Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry 2006 and earlier

Comments

• nw1997nw1997 Posts: 227
    Alpha01,

In a way I am very pleased that the 04 SE V6 that my wife and I were going crazy over did not go through. After reading so many posts about the vehicle pulling, it just turned me off from the Camry line. Our Honda has been running excellent, Honda put alot of thought into this vehicle.
  • dekesterdekester Posts: 322
    Our '03 LE V6 has variable-adjust intermittent wipers....

Deke
  • my 02 Camry LE has speeds High and Low and anything in between. Now our '96 Rav has only slow , med and fast...nothing in between...a real pain in the but!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    L-I-S-T-E-N

The entire Camry line- since the 2002 Model Year-has VARIABLE INTERMITTENT WIPERS standard. Meaning, within the maximum parameters, you can adjust the speed of the intermittent function.

nw1997- Everything seems to happen for a reason, doesn't it? Perhaps you did luck out. I personally wouldnt hesitate to purchase an 04 SE V6, and I still prefer the car to a similarly equipped Accord. That said, the Accord is an OUTSTANDING vehicle, and I prefer most of the Accord 4 cylinder line to the Camry's competing models. (The Camry SE 4 vs. Accord EX 4 is a toss up though). Congratulations and I hope you have many many trouble free miles!

~alpha
  • I preferred the Camry over the Accord for several reasons. I thought that the Camry drove smoother and was quieter albeit not by a large margin. I also thought that the Camry was larger inside and I love that fact that the Camry has a 60/40 split rear seat (which I have had to use several times already) instead of the tiny center pass through that you get on the Accord. IMO both these vehicles are the sweet spot in the family sedan market and you would have to spend thousands more to get an equivalent luxury family sedan.
    Well said. Your posts on this board (and the Accord thread where I am much more of an "observer") are informative, well thought out, and enjoyable. Thanks.

~alpha
  • Well if you've seen the GM cross over vans with their nose jobs here a thought - give cars the same nose job!
    Hmmn. What the hell are you talking about?

~alpha
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hmmm again - why would we want to talk about crossover vans here in the Camry sedans discussion?

Let's don't and say we did - and then move on. :-)
  • Thanks for that post. I try. What do you think about Toyota coming out with a hybrid Camry?
  • I need to put new struts on my daughters 1995 Camry. I was told that I need to know if it was built in Japan or the U.S. to get the right ones.
    They said you find out by the beginning of the VIN number, if it's a 1 or 2 it was built in the U.S. or Canada and a J means Japan. My VIN starts out with 4T1SK12E4Su5...... so I don't know where it was built. Could someone please help me out?. Thanks
  • No problem. Your Camry was built in the U.S. at the Kentucky plant. Canada does not build the Camry, only the Camry Solara from model year 1999-2003.
  • Why are Camry 5 speeds so hard to come by? It seems like the Accords sell 25% 5 speeds, and Camrys only 1%. Is that right?
  • are you talking about manual shift 5 speed?
    all the new v6 camry has 5 speed now.
    sell nowhere near 25% manuals. Still, Camry manuals are less popular than Accords, and I'd guess that less than 5% of all Camrys sold per model year are 5Ms.

~alpha
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    I'd say that their are more manual Accords sold than Camry because Honda appeals more to the enthusiast crowd that enjoys driving - perhaps the reason the Accords ride stiffer and transmit more noise. Hondas are always described as having a good, enjoyable driving experience. In general, Toyota appeals more to the general population (driving is a chore, and they want comfort more than the driving experience). I believe this is why the Accord sells more manuals than the Camry. Also, this is why the Honda sites in Edmunds are more popular than Toyota, even though Toyota sells more - Edmunds attracts more enthusiasts than the normal population. Just my opinion, of course!
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,426
    The manual tranny is available in dx lx and ex trim for the Accord. On the Camry the manual is only available on the bottom of the line model (was ce - now that is the le). Believe it or not some people want features and a manual tranny, and are not just looking to skimp on everything.
  • Correction. The manual tranny can be had on the SE 4cyl model as well.
  • ztulztul Posts: 3
    I own a 2001 4 cylinder Camry.. Dealer says that rear wheel brakes HAVE TO be manualy adjusted by hand.. I thought that all rear wheel brakes were now self adjusting. Dealer wants 80 dollars for normal brake checking and the adjustment.. I have no problems with the brakes. Please advise..Ed
  • petlpetl Posts: 610
    Sounds like a brake service job. I have it done every 1-1/2 to 2 years. It improves the effectiveness of the brakes and (in my oponion) prolongs the life of the breaks.