Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti I30/I35

Comments

• THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR RESPONSES. INFINITI HAS YET TO TAKE CARE OF THE SITUATION SO I HAVE CERTIFIED MAILED THEM THIER LAST CHANCE TO FIX THE CAR (ISNT 4 PRIOR ATTEMPTS ENOUGH). AND IM STARTING THE ARBITRATION PROCESS MONDAY. WE WILL SEE IF INFINITI'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALL THAT THEY SAY IT IS. BESIDES ISNT THAT PART OF WHAT YOU PAY FOR.IT SHOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE THE OUTCOME.
  • Its called the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience. im sure you and scarlett7 are one of the few that have had major problems though...
  • I just bought it last thursday, 9/7/2000, and I love it. It's the new Royal Ruby Red color with the graphite interior, Luxury model--simply gorgeous. It has the Xenon lights, which are awesome. I've researched this car for 3 weeks now and have contacted 7 dealers in the Northern California/Bay Area. Over 3 hours at the dealer and some intense negotiating, I think I got a great deal at $28,485 +T&L. It lists for $30,600. At the other 6 dealers, I was quoted $28,350 at the low end to $29,200 at the high end for the same car, BUT, without the Xenon lights, which are worth $500. My trade in for my 94 Intrepid was okay, and got them to go up a few more bucks in the end, but I'm glad to dump it, because it's slowly falling apart and just don't trust it anymore. The dealer was Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, and they're good people, with an overall good experience for my wife and I. The gas tank was full, the car spotless, and they said to come back in a week or two and they'll wash the car and fill the tank up again!! I found one little paint touch-up around the front drivers fender, but it's hard to detect unless your super close to it. I wonder if that was done at the factory or if it was chipped during shipping, in which the dealer touched it up.

The pluses in 2 days driving it: strong engine, smooth and quiet ride; super comfy; lots of storage space; sun shade oh so cool; overall great looks. The leather CD/manual holders was an added surprise, along with a choice of one of 10 gifts worth about $500-600 (even though they say $1000 values in the radio ads). We'll get the Sharp Hi8 camcorder. Those Vegas/Chicago/NY trips don't include air fare. One night at a luxury hotel in New York City, you pay to get out there? I don't think so!

The negatives, and they're minor: the stereo is good, but the FM could sound better--I may upgrade the receiver and adda 12 disc changer; no engine light; trunk hinges will hit luggage; no 2nd visor for side sun blockage.

Anyone out there tweak their sound system for overall better sound and FM? I've always had very good sound sysytem, and the after market stuff is a notch up from the Bose.
  • Has anyone had the transmission control module(TCM) replaced on their 2000 I30? There is alot of talk about it on the Maxima forum, and there is a TSB for the TCM for the Maxima and the I30.

Anyone have it replaced?
  • Has anyone had the transmission control module(TCM) replaced on their 2000 I30? There is alot of talk about it on the Maxima forum, and there is a TSB for the TCM for the Maxima and the I30.

Anyone have it replaced?
  • Not sure about recourse, but call a lawyer right away. I think you have three business days to get out of car contracts...but i'm not sure. Don't put any miles on car if you can in the meantime. Good luck!

By the way, which dealership did this? It wouldn't hurt for the rest of us to avoid them.
  • hey cool rims on that austrlian maxima. i like the beige saets with black dash combo too.
  • I don't know how far Baton Rouge is from Dallas or Melbourne Fla., but there are a lot of better deals out there. I-30L with mud flaps only option, it does have sunroof, was being advertised in paper for $26,999. No miles at all on cars, 20 available at Grubbs Infinity. phankins@grubbs.com. The I-30t was being offered for $1500 more I think...Another Infinity to check is in Melbourne,Fla. but I forgot the name. There should be plenty of archived references to them. One last place to try might be www.infinityofnashville.com . These have all been mentioned before as being very fair.

