Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata 2005 and earlier

1138139140141142144»

Comments

• paterick i have a 01 4cyl. sonata with 189000 m. on it and it has been a great car. to buy one that has been taken care of i dont think u can go wrong. the power issue is if u are going to drag race it dont buy it , if you are close to sane it should do u real good . mine still gets 25-27 mpg on a lond trip and it can get out of its own way. if u can find a v6 mod rl i would go that way but dont be concerned about the 4cyls. om min e i have had to replace both rear wheel bearing packs at 95000. the mech. said that was alittle early but no problems since. be sure when u buy a front wheel drive car have the cv joint boots inspected that they have NO tears because they hold grease for those cv joints, no grease the joints go bad and its 2-300$ per side to fix. so yes i highly recomend hyundais and i am a GM guy. good luck and happy car hunting.
  • ubonnyubonny Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    Good Day!

I have 2003 hyundai sonata, my key get damaged and my keyless entry key has no sound, I would like to change the keyless entry system with sound, I mean I am going to change factory system? could you please let me know if it is safe to do so?

Thanks in advance,
    Joseph.
  • So I just purchased a 2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS and everything has been working as it should. The car is about to have 160,000 miles but is still running great. Today I noticed that my hi-beam was still on when I got out of my car. I toggled it a few times and if finally submitted and turned off (oh I also only have one hi-beam working). Also the headlights do not even seem bright while on normal and driving. So I have been outside working on it and I noticed that my AC unit lights stay on with my bright lights. But when I turn my AC knob past 0 and keep it on 1,2,3, or 4 then I cant turn off my bright lights (key is still out of ignition) I also can turn on my high beams while car is off by turning my AC knob clockwise to the numbers 1,2,3, or 4. It seems to be a short but I have no clue if this is something that happens when one bright light is burnt out or if a relay has gone bad. Any thoughts on this please help me? Thanks for reading. :confuse: