Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    eddieraseddieras Member Posts: 49
    thats way high - i just paid (monday) $27,996 for an xle with option 3 (dvd, heated leather etc), tow package, fog lights/deicer, alloy wheel, mats, cargo net and first aid kit. only thing above that was tax and title.
  • Options
    seattlemomseattlemom Member Posts: 6
    I am at Bellevue, WA (seattle area).
    Now, it's 0% financing (36,48,60 months) or $1500 cash back..
    good enough to jump in?
    or when the 2010 model comes, there will be more incentive for 2009 model?
  • Options
    fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    0% financing is what I've been waiting for; is this exclusive in the Seattle area, or is this offered across the nation?
  • Options
    seattlemomseattlemom Member Posts: 6
    don't know.. just saw this on my local dealer's website.. you can check your local dealer
  • Options
    chicago area its 2009 Sienna $1000 Rebate or 2.9 x 36, 3.9 x 48, and 4.9 x 60 months
  • Options
    steved192steved192 Member Posts: 21
    I thought it seemed really high. Thanks for your help.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    Unlike the Honda Odyssey - the Siennas can be challenging to figure out the invoice due to the plethora of options that are available...That said you can always visit a dealer lot on a Sunday, & check the window sticker; it'll give you all the options, & cost on the vehicle...From there you can then check here, or Kelly Blue Book to get an idea what the invoice might be.

If you think your getting the run-around then just go to a rival dealer.
  • Options
    twdragontwdragon Member Posts: 3
    Good afternoon, me and my wife got 2 questions about the van that we are about to buy. We hope that you guys can help us on it.

We am trying to buy a sienna le 8 passenger van. We got an offer of $28,700 for
    Sienna LE 8 passenger
    Leather
    Evp #2(QF)
    Night Vision(GC)
    Carpet Mat Set(CF)
    Aluminum Wheel Upgrade(A1)

With financing.

Now, I think we can get another $600 out of them. Don't know for sure.
    1. Do you guys think this is a good deal?
    2. Also, if we are going to pay it with Cash instead of financing, Do you think if that'll make a different in price?

Thanks.
  • Options
    i don't think that's a great deal - see my post - we got an XLE with option 3 (dvd, heated leather) alloy wheels, tow package, deicer/ fog lights, mats, cargo net for less than your quote - 27996.
    also - was the financing thru the dealer - they make $ on that end too so paying cash would not help in that scenario - it'd probably hurt you. negotiate the price first - independent of financing.
    my dealer tried to hit me with a $200 'window etching' (for security) fee - i told them that i didn't ask for that and they immediately removed it. no questions - libertyville toyota chicago area
  • Options
    eddieras- did the price of $27900 include the $1000 rebate?
  • Options
    I confronted the manager about the discrepancy and of course I didn't get the answer I wanted. We are trying to get an XLE- no DVD player, running boards, or anything extra. Edmunds says that people are paying $28000 plus $1000 incentive, so $27000. She says $28900 is the best she can do, which I think is BS. I'm thinking about telling them that unless they want to go to $28000 plus incentive, we're done dealing with them.

My husband isn't working with me on this and I think that maybe the fact that I am a young woman doing this on my own is playing a part. I'm frusturated and irritated right now.
  • Options
    hi - yes my price of $27996 includes the $1000 rebate - keep in mind all the extras on my car included in that price. So the quote you received at $28,900 without the extras seems very high.. .where are you located?

you can also configure a car at http://driveyourdream.com and see what prices come up there.
  • Options
    I lived in Austin Texas. The qoute that I got is actually after tax. It is the "drive out" price. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
  • Options
    what's your tax rate? ours was just over $30,000 out the door- at just over 7% tax
  • Options
    I am just north of Austin.
  • Options
    I believe Texas, the tax rate is 6.25%
  • Options
    I just wanted to let you know that I got an offer for $28400 on an XLE today...and other dealers are saying they can beat that. So unless the other dealership wants to play ball, I guess we're done with them. I'll KUP.

Anybody know how much TT&L typically adds on? I know it depends on tax rate....
  • Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Also unlike the Honda Odyssey, the Toyota Sienna does not hold resale value. :sick:
  • Options
    hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    Right now nothing is holding resale value, even Lexus. When we traded our high mileage 04 Sienna we got a good amount for it. I think the Sienna hold's its resale value just fine.
  • Options
    bhoward99bhoward99 Member Posts: 27
    I beg to differ.In the down economy, people are not buying new cars, they are buying used.
  • Options
    mike_fremontmike_fremont Member Posts: 1
    Did you buy the extended warranty from MOLLETOYOTA? or somewhere else? Either way, would appreciate if you could give the contact of the person you spoke to and the amount paid for the extended warranty.

