Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry 2006 and earlier

Comments

• jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    ...that's what competition is all about, but to anyone who has driven both and has a modicum of sensitivity about the differences, the ride quality of either the Max or the I3x is decidedly firmer than the Camry, and even firmer than the slightly more brittle Accord. People who buy these cars obviously don't mind, but I would...all depends on what you want. Our '01 Accord V6 has about the firmest ride I want to live with on a daily basis...the Nissan twins as alternatives don't cut it for me, though the Altima seems to be better [according to the magazines...I'll withhold judgment until I try one myself].
  • trinhatrinha Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've had the 2001 Camry LE since a month ago. I found a conflicting info about the way the A/C works in the Owner's Manual and what the car actually does.
    When I turn the air flow selector to defogging position, with the fan in non-off position, the A/C comes on automatically even though the A/C button is OFF and no green light on the button. There's no way that I can turn the A/C off, because the A/C button is already OFF.
    According to the manual, I should be able to turn on or off the A/C in this particular selection.
    Any one has the same problem?
    May be the owner manual is out of date?
    I'd appreciate any feedback.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    The whole point is for the AC to pull moisture out of the air in the defog situation...you set the temp you want and let it do what it's supposed to do...why do you want to turn the compressor off under this circumstance?
  • mirthmirth Posts: 1,212
    I don't own a Camry, but I suspect all you have to do to turn off the A/C is turn the temp knob up.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    wifey and I went to test drive a SE/V6 with Nav. We found the power more than enough, handling is excellent, the radio is very good and the interior finish is very good. For those who are interested in the car, you should check with www.cardirect.com. I priced out a fully loaded SE/V6 this morning and they are selling the car about $1350 above invoice regardless of the option level (msrp $30564, invoice $27182, price $28532). Give it try and see how much are they selling their car in your area.
  • filodfilod Posts: 189
    The 02 Camry is now on line at Toyota site

Exterior, interior, colors, specs and most of the things we want to know

The MSRP are just guides as most of us are aware. The actual price we pay for any vehicle also depends a lot on how good we do our homework. Sales people may not be the best resource in finding what a car will offer and what the price is.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Fiery's right, there are some good discounts already in SoCal. I don't know what you'd gain by going to Infiniti.
  • ken135ken135 Posts: 10
    "there are some good discounts already in SoCal"
    How much is "good" in SoCal ?
    Here in Texas, $1,000 off MSRP, but it is still around $1,500 over invoice.
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Pricing for the 2002 Altima has been announced today. It seriously undercuts the top trim levels of the '02 Toyota Camry....

http://www.autonews.com/html/main/stories0827/nissan829.htm

• azstanazstan Posts: 74
    Sure are no deals around here. In Phoenix one dealer is ADDING $2500 to MSRP. Two dealers here are somewhat less than pleasant to do business with. My first time considering buying a car in AZ...so maybe would be worth the trip to CA to buy a Camry there. I know 2 people who have gone to CA to buy Avalons. Also, wife is on my neck to take her to Sea World again. Please keep me posted on CA prices.
    Thanks.
  • qwallsqwalls Posts: 406
    A fully loaded Altima SE is $29,000, and that doesn't include NAV. Also, the materials aren't as good as in the Camry. The Altima may steal a few sales on the low end, but not on the high end.
    Altima SE base price - $23,149, dest - $540, ABS - $749, Leather & wood package ($1549, BOSE stereo - $899, Sunroof - $849, Spoiler - $399, mats - $79, HID lights - $499, traction control - $299, microfilter - $49.
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Where are you getting those Altima prices from???
  • qwallsqwalls Posts: 406
    From the window sticker of one I looked at yesterday. Germain Nissan in Columbus, OH.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    About the best I've seen is $900 over invoice on a six, and $500 over on a four.
  • tgif888tgif888 Posts: 351
    Full loaded Altima at $29000. Go buy an I30L, it only cost $27K-$28K.
  • ravvie4meravvie4me Posts: 110
    Should calm down in less than a couple of months when all of the 2001s are gone off the lots and the dealer has ample supply of 2002 Camrys. Then after that Toyota will go through their usual sales month after month.
    If you can wait, there should be no need for "state jumping" to find a better deal on the Camry, including the upper level models.

-RAVvie4me
  • taurus2taurus2 Posts: 63
    Heck a Altima for 29K i'd rather get the Maxima over that little car.
  • just got back from toyota. offered a 2001 le
    for 18900. would you consider this a fair price
    at this time of year? Thanks for your help.
  • As a new, first time Camry owner,I was wondering if anyone could provide a little insight into a problem I may or may not be having. The 2001 LE/V6 seems to be a wonderful car with a smooth and incredibly responsive engine, but the "smart" transmission is giving me a little trouble. Is it normal for the transmission to constantly adjust itself even when cruising at speeds in excess of 60 mph? This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that I'm concerned. The service dept. at my dealership maintains that this is the way the car drives, but I don't altogether trust them. Has anyone else noticed this? The RPM gauge will flutter, and you can feel the car subtly gear down, even when you are well past fourth gear. Overdrive is on and cruise control is not, so neither of these features can be responsible. A friend of mine suggested that perhaps the coolant was low and the compressor was cycling too high. Once again, the dealership says there is no problem. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced a similar situation, and if, in fact, this is the normal performance of the Camry. Thanks tw
  • taurus2taurus2 Posts: 63
    This is really random, but the new Toyota Camry commerical sucks. It just shows a picture of the car and says Toyota. If I didn't know it was a Camry I would have no clue what car it is. Thats bad advertising on Toyotas part.