Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    itch1 - I am also looking for the same car, possible with LE package #1 or #7. I also tried your dealer and still no answer yet. Everyone here in MA wants MSRP. The same Herb Chambers in Boston won't do it below that. Most dealers don't have 8 seater incoming (late May to early June), but few XLEs are coming. Did you use the dealer's price quote or contact us feature?
  • blandfordmblandfordm Member Posts: 54
    In post 1352, I had said that after contacting 13 different Honda dealers and 13 different Toyota dealers within about 200 miles of Atlanta GA, I found the best deal at Pitts Toyota. However, at one point I accidently said Pitts Toyota was in Milledgeville. That was the mistake.

Pitts Toyota, the dealership and the salesman I ended up being so happy with, is in Dublin, GA.

Classic Toyota is in Milledgeville, GA. And based on my negative experience with them, I recommend avoiding them.
  • itch1itch1 Member Posts: 29
    I started with the New England Toyota dealers website, followed the link to the particular dealer's website and then used the contact us function. The three dealers that I was able to get down to slightly over invoice were Balise in Springfield, Herb Chambers in Auburn (not Boston), and Expressway in Dorchester.
  • tagitstagits Member Posts: 9
    Broncoguy: Thank you for the helpful information. I was glad to get some local data. I will call them, although I am mainly interested in an LE 7 passenger. I think it is better in terms of adults on long rides. Thanks again!

Anybody else have any information on dealers in the Minneapolis area?
  • tom217tom217 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am a first time minivan buyer. Did anybody recently purchase a XLE in the Seattle area? I would like to know a realistic price before calling the dealers. Also does anybody has concerns over leather? Are they more prone to damages and need more care? I like the leather but I am too lazy if it requries extra maintenance, plus I'm pretty sure my 2.5 year old is not going to co-operate.
    One more question, about the 2nd and 3rd row sun shade that is offered in option#3, can anybody explain what exactly it is? Thanks a bunch.
  • kgnw1kgnw1 Member Posts: 94
    The sun shade is a perforated black screen that pulls up from the bottom of the windows that attach to the top of the window. Much like the little sunshades you can buy at Toys-R-Us that attach to your windows with suction cups.

Look at the window on the sliding door on this picture:
    2004 Sienna | 2nd & 3rd Row Sunshades
    You can also email me about more details about the Seattle area for Toyota and Honda dealers. My email address is in my profile.
    I tried to e-mail you the contact info for salesman I worked with at Pitts Toyota in Dublin. I was having trouble with my e-mail yesterday and I guess it didn't go through. If you make your e-mail address public again, I'll send you the contact info.
  • datongdatong Member Posts: 4
    I've just picked up my XLE Limited with DVD installed. The dealer in North Carolina is excellent. It took me about 4 weeks in research and nego with different dealers in NC and turn out this dealer in Gastonia is the best. The saleman that I work with is very helpful and willing to find the exact model with options that I want. One thing that he help me to get rid of is the $699 Toyo Guard Protection Plan). I totally ends up getting $2000 under MSRP with the Hitch going to put in for free. I highly recommend this dealer and the particular saleman(I cannot give out the name on this formun). Email me if you want to know the saleman name.
    Thanks. I think I tried the Expressway Toyota and almost every Toyota dealers (Watertown, Clair, Ira, Weymouth, etc) in MA via internet feature. I don't recall anyone had contacted me. Well, 2 or 3 returned to me but with no 8-seater on the way.

BTW, what's preferred pk. Z1? I am looking for a LE 8-seater with either LE Package #1 or LE Package #7.