Best Regards
    Mike in Fremont
  • Options
    stewpidasostewpidaso Member Posts: 45
    We kinda ran into the same problem dealers here mainly stock le w/ pkg#2 which doesn't include alloy wheels, cllimate control & somethin else forget. Wanted a base XLE w/ no package, didn't want leather. They simply arn't anywhere to be found in dealerships. Ended up buying Honda odyssey ex OTD 4 $26,500 which had alloys, climate control & somethin else forgot. haha. Toyota kept trying to compare the le w/ pkg#2 to hondas ex. which is more comparable to xle base no options. The honda was simply a better deal 4 us & toyota wouldn't budge anyfurther.
  • Options
    kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    I believe most people who are shopping minivan between Sienna and Odyssey will find that Honda has better deal right now. Honda has $2500 cash off to dealer and 2.9% financing. I can get Odyssey EX for $26300 OTD at Houston area from several dealers, but Sienna with less features (i.e. LE with pkg#2 power sliding door, no alloy wheel) cost about the same. Also I find the Odyssey roomier than Sienna and Sienna's door/interior felt cheap.
  • Options
    brendatbrendat Member Posts: 2
    I spoke with a dealer (in IL) today, and with all the incentives they are asking for 27941.00. I looked at the car and it is the Demonstration car with 5660 miles. Can any one recommend how much the dealer should lower the price for technically a used car? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    jms8090jms8090 Member Posts: 30
    Now this is interesting. The deal you are referring to at least in my neck of the woods includes either 0%/36 months or $1500 incentive. But, when you are in my boat, I think that comparing the XLE w/ pkg 4 (DVD/NAV) offers more than the Honda EXL DVD/NAV for a bit less money on the sticker. I'm not comparing to the LE at all. From what it looks like, Sienna has a trip computer (Honda does not) and a back-up sonar system (need the Touring on Honda) plus a few other features that make me like the Sienna better for just a few dollars better in the end. There is only one thing that gives me pause on Sienna: The crash safety rating for rear collision. The Honda is 5* all around, yet the Sienna in rated lower for the rear collision, where my kids would be spending quite a bit of time. So, anyone compare the XLE w/ Pkg 4 vs. Honda EXL NAV/DVD?
  • Options
    that's high. just bought xle, opt 3, tow, deicer/fog, mats for $27996-- for brand new. libertyville IL
  • Options
    We test drove a 2009 Ody EX-L today (MSRP $33,825) and then a 2009 Sienna XLE (MSRP $33,448). Toyota has a VERY confusing option list: Toyota puts a bloated price on the packages, and then gives an "Option Discount" so the Toyota dealer claimed the XLE MSRP was actually $ 35,882.

Price after discount: Ody EX-L $28,105. Sienna XLE $ 31,448. Toyota dealer offered $ 13,000 trade in for 2006 Sienna LE with 28,000 miles while Honda offered $11,900.

Trade difference: Ody EX-L $16,205 - Sienna XLE $18,448.

Sienna advantage: Slightly higher HP rating, Largest cargo area behind 3rd row, more 2nd row leg room, better selector P-R-N-D-4-3-2-L, overhead console with compass/temperature, trip computer.

Odyssey advantage: Better fuel economy with VCM, Seating for 8 when needed, more comfortable seats for ALL passengers, better quality leather, better placement of cruise controls, better instrument cluster to avoid glare.

The Odyssey corners MUCH better than the Sienna and was just as quiet on the highway. The Sienna "floats" on the road and feels unstable (both the 2006 LE and 2009 XLE). My wife and I think the light colored FAKE wood plastered all over the Sienna is UGLY and the 2009 XLE interior is NOT as attractive as our 2006 Sienna LE.

However, we feel the Sienna LE has a more attractive cloth interior than the Odyssey EX cloth. After closely examining Sienna and Odyssey, I can understand why some prefer the Sienna while we prefer the Odyssey. :shades:
  • Options
    samhedgesamhedge Member Posts: 3
    I have 2009 Sienna LE. After going through several articles on the web, I managed to program the homelink garage opener to work with my garage doors.

What I have been noticing is that the homelink would not work once in a while. i.e it will act as if it has not been programmed. This is risky because I might be left outside the house if I don't have the front door keys.

Anyone suggestions how I can fix this?
  • Options
    If traded in on a 2009 Odyssey EX-L, Honda dealer offered $ 11,900 for 2006 Sienna LE 28,000 miles.

If traded in on a 2009 Sienna XLE, Toyota dealer offered $ 13,000 for the same 2006 Sienna LE.

