Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus HS 250h Lease Questions

Comments

• gap4jasongap4jason Posts: 52
    car_man

what about those with Tier 2 credit 3 yrs/10K miles? What MF should we expect? I'm in Los Angeles. Is .00195 about right? Also what residual value?

My wife and I are considering a Base HS250h- no NAV.

Thanks!
  • gap4jasongap4jason Posts: 52
    Car man and kyfdx - hope you can shed some advise here. You've helped me in the past, and it's time again to lease a new car. I'm in So Cal - Los Angeles.

Looking at a 2010 HS250h (no NAV)
    MSRP $36,470
    Invoice is 33,639
    Selling Price $32,839 ($800 under invoice)

Tier 2 Credit
    Money factor is .00195.
    Residual for 36 months 10k miles 62% of MSRP or $22,611.

Drive off/Down $2000
    Lexus to issue a check to BMW to pay off my last 2 month of lease (approx $950)
    The remainder of the down covers 1st monthly payment, tax, registration

Monthly payment $420 + tax (8.25%) = $454

Can you please tell me if there's anything else I can do to negotiate?

THANKS!!!
  • sal2010sal2010 Posts: 1
    Hello,

I would be interested to find out the following for Northern Virginia/Washington DC metro area:
    1) Which dealer is easiest to deal with.
    2) Residual Value and Money factor for 10K, 12K, and 15 K lease for 36 months.
    3) Which dealer has most inventory
    4) What sale price is realistic (500 or 1000 below invoice etc..)
    5) Any experiences on prices paid etc..
  • moolmanmoolman Posts: 122
    Thanks Car_Man,
    Your lease rate advise was very informative, you helped me 3 years ago when I leased then and it helped greatly leasing now.

HS250, I paid invoice +TDA ($561), the TDA is the regional ad fee, if you read edmunds and other website, this supposedly is a legit fee imposed on Lexus and Toyota cars, obviously, it is negotiable, just like anything, but when dealers speak of invoice, most of the time, they mean the invoice you see on edmunds, plus the ad fee, which varies by region.

So Invoice +TDA minus $1500, minus $1000 loyalty bonus, I own a different Lexus.

To quantify my purchase because others claim to buy at a certain price and then get ripped off on the trade in, extended warranty, etc.

I bought nothing extra, no trade in, no warranty, no lojack, no paint protection nothing. I leased the car, paid $700 for the acquisition fee. Tier1+ credit just like Car_man said 0.0015 with 61% residual for the 12K.

The price I got was very common in NoCal, bear in mind that this car just isn't selling well here. I think its not selling well in general everywhere.

If you have questions, just post.
  • dmgoodmandmgoodman Posts: 10
    Car_Man,

Didn't pull the trigger in May.

Do you have the MF, residuals, any lease incentives for this HS250 for June?

Interested in 12k, 36 months, California.

Thanks.
  • kozak79kozak79 Posts: 4
    I got HS250h with Premium Package, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and 18 inch Rims.

MSRP was $41,XXX (I forget exactly)
    Invoice was $37,360
    Cap Reduction $0
    Drive Off Amount $2200 (Taxes, Fees, Plates, etc...)
    Monthly $423

I think it's a pretty good deal. Have not seen anything better.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gap4jason. Here's Lexus Financial Services' money factors for the 2010 HS 250h for several credit tiers to give you and others an idea of how they vary:

Tier 1+ (720+): .00150
    Tier 1 (719-690): .00160
    Tier 2 (689-670): .00195
    Tier 3 (669-650): .00265
    Tier 4 (649-630): .00315
    Tier 5 (629-610): .00395
    Tier 6 (609-580): .00455
    Tier 7 (579-520): .00575

LFS' June residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 250h with 10,000 miles per year is 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey gap4jason. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Also, I see that you are considering getting out of your current lease two months early to lease a new HS. While Lexus appears to be making your final two payments for you, in reality it is hurting your ability to negotiate the best possible deal on your new car. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait a month or two to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sal2010. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 250h with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

LFS' residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher. Its 10k residual is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • moolmanmoolman Posts: 122
    Carman and gap4jason,

I also took advantage of the Lexus early lease termination deal. I don't think it hurts your ability to get a good deal. I posted my deal above. You can cross shop dealers since you can lease or buy from any dealer to get the early termination. Also, nothing says you have to buy now. You can always wait until the end of the lease. I actually thought I got a better deal because I wasn't in a rush to buy a new car. I still had 6 months left on my lease, so if I didn't strike a deal, no biggie, I still got 6 months.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    Has anyone leased or bought a Lexus HS 250H on the stop-sale list and been unable to actually take possession of it because of the latest recalls? If so, please send an email to karen@edmunds.com.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• ooopsijooopsij Posts: 1
    Can you post a August MF for Lexus HS250
  • Car_Man
    Seems that this forum doesn't get very much attention.
    Anyway I'm looking at the hs250 or comparing to the is250 for my daughter and am interested in what's going on right now during the 'Golden Oppotunity"
    Sales info how aggresive are they on this particular vehicle and the Lease Factors with a 36 month, 15,000 miles, top tier.
    gwarrenfl
  • mythmyth Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Looking to lease a HS250h, can you post the current residual and money factor from LFS?

Thanks.
  • Ooopsij, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 HS 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey gwarrenfl. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings myth. I just posted the information that you're looking for in post #58.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I am looking to lease a 2010 HS 250H in San Diego, California. The MSRP is $38,695, invoice, $35,477 and the internet price is $33,577.

My credit score is close to 800 so tier 1 credit. It is a 36-month lease and want 15,000 annual miles. They quoted drive off costs of $1,046, money factor of 1.75 and monthly pament around $480.

How can I get a better deal? Should I wait for a 2011 model?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • Hello from San Diego,

Got my new car tonight. GREAT DEAL! Very happy.

24-month lease, 15,000 annual miles, $500 per month payment inclusive of taxes and fees, and the residual is $24,3700. They gave me $3K more on my 2006 Porsche Cayenne S trade in than Carmax.

Really happy with this buying experience. Will look for a new car in 2 years! Yippie.