Good luck.
  • I forgot to mention the salesperson's name at the Nashville store was Neil Hayes. He was said to be real reliable. If you want to look at other comments look at topic 1730 "Deals on I30 Luxury"

Good luck!
  • I just went down to test drive an I30T this past weekend, but as soon as I sat in the car and placed my left foot on the foot rest, the parking brake pedal cuts into my ankle. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm 6'6" and had plenty of head and legroom. I would think any one with the seat pulled forward would be hit too. The parking brake pedal is only about 6" up from the foot rest. The only thing I could think of is the parking brake was on, in the showroom and out in the lot also?

The car was gorgeous, but not comfortable enough to take it for a test drive.
  • The dealer that did this to me was Crest Auto Group in Plano, TX. I have contacted my lawyer, written a 7 page letter to the owner of Crest, as well as the BBB. Oh, I copied my credit union and my lawyer. I have spent way more than the additional $508.81 on this, but it is the principal behind this and it should not go unnoticed. I really think they owe me a refund of $508.81. Law says you can return the car, but I love the car and a deal was a deal. I shouldn't have to return the car. Besides, they have my trade.
  • the parking brake was probably engaged. if your 6'6 and looking for a car to fit you try the aurora without a sunroof. ive been talking to guys in that forum who are 6'8 and comfy in that car.
  • I just picked it up loaded with every option it drives awesome. The GPS system is really cool also. I just wish there were some little extras like maybe power lumbar in both seats, a telescoping steering wheel would also be nice but I guess you can't have everything. Great car though
  • My mint-conditioned 95 Camry was just totaled by a speeding 18 year-old and I need to replace it. Have owned 3 Toyotas in a row and would like to try out the Infiniti I30. But I don't have the luxury of picking out my dream model and need to buy whats in stock. I need a reputable dealer in the Brooklyn, New York area and some idea on what others have paid in this area. I'm looking at the luxury model with heated seats as an added option. Help is needed quickly, so I hope to hear from happy owners soon
  • Scarlett, I would stop payment on that check and let the dealer take you to court. In nearly every state you can stop payment on a check for a good reason. Fraud is a good reason.

A judge would find the whole situation very interesting and I'd imagine, at the worst, he'd make you pay the face value of the check. More likely he'd laugh the dealer out of the courtroom. Either way you don't really have much to lose. It is also quite possible that the dealer would just drop the matter. If you stop payment on the check the whole situation becomes their headache instead of yours.

