Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• If you purchased the vehicle then' Monday morning second guessing' will not improve the situation.

I purchased a 2009 Sienna on May 1 for what I feel is a very low price. But the dealer offered me next to nothing for my 2005 Highlander. He can't sell new at a bargain price and pay on the high end for a trade.
    I was happy with the Sienna's utility, Toyota reliability, wife's color choice and so I bought low and sold my Highlander private.

After the fact I wonder about the step up to a trim with a power tailgate.
    But I am very pleased as it stands.

Enjoy your vehicle like we do ours.
  • sipaksipak Posts: 8
    Can you please tell me how you were able to get 0% APR?

Was this a local dealer promotion or from some other?

I am looking for a buying same configuration and 0% APR will be great way for me to jump on it.
    -s
  • 0% was promotional offer till last Friday. It is 1.9% now. Still a good offer. Remeber leather seating is not factory option in LE.
    Can you guys share any deals being announced by your dealers for Thanksgiving weekend?

Are there any new incentives being offered by Toyota for this time of the year?

I wen on hold to see if there is any better promotions on financing come out around this time.

Thanks.
    -s
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    With the end of the month and end of the quarter (December) deals are only going to get better. Toyota will also want to move out the Siennas to make room for the newly designed 2011 Sienna that starts production in January 2010.

Incentives vary from region to region.
  • orgeeorgee Posts: 4
    Along with following:

FE - 50 state emissions
    QF - EVP #2
    RL - DRL and windshield wiper de-icer
    CF - Carpet floor mats

is quoted at $26,331 with a mark-up of $300 above invoice. Is this a good deal in central TX.

If you have gotten better pricing, please post information of the dealer and price.
  • dsmguydsmguy Posts: 23
    Looks like the only incentives for the 2010 sienna is the 1.9 financing for 60 months. Has anyone heard if they're going to do anything more with their Thanksgiving Toyotathon sales coming up?
    Just sitting back waiting, like many others.
  • rgrorgro Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2009 or 2010 Sienna (LE or XLE) with EVP 3 (going to this package b/c want rear entertainment system). Limited supply here in DC metro area on 2009 especially if you want the RES.

One option is to put in the DVD system on a used LE, but not comfortable doing this -- has anyone had a after market DVD system installed? And if so what did you pay?

Second option was to go with XLE. Got a quote for the 2010 XLE with EVP 3 for 28,779 -- is this a good price? Does not include TTL.

R
  • rgrorgro Posts: 3
    On the Sienna you can take advantage of $750 customer cash or 0% APR for 36 months and 1.9% for 60 months.
  • well. on the main homepage, there's only 0% apr for 36 month, 3.9 for 48 and higher.
    where can you see 750 cashback?
  • krishkrish Posts: 18
    Here is Fitzmall's price for XLE EVP3+17" Wheels+Fog lamps package+ Parking assist + Carpet & Protector : Internet Price: $29,041.00

Are you getting 1.9% with that price or does that price includes any other rebate ?

I am also looking for XLE + EVP 3 in Charlotte region. Has anyone bought recently in that region ?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I put in a Jensen with a huge 12" DVD screen for $900 installed. Circuit City did it, of course they've gone out of business now.

When I looked a factory-equivalent 7-8" screen ran about $600, but I decided to splurge. The kids love it, and at 12" you can actually watch from the 3rd row without straining your eyes.

It does block the rear view a bit, but the Sienna has huge side mirrors.
  • krishkrish Posts: 18
    Edmunds.com > 2010 Sienna > Incentives & Rebates.

Enter your zip code, it lists the available rebates.
    For Central Atlantic region:
    $750 cash to Customers OR
    0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months

For South East region:
    $1000 cash to Dealers OR
    0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months
    Depends on the region, not all customers will be able to get that incentive.
  • My wife and are are looking to purchase our first Toyota Sienna. We've always been an American brand family so we have no idea about this market, so I'm looking for some help.

We've found a 2006 LE at a local dealership with 41,000 miles on it certified (7yr 100k power train warranty) and they are asking $17,500. I looked at NADA and KBB to get an idea on what the dealership paid to get the car.