The first two dealers are far away from my area. I will try the Expressway again.
  • danjaecksdanjaecks Member Posts: 54
    I've got an LE 7 passenger on order w/ BW and floor mats for $700 over invoice. Total invoice is $25385 including Dest, TDA, Gas, Holdback, and "Whsl. Financial Reserve". My price = $26085 plus tax and title. No doc or handling.
    I've ordered from an auto broker in Denver, which is new to me, so I'm a little unsure that this will actually arrive in 3-4 weeks like he said, but we'll see. The dealer he ordered from is getting $500, the broker is getting $200, the dealer is paying transportation from AZ to Denver out of his $500 + holdback.
    Does anyone know what the "Wholesale Financial Reserve" is and who gets that money? ($242 in my case.) Just curious if that also winds up in the dealer pocket, since he doesn't have to finance a pre-sold vehicle. (Or maybe for just a few days till the checks clear.)
    Dan J
  • kaushik91kaushik91 Member Posts: 10
    Hi David....your price for 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE with option #16 is $34.5k. Does this price include tax, tag and title ?
    I have been offered an out of door price of $34k for 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE with option #14 and running board. Do you think this is a good deal? The dealer included ~ $500 for TDA in the invoice price. Is this price negotiable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The salesman from Expressway called within a couple of hours of me sending the email.

The Z1 package includes the cargo net, floor mats, first aid kit, and (I think) door sill protectors.

None of the dealers I spoke with had the 8 passenger "on the way". I just told them what I wanted (8 Passenger LE, Phantom Gray, LE #7, Z1, wireless headphones and hood protector) and what I would pay for the vehicle ($26350 including everything except MA sales tax and registration fees). They have to get the vehicle through allocation. There are currently 11 of these vehicles being made per month for the New England Toyota Dealers. It is up to the regional director to allocate these vehicles to the dealers. That is why I selected Herb Chambers over the others. I figured that the bigger dealer would get a preference during the allocation process. The internet dealer told me that the average wait has been 4-6 weeks.
  • momofthreemomofthree Member Posts: 35
    The Z1 package is an added port package I believe. It includes small things such as door sill protectors, floor mats, hood protector. I think a couple of other things, not sure at the top of my head. In the van that I am ordering, the dealership told me if I get this when the the van comes in, they will sell that part at cost.
      I was going to try to negotiate for these options anyways. Bennett Toyota in Allentown, Pa is my dealership that I have been working with and I have read good things so far about them.
      Since these packages are usually unavoidable, and you want the van on the spot, my suggestion is to get them to remove that cost or at least get them to sell that part for dealers cost.
    itch1 - Still waiting for any reply from several dealers. Only one or two dealers responded with few LEs (7-seater) and few XLEs on the way. It looks the current situation is dealer will contact the regional office (here is New England for MA, ME, NH, VT and RI) for allocation.

Well, I heard someone mentioned a small dealership will do much better job for allocation. They are hungry for more business. They will do whatever possible to get your vehicle. In the meanwhile, the big dealership has already sold as many vehicles they could like Corolla, Carmy or Highlander.

Z1 package - An added port package. That's why I thought. I think it can be purchased as an accessory at dealer.
    Another thing to consider:

According to their website, Herb Chambers of Auburn will deliver the car to your door if you live within 150 miles of them.

As far as the allocation goes, the way it was explained to me was the more cars that a dealer sells, the more cars it gets allocated. So if you go with a big high volume dealer, you have a better chance to get what you are looking for faster. That's was the line I got anyway - don't know how true it is.
    Thanks again. I will keep trying Herb Chambers in Auburn. It seem you are the only poster in MA who is looking for 8-seater and got a good deal. Anyway, I think what they mean door to door delivery is by driving your brand new car. My dealer did the same thing for my last car (Kia Sorento). It was only 3 miles from my house The salesman had to make several stops for direction to my car. And he didn't put any protective sheet or paper on the floor. And I had to take him back to dealer for the state inspection (dealer paid for it). How nice!
  • dparlerdparler Member Posts: 22
    I am looking for dealer/rep in Augusta, Ga area willing to go lesss than MSRP as I know exactly what I want, color and all. Can you e-mail me the Pitts Toyota salesperson you worked with ? My e-mail is listed under info. Also, how long did it take for delivery?
  • rarmvrarmv Member Posts: 6
    I've been reading these post for about 2 months now, thanks to everybody for the good info. I live in FL but cannot beat $1000 under msrp anywhere near Tampa. So I am currently on a wating list at Bennet Toyota in PA. If anyone knows of an XLE Limited with DVD at a dealer within 1000 miles of Tampa, I would really appreciate it if they could post the dealer name and city for me. BTW I first contacted them about 1 month ago and they were offering 2 1/2% over invoice. I fell it is worth the drive for that kind of money.
  • mmc8mmc8 Member Posts: 8
    rarmv:
    I just saw this post on the "other" Sienna club web site. Alabama is closer than PA! If you are not familiar with the other site - e-mail me and I can send you the link.

