It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
2008 Tribeca Quirks and mechanical issues
1. clanking noise in the transmission when I put it in reverse on a slight incline. The dealership said to monitor the problem because we still have warranty left. Because I imported the vehicle I would have to pay the $6,000 to change the transmission and then get reimbursed from the US. This alone is reason enough to dump it.
2. Faint beeping noise when ever I reach just over 100Km an hour or 60 Miles an hour. It's a short faint beep but it drives me crazy. Does anyone else experience this? Subaru said they never heard of such a beep???
3. Break light goes on when I'm accelerating around a right turn to get on a highway. It goes off 5 seconds later.
4. The front dash rattles in the far right corner. I had the windshield replaced and I think they must have busted clip that holds the dash in place in that far corner. It's a really annoying.
5. Just the other day I was driving it for about an hour on the highway and then went into the city. I was going around a corner and I started to hear a whistle sound that varied in intensity. I shut off the radio and the heating system and it still persisted. I stopped and opened up the hood and couldn't hear anything. For some reason I could only hear the whistling in the cabin. I shut the vehicle off and the whistling continued for approx 5 minutes and then I need to leave for an appointment. It hasn't happened sense.
6. When I slowly accelerate up a hill going about 40-60 miles an hour the car chugs. After some research I thought it could be the torque converter that is mentioned on this site. I took it to the dealer and they said they could get it to replicate the issue. The recommended keeping an eye on it because its covered under warranty for awhile yet.
I've had the stabilizers replaced in the back to get rid of the lift gate rattle. I've had the bushings replaced in the front to get rid of the rattle when I go over average bumps you get in city driving. My 10 year old Honda Accord is tighter than the 2008 Tribeca.
I love the all wheel drive but all these quirks and mechanical issues are crazy. Likely I imported the car when the CDN $ was strong and only paid $33,000 CDN all in. There is NO WAY I would pay the $46,000 plus delivery and taxes ($52,000) CDN for the vehicle from a CDN dealership. This brand is grossly over priced in canada.