Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL

Comments

• nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    For what it is worth, a booth attendant at the Columbus Auto show described the new RL as looking like longer and wider Acura TL.
  • prattsterprattster Posts: 59
    You first need to upload to imagestation.com, real easy to set up an account. Right click on the image then select "Properties." In the properties window, you'll see the address starting with "http." Select it, and copy the address.

To post the image here type [img src=your URL] but use < > in place of the brackets [ ]. Now lets see this puppy!
  • dunmicdunmic Posts: 4
    Can someone please tell him how to post a pic in the forum? I can't wait to see it.
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    If you can't figure out how to post the pic here, feel free to email it to me if you get a chance. Perhaps someone else in here with an imagestation account will volunteer to have it emailed to them so they can post it?

Thanks! :))))
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    looks nice! That's the first glimpse I've gotten of this car in any shape or form -- you'd think they were developing military secrets over at Acura or something!

To me the car in that pic has nice lines, and it does seem to fit into the "larger TL" category people have been speculating about.. we'll see. I know this sounds strange, but my initial impression was that it looked "audi-ish". Now I wonder, when is Acura gonna feed me some official pics?!

Thanks mason11!
  • l943973l943973 Posts: 197
    Here is what VTEC.net is posting about the RL
    ----------------------------------
    "Soon after I posted the news item regarding the latest buzz on upcoming products, I received a bit more information on expected changes for the 2005 Acura RL. Here's an updated summary:

300HP 3.5L V-6

AWD (VTM4)

Aluminum body parts, including hood, roof, trunklid

Sized larger than 5-series/E-class, but smaller than 7-series/S-class. Perhaps to be positioned against Lexus GS or Infiniti M45.

"Smartkey" for door, ignition, and trunk

Sportshift with steering wheel mounted "paddle" controls

Adaptive headlights (move with the steering)

Adaptive cruise control

Power rear seats

"Stunning" interior

We've also received the following information regarding the available colors and accessories:

Exterior Colors: Desert Mist, Deep Blue, Meteor Silver, Ruby Royal Red, Medium Silver, Silver Metallic, Premium White,
    Graphite Pearl, Nighthawk Black.

Interior Colors: Black, Grey, Beige.

Available Accessories: All Season mats front and rear, trunk net and tray, wood steering wheel and shift knob, back up sensors, gold emblems, door visors, nose mask, color matched splash gaurds, rear deck lid spoiler, +1 chrome look wheels, and A-SPEC (wheels, tires +1, suspension, and deck lid spoiler). "
  • l943973l943973 Posts: 197
    So I guess our joke about seeing an RL Type-S isn't so far off if they are offering an RL A-SPEC
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    Do I see a little VW Phaeton in the posted image?
  • dunmicdunmic Posts: 4
    Thanks Mason

The car looks nice. It reminds me the current audi A8 with a taste of TL.

By any chance, can you tell which Chinese auto magazine having this pic
  • prattsterprattster Posts: 59
    Yeah, I'm seeing A8 in the front fender area but also the current RL grill theme there. Is this the real deal or a computer generated rendering?

Looks like it's gonna be a much sportier car then the current one, which is great.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I think we can probably expect a slightly different grill, as that one is designed to fit in with the Honda nameplate overseas.

I don't think we should draw too many conclusions from that rendering. Using color and pen strokes an artist can make otherwise bland shapes and lines look a good deal more interesting.

p.s. Thanks Mason!
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    04 TSX and 04 TL mixing their Acura styling routes and putting a little Euro styling theme into their current crop of cars. I don't have a complaint, it seems to be working well.
    I agree with you on the Acura line. They've done a good job of taking the "angles and planes" common on Japanese cars and blending them with the higher belt line and short trunk that has become popular with euro cars.

I just wish Honda cars were as consistent.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    look nice. On the specs sheet, I really have to wonder why Acura is offering three different silvers.
  • aciampiaciampi Posts: 66
    After reading what to expect for the new RL, i'm a little sorry that I bought my 04 TL. From that picture it looks great and I love the upgraded engine and technology.

And just my opinion but if they connect the headlights to the grill it looks like the result of a TL and the Infiniti M45
  • mason11mason11 Posts: 7
    The image of the new Honda Legend was taken from a photo on Auto Express (A Chinese magazine I bought in Hong Kong). That is the photo taken when it was sent to Germany for testing in Jan.
    Seems like Honda's flagship will be a V6, 3.5L AWD as suggested on the specs sheet.
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 590
    But doesn't it look like one of the many computer mixed fakes that a lot of the car mags seem to peddle??

ksso
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 590
    couple of years ago, those specs and pics coulda made somebody salivate over the RL... but unlike the TL, the RL is not an established model line anymore and honestly I think Acura has a big misfire on hand in the 45-50 K small market if they think anybody is going to give a big deal about the specs which seem to have leaked out. The TL and its competitor market is huge in size, the RL/LS/GS market is much smaller and image often drives the market far more than pure value or pure specs. The only way to dent that is to completely absolutely overwhelm by specs, and these RL specs just don't shake anybody's feet or bones. If the VTM 4 is NOT with advanced powertrains like a hybrid, its over.

sadly, ksso
    Yeah, I have to agree with Ksoman on that. Based on the little bit that we have seen thus far, I don't think this RL is going to create the splash that Acura needs. It looks like a perfectly good car for the $40-50K price range. It may even be a bargain at that price. But what the RL needs is to leap ahead of the competition, not just be a nice alternative to it.

Okay, that said, what I'm reading thus far does look a lot more like a "Legend" kind of car, rather than the stodgy RL that replaced it.