+++++

2004 SIENNA XLE LIMITED 7 PASSENGER - SALSA RED

CF20 Sunroof wind deflector
    CM10 Electrochromic mirror
    ED40 DVD Entertainment System w/RSA (roof)
    FEAT 50 State Emissions
    GVAT Limited #2
    HP20 (2) Wireless Headphones (req. RSA) PV70
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    What was the out the door pricing on this vehicle. I'm negotiating currently for the same vehicle. Out the door price with my 7% county sales tax is $35,085.

FYI - Z1 includes floormats, first aid kit, and cargo net.

Should I be paying Wholesale Financial Reserve?
  • caw13caw13 Member Posts: 2
    After e-mailing a variety of dealers in NC, decided to go with Patterson Toyota in Mt. Airy, NC who made a deal for 3% over invoice on an XLE with option pkg. 12. Biggest mistake I ever made. Essentially the salesman and the sales manager lied to me on multiple occasions, going so far as to give me an imaginary order form with a VIN # and shipping date. Approx. 2 days before the van was to be shipped I get a call from the salesman who says there is no XLE in the entire SE region with pkg. 12 being allocated in this shipment. To which I responded what difference does it make what was being allocated when you told me you ordered the van from the factory? After a long song and dance they tell me they have an XLE on the lot which they will sell me in lieu of the pseudo-ordered vehicle. As I do not want to get thrown off the board I will not repeat what I told them they could do with said van. Bottom line, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. And do not deal with Patterson Toyota in Mt. Airy NC-a bunch of liars from the sales manager on down. BTW, proud owner of a Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES 48 hours after all this occurred at $500 over invoice.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the Toyota dealership. Congrats on your Odyssey! You should take your van, drive to their lot to honk and waive!
  • datongdatong Member Posts: 4
    rarmv, try the Toyota of Gastonia in NC. I've posted mine and just picked up XLE Limited 2 days ago. Email me if you need the sales person name. He is the best in my experience.
    In question #1320, david mentioned that he was offered XLE with option 16 at 34.5K. I am not sure whether that includes tax, tag and title.
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    If anyone has purchased this vehicle. Can you give me the breakdown of what you paid for this vehicle.
    thanks for your helpful note. How can I contact you?
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    Check my profile.
  • ajsakoajsako Member Posts: 22
    I have been looking and looking, but so farwe have not ordered, nor taken delivery on a new Sienna, but would like to do it as soon as possible. I am looking for a 2004 Sienna XLE with the moonroof, leather, etc, I believe its called the #14 package. I am hoping for silver shadow with stone interior , but would consider beige, or the grey color if the price was low enough, as well as taking a #6 or #8 package.
    We want this vehicle for as little over invoice as possible, and the price given will determine whether we purchase this vehicle or another make of minivan which would be more affordable for us.

I am thinking about ordering with Bennett, but cannot get delivery until 3-4 months!!! We NEED to have this car in hands by the 12th of August, and four months would take us well over that date :+(

We are planning on putting approximately $10,000 down. Please let me know if you need further details from me.

We are in Ohio, but willing to drive up to 700 or so miles in order to meet our needs!
    Thanks!
    -April
    ajsako@earthlink.net
    $500 off MSRP. That's what Toyota of Wellsley can do on LE 8-seater with LE Package #1 or #7. It takes about 5 weeks. They properly order it from the regional manager. I haven't confirm with them yet. And I still got no answer from your dealer.

