Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jelhz43njelhz43n Posts: 44
    Beer47,
    For zip code 08817
    2002 Toyota Sienna
    CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
    What is
    TMV?
    Invoice MSRP TMV
    $21,514 $23,905 $21,834
    Destination Charge $480 $480 $480
    Total
    (w/o Options) $21,994 $24,385 $22,314

So it looks like a good deal IMO but check it out whether there is any rebate existing or no first and then recalculate it.
  • mdg2002mdg2002 Posts: 1
    paid 25592.00 for LE with LE Extra valuepackage, passenger power sliding door, towing option, upgraded JBL music system, leather and videoentertainment system here in Atlanta.
  • frank72frank72 Posts: 1
    Since we used Edmund's often while reseaching our purchase, I thought we should contribute our "2 cents". We bought a 2002 Sienna CE Black Walnut pearl($21,514) with FE($0),TO ($128),HV($681),EF ($38)=$22,361 plus $6 fuel fee,$510 delivery fee, and $412 advert. fee called TDA. Total invoice=$23,289, $25,390 list price. Selling price was $23,269 "threw-in" cargo net, full tank of gas. We got a $1500 rebate thru Toyota. We paid $279.50 doc. fee, $1606.84 for taxes and license plate. No trade-in. "out the door price"=$23,655.34 at Covington Pike Toyota, Memphis. Tennessee
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,826
    2003 Toyota Sienna

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• vvgvvg Posts: 10
    Anyone buy a Sienna online in the Boston area? So far, we've dealt with Ira Toyota in Danvers and Atlantic Toyota in Lynn. Both say, "Come on in for a test drive, we have plenty of vehicles in stock," but don't quote prices. We're comparing the Sienna to the Mazda MPV, and Wellesley Mazda cut right to the chase, offering anything in stock for !% over invoice, less the $2,000 rebate. Carsdirect lists a $1,250 rebate for a Sienna LE, is that correct? Edmunds seems to have lost their ability to gather this information, as they list no incentives for Mazda or Toyota.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,826
    Our incentives page shows a $1,000 customer cash allowance in the Boston area (or low interest rates if you are financing - can't combine the incentives). We don't show anything for Mazda in your area.

Here's the link. Good luck hunting!.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• krao1597krao1597 Posts: 1
    When you buy a vehicle worth 28000, that too from Toyota who having a reputation for great build quality as I understand, what I got was a real thumbs down.

The frame is so pathetic you can see the moulding projetions all over, as if those japanese engineers were on tha 5 minute vacation and didnt care much about it.

I bought the vehicle from a dealer in San diego and happenned to buy it during the night. Thanks to the law in california I couldnt return it for what I saw about the build quality.

so that makes me wonder , what did I pay for. Never again with Toyota for sure. My advise to you...dont buy a vhicale in the night.
  • I've spoken with a couple of dealerships in the Northeast and they tell me that the $1300 rebate is only good for the 2002 models. Of course, they mostly have the 2003's on the lots. Does anyone know whether Toyota will honor the rebate for the 2003s?

Thanks!
  • On the West Coast, Toyota was offering a $1,000 cash rebate or special 0% financing on 2002 Siennas through 7-31-02. I wasn't going to pressured to buy over a $1,000 rebate and figured as the 2003s are rolling out, pricing should start to get better. Today, one of the dealers I visited called to say the rebate was extended on the 2002 models. No surprises there--all the competitors are extending their offers. I asked about a promo on the 2003 and was told Toyota was offering a $500 cash rebate. However, when I spoke to another dealer regarding an internet quote, he was unaware of any rebate on the 2003 models. He quoted the same price for a Symphony edition on both model years, less the $1,000 off the 2002. When I said that wasn't good enough, after all, I was factoring in depreciation on the 2002 model, he offered another $200 off his quote.
  • beer47beer47 Posts: 185
    Last sales day in June. Silver Symphony w/
    FE,TO,AJ, BE, SP,Z2, DK.
    Sticker 30842
    Value Pkg discount 2000
    So far 28842
    negotiated price 26094

