titanium trim inside in leiu of the plasti-wood, perforated leather seats and steering wheel in black (wish this color was available on regular D's). The wheels look good, but not sure if I like the big spoiler on the back. The door handles are blacked out too (I think they just omitted the silver strip in them). Didn't have a chance to thoroughly inspect, just had a couple of question about my '93 and had to get going. I did notice that the list price was only $28K, versus $29K for the LS in the show room.

Where did this model come from? Seems like no announcement and it just appeared out of nowhere.

Chris
  • vivonavivona Posts: 410
    I usually refer people to http://www.magauto.com/mitsubishi.htm as a place to buy genuine Mitsubishi OEM parts at wholesale. They have now added an online store. You can now look up a part and get the price even if you are just curious. Just click "Buy OE Parts Online Today"

If Magauto is out of the part, another dealer offering the same online service and the same prices is http://www.auto-parts-direct.com/mitsubishi.htm Just select the online Mitsubishi parts catalog.

Both sites use the same web site system. You use an Explorer-type interface to select parts and many parts provide you with an illustration. That can be handy even if you are just taking your Diamante apart for modifications.

Mark these sites for your future reference.

Mr. Vivona

check links on post 647 and 650......is the VR-x similar or different in any way to these pics of foreign models of Magna/Diamante?
  • Highway noise really bothers me. That's one of the reasons I bought my 94 Diamante?because it seemed quiet. But, I had no idea how quiet it actually was until I found a chart comparing cars from 92-93 model year. This is a link to a PDF containing a comparison chart of the Diamante to other high-end cars, including the "whisper quiet" Lexus ES. The Diamante appears to be the quietest car on the list at 67 dB, except for the BMW 7. Does anyone know where I can find updated information on interior noise levels of cars?

Click on this link and search for "diamante":

http://www.fra.dot.gov/pdf/rr_hornsys.pdf

Hey--

I checked the links, the VR-X does look like the VR from New Zealand. I wonder why it's not on the US website yet. The only difference I noticed was on the NZ model the silver strips were still on the door handles. The one I saw, the handles were all black.

Chris
  • stim02stim02 Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm looking at a '98 Diamante ES; this is one beguiling vehicle. I've test driven it twice now, and I believe I have a good feel for the car.

Here are a few questions, if anyone can help me out:

* The climate control display is odd; different is good, but I found it very difficult to read the display during the day (yes, the headlights were turned off). Is the display supposed to be this dim, or is there a problem with this particular car?

* I've heard some scary reports about Mitsubishi reliability. Specifically, can anyone offer some objective advice/experience regarding the '98 Diamante (i.e. anything to look for)?

Overall, I love the exterior styling, and the interior (despite a few cheap-plastic looking components) is acceptable. The car drove well (decent suspension, quiet, good radio), and I think it's a great alternative to the boring Accord and Camry.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
  • bizilabizila Posts: 1
    Hello. This is my first time on this discussion. I have a 1997 Diamante LS. I have two questions. Question 1: The in dash cd player displays "E-03" when I try and play a cd, any cd. The audio system is the Infinity with the the cd trunk changer. Changer works fine, indash does not read. Any one know what the code means? The second question is entry light timing when I open the doors. How do I adjust so the interior light stays on longer than 3 or 4 seconds? Thank you!
    Stim,

The '98 would be a good choice in a used sedan. I agree about the Camry and Accord, both are far too bland for my tastes.

I have a '93 ES, and have had minor problems. Going strong with 148K miles and just drove (a week ago I got back) from Phoenix to Seattle with no problems. I haven't heard of any major reliability problems with regards to the Diamante, so not sure where you got your info.

As far as the climate control goes, the display on '97 and new Diamante's is hard to read and has been critcized in about every review written about the car. Just something you will have to live with... Just make sure it blows cold air and you should be OK.

Hope this helps,

Chris
    Not sure about the CD problems (sounds like the dealer could give an easy answer)... As far as the light goes, I don't believe the delay is adjustable...sorry.

Maybe a techy like Vivona could shed more light on it.

Best,

Chris