Trade difference for Ody EX-L (MSRP $ 33,825) is $ 16,205. ;)

Trade difference for Sienna XLE (MSRP $ 33,448) is $ 18,448 :sick:

With a Toyota, you pay more and get less.
  • Options
    cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    You may brag about Honda's 2nd row jump seat but my 8-seater Sienna offers comfortable seating for everyone, more passenger and cargo room and, oh, unmatched powertrain... I don't really care how much I spent (actually it was pretty much even with the Odyssey in 2008) or the 2K difference at trade-in but my local Honda dealers are scum, so it wasn't really an option.

EDIT: 2006 Sienna LEs suck - crappy engine, drum brakes, and no traction or stability control. I'm glad I waited :) I'm sorry you're stuck with it :P
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You paid a bit more for yours than most people, prices had dropped by the time I got my 07. In fact buying an 06 just before the 07s came out would have been best, as far as timing is concerned.

You've been complaining since the day you bought it so it's time to cut your losses and sell the darn thing. Seriously, life's too short to be unhappy all the time.

Dealers offer you less than wholesale, i.e. they look at what they'll get at auction, deduct a bit to leave padding just in case, and offer you that lowball.

If you don't want a low ball offer, don't go to a dealer for a wholesale trade!

Sell if yourself and you'll probably get $16-18k.

In case you haven't noticed the van market is shrinking and everyone wants a crossover. It's a buyer's market for minvans, not a seller's market.
  • Options
    ricsanderricsander Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a Sienna LE 2006-2007 from original owner in NY or NJ. Are you in any of these states?. Thanks
  • Options
    Offer him $13,500. :D

Actually, you should both head over to the RWTIV thread and get a real-world price.
  • Options
    cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    Try to get the 2007 model if you can - it has a much better engine.

2006s are not worth anything (13K if you get lucky) at trade-in ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, 07s are worth about $5 grand more and worth every penny. :D
  • Options
    siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    True that!
  • Options
    ivmmivmm Member Posts: 2
    Hello Rolz,
    Could you tell me which dealer it is? I am in NYC, looking for a sienna 09 deal.
    Thanks
  • Options
    hydeanglehydeangle Member Posts: 2
    I've received a few quotes in the past week and would definitely appreciate some feedback. What would a reasonable counter offer be, or do these seem fair as is? Thank you in advance!

Sienna LE-8
    16" Alloy
    Daytime Running Lights
    EVP # 3
    $24,640 (this includes the $1000 rebate, and a $100 processing fee)

Sienna LE-7
    16" Alloy
    Daytime Running Lights
    EVP # 3
    $25,150 (this includes the $1000 rebate, and a $100 processing fee)
  • Options
    NOT much better for 2007 Sienna LE. Just check with KBB or quit bad mouthing me every time I post. :sick:

Why do Sienna owners get mad when another Sienna owner believes the Sienna and ALL Toyotas are overpriced and overhyped by Consumer Reports? :confuse:
  • Options
    ivmmivmm Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I saw several good 2009 sienna deals made in NJ dealers. 2009 LE around 24000. Can anybody share the name of the dealers?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    You can't go by KBB, dealers sure don't. Toyota's are not overhyped. I just don't believe you own a Sienna and are that unhappy. Most unhappy owners would have ditched their car/van long ago. We are repeat Sienna owners because they are awesome vans, the best in our opinion. Oh and they are not overpriced. You can actually get an LE Sienna for the same price as a equally equipped 09 Town&Country LX.
  • Options
    KBB is THE book the local Toyota and Honda dealers use to establish Trade-In value in connection with auto auctions.

Comparison kbb trade in values as of 4/13/2009 for a Sienna LE in "GOOD" condition with same options and same 28,000 miles:

2006 Sienna LE $ 12,475
    2007 Sienna LE $ 14,250

This $ 1775 is DRASTICALLY less than the $ 5,000 difference between a 2006 and a 2007 a Toyota lover posted earlier in this forum. :shades:

BTW, the VIN for my 2006 Toyota Sienna LE is 5TDZA23C46S389088
  • Options
    You can NOT buy a Sienna LE equipped as a Chrysler T&C LX because THE most important comfort feature "Separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger" is NOT an option on the Sienna LE. Toyota is too greedy to offer this option on the CE or LE.

In fairness, my 2006 Sienna LE has a more comfortable driver's seat, more attractive front door panels, nicer cloth seats, more power (with same fuel economy), more cargo space behind the 3rd row seats than the T&C LX ( 2002 or 2009) but the Toyota Sienna LE is NOT as quiet on the highway as was my 2002 Chrysler T&C LX. The 2nd row seats of my 06 Sienna LE are NOT as comfortable as the 2nd row Quad seats of my 2002 T&C LX. The Sienna AM radio reception is NOT as good in southern Nevada and the Mojave Desert of southern California as was the T&C AM radio.