96 Bonneville trade 3200 (car had 120K!)
    Tax 1373
    Title/Regis. 158
    Rebate 1250
    out the door 23175
    Not as good as the person in Atlanta I read about here but for the North East, not bad. The van is so smooth it is boring! But that is testament to how well it is screwed together. I also negotiated lifetime oil change. I'll let the Toyota dealer use OEM filters, proper oil, his techs, factory intervals and let his computer system document it all. Any sludge problems will be their problems. This negotiation point was key to me, more important than the extra couple hundred that I could have attained in protracted negotiations. If the sludge thing is real I suggest you all do the same if you can attain it.
  • made lots of phone calls and went to a couple of dealerships this weekend. From this information, I learned the following: 2003 Rebate for August - no cash at all - only lower financing rates - not zero, but like 2.9% for 36 if I recall correctly. So, if you want the 2003 and are going to pay for it w/o financing, then no rebate for you. You'll have to wait until at least September. As for me, I want the 2003, so I'll reluctantly pull the trigger.
  • Paid $26,045 for a 2002 symphony edition w/ 0% financing for three years at Fitzgerald's in Gaithersburg MD. They also gave me oil change loaner car package. 2003 was about $700 more but financing was at 3.9% for same period. Savings on the 2002 was about $2,200, which on trade could be a wash (2002 will be worth less)but went with the immediate savings. Also, no difference in 2003 vs 2002.
  • manamalmanamal Posts: 434
    That is my exact minivan. I paid 26200 - 1000 rebate, or 25200 for a 2002 Sienna. Oh well....
  • I would like to buy a sienna by September, does anybody know if there is any difference between 02 and 03 sienna? They have some hot fix with the engine problem with 03 model?
    Also, any difference between CE+HV(ce extra value package) and the base LE? Maybe the Rear window auto or manual open?
    Thanks.
    Jason
  • dorene2dorene2 Posts: 28
    I wish we could find an '02 for the rebate, but we had a hard enough time locatingan '03 LE with luxury package or Symphony package. There's only about $700 difference between the two packages. We are going to talk with the internet associate tomorrow regarding each of these cars. She quoted me LE w/ extra value package, bumper protector, auto pass sliding door, center console, and tow prep for: $25329 plus tax and plates. She quoted me Symphont for: $26016. What do you think? Should I take a chance and wait for possible rebate Sept. 1st? I's hate to lose the car. HELP!!!!
  • bnoonebnoone Posts: 1
    Picked up my wives '03 CE with the HX package (Extra Value Package w/ captains chairs) last week. Walked in and the salesman offered me invoice (supposedly) at $23127, looked around and it seemed like a good deal. Have had great luck with it for the first week and the wife just loves it for transporting the kids.
    Hope this helps someone out there.
  • Okay, I know this topic has been knocked around a bit, but now that it's September and all the current incentives (financing 4.9%/60 months) end on September 3rd. Has anyone heard what or if they will be offering anything for 2003's after September 3rd??? I was hoping for maybe cash back or better financing or possibly reduced prices via Carsdirect.com pricing? I have a Symphony coming in the second week of September and was hoping to have some new bargaining power on the price.
  • I got a great deal on a 2002 Sienna Symphony 2 weeks ago here in Southern Calif. Sticker price was $30,360 less 2,000 msrp discount = $28,360.00.
    It was on sale for $23,988 plus tax and licensing, minus $1,000 rebate. It has TO, AJ, BE, EF, and SK on top of the Symphony option!
  • Good for you!!! I couldn't find a 2002 Symphony anywhere within a 200 mile radius in Western New York! I wish I could have! Enjoy! BTW What color did you get?
  • I got the micah sand (beige). The ad in the paper stated "1 at this price" (net $22,988). I would have bought any color for that price. It's actually a very nice neutral color. I am enjoying my Symphony. What do you have?
  • I'm going to look at this van in a few days, asking price is $14,700. Seems fair for SF prices. 67,400 miles, leather seats, power everything. Does this seem like a good price? Any advise?

thanks
    Dana
  • You really got great deal. Just know this forum. I think this is a great message board. I bought my 2002 symphony July 25 in Philadelphia area for $24200. Added option including side airbag, pass side power sliding door, Towing package, cargo net and bumper protector. Hope this still helpful. Really love the car, quite ride and just the right size for my home garage.
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    There are rebates in the southeast region until September 9th. It drops to $1000.00 cash back after the 9th.
  • Aw maaaaannnnn! Why do I have to live in the Northeast?????