Obviously I'm not going to pay asking price, but I have know idea how much these things sell for. American cars tend not to hold their retail value as well :) Is this car really worth that much?
    Can anyone guide what typical requirements are to qualify for zero % or low APR?

e.g. FICO score ? or income ? or down payment, etc?

-s
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    You would have to decide whether depreciation is a big factor in car choice. If you buy and intend to keep the car for 100k miles then everything depreciates badly. Choose the best value. If you figure on trading in 3-5 years and put limited miles on your van then the brand makes a big difference. The price of used cars is very high in relation to new cars. If you don't need leather and moonroofs, there are nicely equipped new vehicles for reasonable prices. Stay open re the brand. There are detractors for every brand but fact is that the odds are in your favor re reliability no matter which van you choose. Check the base prices for base odyssey's, siennas, sedonas,routans etc. check deals available from overstock etc and compare to the price of used models. Do your research and buy what YOU want.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    You should also be able to find an 08 with under 30k miles for that price. Do the search engine thing --cars.com-autotrader-ebay.
  • I got a quote for sienna le 8 passenger with package 2 (no alloy wheels)
    for $25500 in N.California it includes destination.
    Is it a reasonable price?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Go to this thread:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9c851/38881#MSG38881

Ask what they think the dealer paid for that van. Several dealers hang out in that thread, many who buy cars at auction all the time.

Tell them its CPO because it does cost the dealer more to recondition and certify it (and get that 7/100 warranty), so don't expect to pay what the dealer paid. It'll be $2 grand or so more than they paid, I'm guessing.

Good luck.
    For incentive below...

Can anyone guide what typical requirements are to qualify for zero % or low APR?
    e.g. FICO score ? or income ? or down payment, etc?

Also, can cash to dealer be negotiated for reduced price on top of zero % or low APR promotion?
    -s

> Edmunds.com > 2010 Sienna > Incentives & Rebates.

> Enter your zip code, it lists the available rebates.
    > For Central Atlantic region:
    > $750 cash to Customers OR
    > 0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months

> For South East region:
    > $1000 cash to Dealers OR
    > 0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months
  • My local dealer is offering employee pricing. Any idea how much savings this really is?
    Hello,
    I am getting a quote of about 25000 + tag ($150 and tax) with LE#2 and alloy wheels for LE 8 passenger siena . Dealer says that he needs to custom order it and to do that I need to close the deal and put some refundable advance to him. Delivery will be in a week to to 10 days.

Q1. What is your comment on price with above options.

Q2. Is it normal to go through ordering/advance as above if exact color/configuration is not available in hand?

Please advice asap.
    Depends on which employees-dealership or Toyota?
  • I am in N.California and for a similar van with no alloy wheels I got a lowest quote
    for 25300 + tax and fees. I think with alloy wheels you are getting a good deal
    but probably it depends on the location.
    Where is the dealership located in ?
  • Dealership pricing is what they are offering. Which I am assuming isn't as good as toyota employees.
    just closed - LE 8 passenger EVP#3, Alloy Wheels, Toyoguard, Mats

27200 (all inclusive) + tag transfer (119) + tax 1632 + 80 (Doc fee)

With 0% APR in South FL.

What you guys say about deal? Bad? Good? OK?

-s :confuse:
  • dsmguydsmguy Posts: 23
    Purchased a 2010 XLE Fwd over the weekend.
    MSRP 32,705 with these options
    EVP#2
    Fog Lamp
    JBL speaker
    floor mat/door sill
    17" wheels
    Got it for $30,000 plus tax, title, license
    I believe invoice on the vehicle was around $29,087 but throw in the factory advertising charges, etc, then the invoice was around 29,800.

Took me a while but basically emailed a few dealers in the area (Iowa) and gave them a list of options and said I was gathering quotes from dealers and was going with the lowest one. The Des Moines dealership won out. The Iowa City dealership didn't even want to deal with me. Long story on that one but basically emailed their GM and asked why bother having an internet department if they're not willing to provide quotes via email??

Hope this helps anyone else looking and good hunting!!
  • Just bought a 2010 Sienna LE 8 passengers , package (QF, CF, TO, RL) + Destination Charges = $25,500 (before tax and fees) at South Coast Toyota on Sat 11/21/2009. Btw, thanks Tommy for the post of your purchase on 11/1/09.