I would buy another Sienna LE if Toyota offered an optional separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger AT THE SAME COST as the $ 995 it costs on a 2009 GC SE. I would even consider buying a 2009 Sienna XLE if a white 2009 Sienna XLE with NO extra options were on the lot of our local dealers - even though my wife and I think the fake plastic wood inside the XLE is UGLY.

I do NOT hate the Sienna - I am just very disappointed with it after owning a 2002 Chrysler T&C LX that had more features we like and also cost less. :shades:

As identified by others, I paid TOO much for my Sienna because Toyota offered a $ 1,000 incentive (bribe) to sell 2006 Siennas shortly after I got mine and offered bigger incentives at various times since January 3, 2006. (But Chrysler also offered even bigger incentives many times).
  • Options
    No, we live in the Rocky Mountain area of the United States. ;)
  • Options
    tjefftjeff Member Posts: 6
    Do Toyota Sienna buyers know that by buying a foreign vehicle, they contribute to the trade deficit? The trade deficit adds to the federal bludget deficit, since the difference between what we import from Japan (a lot) and export to Japan (very little), is finance by selling treasury bills. We pay $Billions to Japan in debt service.

Thanks for adding to my tax bill, and thanks for helping make the U.S. a debtor nation. There are many things to consider when buying a vehicle that are more important than the false sense of superiority that comes with a Toyota.

I'll only buy American.
  • Options
    greytautumngreytautumn Member Posts: 38
    Vans that are made in Indiana (where 4500 people are employed by Toyota alone) with parts made in the US by American workers with suppliers in the Midwest. Lots of suppliers in Kentucky if you drive along I64 from Louisville to Lexington- they generally feed the Georgetown plant.

My mother lives outside of Lexington, KY and Toyota is a massive part of the local economy there. From the local suppliers to the Georgetown plant itself. They pay excellent wages to Americans and have been very good to the local economies that they have touched.

US Automakers have really not invested of late in domestic production- but that's beginning to return somewhat to idle plants. They moved a lot of work to Canada and Mexico, and it's generally not coming back.

So what's a Domestic car?

A car assembled of mostly US made parts in the US or a car made of mostly non-us content made outside of the US, badged as an American car?

My Volkswagen was made in Mexico of mostly Mexican and Brazilian parts. There's very little 'German' in it except for design.

BTW, Ford and GM are building some really great cars these days- in a number of ways superior to the foreign names. However I'm not going to buy a Dodge minivan- I just don't like them. BTW, your Dodge van is built in Canada. Chrysler closed the St. Louis plant that used to make them.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    Let's stick to Sienna Prices Paid, please..

If you aren't shopping for a Sienna, or interested in buying a Sienna, surf around and find another discussion...

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The 8 seater is cheaper? Unless you reversed the prices go for the LE8 because it actually costs more.
  • Options
    KBB is THE book the local Toyota and Honda dealers use to establish Trade-In value in connection with auto auctions.

Wrong.

Dealers use the NADA Black Book for reference, not KBB. KBB values are usually grossly inflated.

I suggest the Real-World Trade-in Values thread here on Edmunds. Volvomax is a dealer and goes to a lot of auctions and will report back on what prices are actually being paid for used models by dealers at auctions.

Those real-world values are much more useful than KBB values, which are pretty much useless, and used only by sellers looking to inflate car values so they can say "For Sale for $500 below Kelley Blue Book".

KBB is useless, seriously. To quote volvomax, "I could care less" what KBB values are.

Here is a link for you to that thread: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9c851/37460

PS The $5000 joke was just that, a joke, hence the Emotorcons ;) . Lighten up. For someone who dishes out a ton of criticism you don't seem to take criticism (even jokingly) very well.
  • Options
    A 2007 Sienna LE has also depreciated RAPIDLY.

Admit the truth: a 2007 Sienna LE also has a pathetic trade in value...just $ 1775 more than the lower powered 2006 Sienna LE.

The quoted selling price of a NEW 2009 Sienna XLE with MSRP $ 33,448 at the closest local Toyota dealer is $31,448 as quoted Saturday April 11, 2009.

Add the difference between the $ 13,000 trade in offer for my 2006 Sienna LE with 28,000 miles and the $11,900 trade in offer from the Honda dealer, and the price of a NEW 2009 Sienna XLE MSRP $ 33,448 would be $30,448 which is still MUCH higher than the $ 28,105 for a BETTER Honda Odyssey EX-L. ;)