On another subject, I've had the TCM replaced on my 2000 I30. It made a huge difference in the shifts from first to second gears. I haven't noticed any other significant change.
  • plinaplina Posts: 33
    I bought my 2000 I30T in may from kings Infiniti in Neptune avenue in Brooklyn I got a great deal from them. Like I said before I got the I30T fully loaded with sports package, heated seats,traction and CD changer for $30,700 so give them a try I got it from charles marks and he was ok.If you go personally try a young guy I forgot his name but he's really cool specially if you are a Met fan they threw in the in cabin microfilter for free so give them a chance.
    www.kingsinfiniti.com please let me know how you did and tell them that Pete with the Mets license plate sent you.
  • I just wanted to thank everyone who posted the information about the Nissan TSB concerning the Transmission Control Module. I went to my Infiniti service department and complained about the sluggish transmission, slow response from 1st to 2nd gear, etc. The service advisor didn't know about the TCM problem, but told me that he would look into it for me. After researching the bulletin, he ordered the appropriate parts and in about 3 days I brought the car in for the work. I picked up the car the next day and boy it was worth inquiring about. I am very happy with the results. The difference is like day and night. My dealer is Infiniti of Scottsdale, Arizona and I would like to give them kudos for quickly resolving this problem. I urge everyone to inquire about this with their dealer. My service advisor said that he heard that all I30's would have the TCM replaced. I also had the in cabin AC filter installed and there is a huge difference in air quality. Dust particles have been reduced greatly. Hope this helps someone.
  • I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. At least you like the car, though!
  • Thanks for the lead on Kings Infiniti, Pete. My husband and I will be visiting with them today and , yes, we are die-hard Met fans. Nice win last night. Finally, someone woke those guys up!. I let you know how we do. We plan to negotiate with the dealers invoice in hand, since that is what we did when we purchase our last car. We paid only $300.00 above dealer invoice. Every little bit helps. Thanks for your quick response & I'll keep you posted
  • I just purchased a 2000 I30 and the dealer's bill (pre-printed) included "Messenger Fee - $55 and Clerical Fee - $95" Total $150. I objected to no avail and was told all Infiniti dealers charge this. Is this true. Please advise. I intend to write to Infiniti and complain.
  • I just bought a 2000 I30 and my dealer did me wrong on a tax mistake they made, but I looked through the paperwork and couldn't find any charges like you describe. If you want to hear a real nightmare story read Scarletts Nightmare. I had real jerks.....but I love the car and love the ride. I have taken everything off the car that had the dealers name on it whatso ever. Great car!
  • plinaplina Posts: 33
    Those are bogus fees and never paid for such a thing. Please give us the name of the dealership so we could warn all potential shoppers also call Infiniti but I do not believe that they could do anything. I would have refused to pay for that and if they did not agree I would have refused to buy the car I bet that they would have dropped those fees.
  • My dad had no such fees either. If your looking for a good Infiniti dealer in the Buffalo, NY area, then check out Autoplace Infiniti in Clarence.
  • did taking the names off leave any damage, like holes or adhesive? or were they just license plate frames? If it left holes, and you win your battle, id make the dealer patch up those holes.
  • Sorry about the spelling errors..
  • I truly am sold on the software package - Expert Lease Pro for windows. I think it cost me $80.00 but it allows you to do all your homework if you are trying to make a decision on to lease or buy a vehicle. If you are looking for a car, DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE SIGNING. Get the dealer to quote you a purchase price for the car, tax, title, license fee and if you are leasing get him to tell you the MRSP on what the residual is based on, the money factor they are using, and the residual amount as well as the percent. Plug it in and your numbers should come up exactly like there numbers do. I ended up purchasing the Infiniti because after running the numbers based on his information I was coming up about $20.00 different, and 51% residual versus 54% that he said he was giving me.

For more information regarding this software package see: www.autoleasingsoftware.com

By the way, it runs numbers all ways, lease, lease purchase, loan etc.

Hey, maybe I should do a commercial for them! Good luck.
    Scarlett7
  • If anyone wants to send me $80 (heck, I'll take $40), I'll make you a spreadsheet that will do the same thing. All you'll have to do is drop in the numbers! Line starts at the left!
  • After reading all your posts, I was confused about what exactly happened. At first your posts made seem that the dealer tried to add a "bogus" charge of extra sales tax. The more I read, the more it seemed that the dealer made a mistake in computing the amount of sales tax (especially your comment about jumping on the price because it was so good). Was the correct amount of sales tax the $749 or 1,749 figure?

If the dealer made a mistake and originally wrote the wrong amount of sales tax their offer to pick up half the mistake was a gesture of good will not an attempt to screw you. Remember you negotiated the price of the *car* and not the amount of sales tax--that amount is prescribed by state law and is non-negotiable.

If it was a bogus charge, I wish you well in putting the screws to them.
  • I am considering buying a 2001 I30 or an 2001 Acura TL and am leaning toward the I30 as memory seats and interior size are important to me. However, I am a little concerned about the long term reliability of the I30. I intend to keep this car for 7-8 years and put perhaps 150,000 or more miles on it. I know of several people who have had Acuras (especially legends) last that long. I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with long term reliability of the Infiniti cars.

Thanks,

-Krishnaj
  • I'm really curious. We've driven EVERYthing in the entry-level luxury sedan genre and I just cannot get over my feelings that the I30 is just a dressed up Maxima. I'm not slamming the I30...we really enjoyed the ride/drive and the features. But my next door neighbor has a brand new I30 AND a brand new Maxima and when I can see both of them at the same angle and the tail lights/nameplates are not visible, I SWEAR they look like exactly the same car. Can anyone clear this up for me? And if they ARE 2 separate body styles then WHY did Nissan make them look so similar?