I think Toyota this time is not doing right (I can't say they screwed up) by offering too many trims (CE, LE, XLE and XLE Limited) and packages (#1 to #17 or more) plus options on one vehicle. And they are being built (shared with Sequoia) in one plant. It is pretty much like it is custom made and with no dealer inventory.
  • danjaecksdanjaecks Member Posts: 54
    lok888 - You've got to be a little patient. They just started producing these in February, a totally new car on a new assembly line. Personally, I am surprised at how fast they have ramped up production, they were already up to an annual rate of over 130,000 as of last week. Compare that to last year when they only sold something like 80,000.
    The problem is there is a pent up demand from the months when they were making few or none, and of course it's a better van than last years so they should easily sell more. Still, availability should improve (eventually) now that they're cranking them out.
    There are a lot of combinations, but that way you can get it the way you want.
  • dogmom2dogmom2 Member Posts: 44
    7 passenger within 500 miles of Atlanta?
  • siehsieh Member Posts: 10
    To Socal4, CindyM, jspownell, Thanks for info you guys post. I'm just wondering the invoice price you guys refer to is it from dealer or Edmuds? Does that include the Holdback fee? Did you pay for it? (How much that will be?).

Could you email me the name of internet sales manager you deal with?

After reading all the posts here, I am pretty much ready to talk to the dealer now!

Thanks for help!

Sieh
  • hislanderhislander Member Posts: 67
    Danjaeck, do you have any evident to back up your claim that you were surprised how fast TOY ramped up their production? 130K was what they plan to sell this year, not actual production at current rate....it was announced from day 1 with this number so I don't know how you claimed "how fast they ramped up production".....If you have any link to the current production, I would appreciate.
  • kmeadkmead Member Posts: 232
    This graph was created from public domain information on Autonews:

http://www.siennaclub.org/documents/ProdChart.gif
  • hislanderhislander Member Posts: 67
    Does it mean they have reached the capacity for selling 130K a year ( ~ 2.5K a week )? When they talked about 130K a year, do they mean car year or calendar year because the new Sienna started the '04 at least six months before normal time. If it means car year then they are still selling 80K a calendar year then. I have been waiting for the supply catch up with the demand but it seems like there is no van available on the lot for purchase let alone any thing less than MSRP. Even in Gulf States Toyota, they added stuff in the van cost more than $1K. It's disgusting to me....I could have bought the new Ody for invoice easily but my wife wanted to consider both and we can afford few month wait; so that's where we are at....Again, thanks for the link. I have been over the other site but I did not see the chart.
    We are in the same boat. I suspect Toyota is closing in on what the factory will be able to produce, @3000 a week which will give an annualized production of 156k vehicles. At the moment there is considerable pent up demand for something other than an Odyssey. As this year goes by we will see the introduction of the new Nissan in June/July, the new Ford/Mercury twins and of course the 04 Odyssey which will be just tweaks and updates. These will all take up some of the demand, and the initial demand for the Sienna will have been met and therefor prices and availability will ease. I suspect that by October, when all the various players are firmly established we will see alot of price competition as all the players are trying to increase their market share at DC's expense.

The mini van market has peaked and several manufacturers have doubled their production capacity, Toyota and Honda, and they want to sell that capacity.

Next year there will likely also be the new Mazda as well as a new Odyssey so the next two years will have an amazing variety of fresh products in a moribund market. In addition DC is working really hard on improved quality both at delivery and long term (they are really making strides in this area as all the service campaigns and so on is really eating into profit ability).

So, my advice is to stay the course and wait a bit for other introductions to reduce the pricing pressure.
    Keep in mind that Toyota has only built @20K Sienna's this year so far, and most of those have been in the last few weeks. There are a couple of dealers locally to me that have had a few on the lot for more than a week.

