Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple question, will you buy a Toyota in the future?

13»

Comments

• ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    Owned a 2005 Toyota, not a basic trim. I thought the overall build quality was suspect. I was not pleased with the vehicle. I traded it a couple of years later for a Honda. The differences were remarkable. The Honda build quality is far superior. I also own a 2008 Scion. The build quality is also suspect. I have test driven several Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, and Hyundai vehicles in the last year or so. In my opinion, all surpass Toyota in build quality. I would never buy another Toyota product and I tend to steer everyone who asks to look elsewhere.
  • Buying cars from other countrys cause everybody taxes here to increase
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,075
    ...no plans to buy one in the future and that includes Lexus and Scion.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    I remain convinced that you, lemko, would really enjoy a Lexus LS sedan to drive. You should test drive one just to see! ;-)

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    If they have the car that meets my budget and needs, then yes.
  • michaellmichaell Posts: 4,300
    ...might be considered former Toyota loyalists. They've owned a '73 Corona, a '83 Celica H/B and a '91 Camry.

When they were shopping for their latest new car back in 2003, they were about ready to pull the trigger on another Camry. That is, until my dad spotted the Hyundai Sonata. They purchased a V6 GLS model for less money than a 4-cyl Camry LE.

7 years later, the Sonata has less than 30K on the clock and looks and runs like it's brand new.

Given that my folks are in their 70's, I'd say it's unlikely that they'll be buying a Toyota (or any other brand, for that matter).
  • After my last purchase, a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE, I would have to say no. Not so much for the quality of the vehicle, but more so because of the rubbish tires the Corolla comes with. With a $19K sticker price one would think that the car would come with tires that last longer than 6K miles, but the garbage Good Year Integrity tires wear out in a few thousand miles.

If Toyota goes cheap on the tires, what else did they go cheap on?
  • berriberri Posts: 4,008
    If Toyota goes cheap on the tires, what else did they go cheap on?

Corolla - take a look at all the posts about the rotten Toyo tires on the $40K+ Highlander Limited. I've been looking at crossovers and while Toyota comes with these cheapie tires, the Explorer, Acadia and Enclave all come with a decent Michelin ride. Sometimes I think all the old D3 brass have moved over to Toyota because they seem to be practicing what wrecked Detroit. All they've really accomplished is making themselves have to better compete on sales price - no more quality premium like the old days. Tokyo can have morons in charge too!
13»