BTW We just got a call that our 2003 Lunar Mist Symphony just arrived. We are going to check it out early next week. Let you know what happens. MAybe I can try to work out a rebate! : )
  • Update: I just did a price check of the 2003 Sienna at Carsdirect.com (As I do every few days thanks to my obessive compulsive nature) and lo and behold a $500 cash back block comes up! According to my zip code it runs until 9/30/02!!! Surprise! Surprise! I would like to see if my sales rep would bring it up to me or not when we go to check it out this week.
    Moral: Don't stop trying to save money!!!
  • I just bought a silver 2003 Sienna CE with the HX package (all the power goodies plus 2nd row captain's chairs) and EF (rear bumber protector).

I used a service here in MA (Mass Buying Power) which gives a fixed price for the Sienna: invoice + $200.

dealer invoice: 23229
    profit: 200
    doc/prep fee: 200
    rebate: -500

total: 23129

The dealer invoice (which they showed me) differs from what you see on various web sites by $333, which according to the dealer is some sort of regional ad fee which you can't get out of paying.

This model is almost exactly the same as as LE with the extra value package, but cost about $850 less. Biggest differences are power rear quarter windows, illuminated visor mirrors, illuminated entry system, and a tachometer. I can live without these for $850!

Total time in the dealer: about 45 minutes. No hassles, no pressure. Maybe I could have shaved a few hundred more off by playing the dealers against each other, but I hate playing that game.

Wellesley Toyota, Wellesley MA.
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,411
    How do the quarter windows in your CE operate? I'm looking at a very similar '03 here in MI, and I'm happy they've got one without that silly center console thing, so I'm tempted to just buy it.
    The Toyota web site lists "rear privacy glass with power-operated rear quarter windows", so I'm wondering why it's missing on your car. I don't think "power operated" is that big a deal, but it's kinda hard to reach from the driver's seat...
    Not having a Tac is just fine with me, but the speedo in the CE is the ugliest thing possible. Big, clunky, overdone. Gheez guys, are you trying to punish us for only buying the options we really want?
    BTW, what's with the walk-through? Americans don't seem to want it for some reasons, are we really all too fat to squeeze between the seats? With a small kid on a long trip, the "discipline aisle" is the bee's knees.
    TIA
    -Mathias
  • I bought an advertised car. 2003 sienna xle with luxury package.

32525 MSRP
    -5280 dealer discount
    - 750 rebate
    26495 total before tax,title,license,doc fee
  • The rear quarter windows pivot out from the front via a latch mechanism on the back. They only open about 2 inches max.

My previous minivan (Windstar) had power ones, we hardly ever used them so it wasn't a big deal not to have them.

I think on the Sienna they are not available at all on the CE no matter what options package you get, they are only available on LE and higher.

I agree that the blue speedo is a little strange, but I don't really focus on small cosmetic issues like that. After I drive a new car for a little while, I stop noticing those things, it doesn't even register any more.

My biggest gripe after having the car for a week is the quality on the floor mats and cargo mat. In the Windstar, the mats were very thick and rubber-backed and covered the *entire floor*, under the seats, by the doors, everything. The Sienna mats are thin, they cover only in between the seats and part of the cargo area (if you take out the rear seats, there is no mat protecting a large part of the floor), and the color doesn't exactly match the color of the interior carpeting.
  • Does anyone have insight into what incentives might be offered in November? In my region they are offering 1.5k on 2002's and 1k on 2003's until the end of October. I wonder if they will get better?