Up until recently my local Honda dealer has never had any Odys on the lot, the only ones there have just come off the truck and will be delivered to customers the next day. Now they have 3-7 on the lot at any given time and are willing to deal. (Our dealer has been a MSRP only, no added charges or other markup, they are quite good).

I think the next month will start filling the pipe to the point that we will at least see vehicles on the lot or at least a reduction of the waiting lists.
  • robsdad1robsdad1 Member Posts: 31
    Two of the dealers here do not have a demo to look at or drive. One suggested I put my name on their list so they could call me when a Sienna comes in.

Little hope of anything below MSRP.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • kaseyhkaseyh Member Posts: 2
    Ok-= we ordered an Le with pkg#5 and signed the contract and put $500.00 deposit down. We had them give us the VIN# and put that on the contract. The van has an ETA of May 23-27. The dealer called today and said the VIN# has changed! He said he has never seen that happen before and doesn't know why. Does anyone here know how or WHY that might happen?? Thanks for any input!
    Kasey
    Does the LE come with any floor mats at all or do you have to buy the carpet floor mat option?
    Thanks for your help!
    The LE does not come with floor mats. Carpeted floor mats have an MSRP of $225. We bought them.

I believe they have plastic floor mats for cheaper. I've heard some people on one of these boards say they went to a store and bought some sort of carpeting or something, and cut their own, and were very pleased with their work.
    I think they are being sold as a package along with the door sill protectors at $196 MSRP. But I am interested the all-weather mats rather than the carpeted mats. Anyone has experience with Toyota all-weather mats for any models? Or they are just a piece of rubber? I am also looking at the WeatherTech rubber mats.
  • hi2udavidhi2udavid Member Posts: 2
    In response to #1379, the price does not include tax/liscense.
  • dparlerdparler Member Posts: 22
    I have been told by several dealers that the XLE's are in short supply (even when CE's and LE's are sitting on the lot) and that almost all XLE's are being pre-sold prior to delivery. A cold-call of e-mail to some dealers has come back to me with "offers" of MSRP (take it or leave it) and a 2 month wait. I just clicked on the "reply" button and typed "Can't I get that 'deal' at any location that sells Toyotas ?" Many of these local dealers have websites that can do an inventory search and you can check out their LOCAL inventory updated daily AND get alink to a regional inventory search (5 Southeastern states in my area). It does provide interesting data on tracking supply and demand and inventory and it does appear that the supply is being consumed as it is being released. In attempting to (consider) oredering some models "available" in a future date I am finding that even some of those projected to be released in 3 weeks are pre-sold already. I do believe that supply will catch up with demand by the fall, but if you want a specific model, options (or none thereof) and color, you may have to order and wait. NO ONE has a Blue Mirage Metallic XLE, basic package with no options, for example.
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    When they first wrote the VIN on the contract, was it all 17 characters or just 8 ? Toyota's have a temporary VIN that is used for tracking until the unit goes to "F" or freight status.
    Maybe thats what happened.

I have the Toyota All-Weather mats in my 2002 Camry and they stay there all year round (3 kids)
    I strongly recommend them to all of my customers.
    It's nice that they have the spot for the hook that hold them in place and keeps them from creeping under the pedals.
  • robsdad1robsdad1 Member Posts: 31
    Check out Modern Toyota in Winston-Salem NC. They show a big selection of Siennas along with availability dates, MSRP's, options,etc.

Its the only place I have seen all available models listed. Don't know how they are to deal with.
  • tmurphx5tmurphx5 Member Posts: 14
    I too searched the web and looked in the local Sunday paper for availability. One Toyota dealer in New Hampshire shows a list of all the models available when you do a search of their inventory but they aren't on the lot. I called and was told they had one that was used for a demo only, but to call back when they had their allocation. Another big dealer in New England is advertising that they have 30 available, but if you read the add in detail you will find that they have 30 on allocation and are due in anytime...

Bottom line I think I was lucky to pick up an LE with some options a little below MSRP ($200) and Blue book trade for my 96 DGC.

Happy Hunting