Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dev_pdev_p Posts: 22
    edited May 2010
    I would like to share my experience , Yesterday I went to dealership in NJ to find abt pricing.
    To my surprise they had few customers and many sales guys were waiting.
    But for the price they din't want to come down at all. I was told there are no offers with Sienna.

I usally start with starting price of 2010 odyssey EX which I am getting for 28000 otd.
    They were offering close to sticker price.

Is there anyone who got otd less than 30k?
  • Check in truecar.com. It will give you the 3 lowest price in your area and the dealers that have to honor those prices. You can then leverage those offers to other dealers to see if they will match or go lower.
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    I have checked 2 dealers locally and each one had only about 5 Siennas on the lot. With stock like that, its no wonder they are not dealing. Not sure if there is a shortage from the factory or if these dealers just screwed up on ordering stock.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Posts: 102
    Try Rt. 22 autoland. I am currenlty in the process of buying the XLE AWD with no options and they have really worked very well with me so far. Looking forward to picking up the car most likely tomorrow. Their prices were competitive with what I was getting at AMEX. So far they have worked with us very patiently. I will post full report once we take delivery.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Posts: 19
    Hi,
    Congratulations on the van. Hope you are enjoying it. When you did the special order, did you have to give some sort of a non refundable deposit. I am trying to special order XLE FWD with a special color and PM package. Dealer wants a $500 as deposit and I am trying to find if this is normal.

Thanks,
  • raketa1raketa1 Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    I special ordered a XLE in mid-March (it just came in and I am picking it up tomorrow). Dealer required a $500 deposit at the time I ordered, which they said is fully refundable if I chose not to take delivery of the vehicle for any reason. I think it is a normal practice.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Posts: 28
    Not sure what part of NJ you are shopping but east coast toyota on route 17 in wood ridge (not woodbridge) has tons of LE in every color. You should get all the negotiating done via email before going to the dealership.
  • tscofieldtscofield Posts: 2
    I was initially told I would need to leave a refundable deposit, but alas, Toyota dealer never did follow up. So I did not have to put down a deposit on a special order 2011 Sienna here in Houston.

Treytexag
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    A friend here at work just got a new 2011 LE model for 26,000 even. MSRP was $29.9k.

She got silver/gray, loves it so far.
    Dealer is DARCARS in Silver Spring, MD.

MSRP was $29,920.

First e-quote was $26,970. She got them down to $26k even. They added a $250 processing fee, plus 6% MD tax, and tags. No trade.

She put $11k down and financed the rest at 3.99%.
    Thank you. I am planning to place an order today. I am being told 4 - 8 weeks. Considering you got it only now, I am expecting 8 weeks.
  • savorasavora Posts: 25
    Has anyone bought one yet?
    How much below MSRP?

Thanks. From truecar.com, seeing prices about $700 above invoice.
  • dann80dann80 Posts: 18
    Wow, $26k seems to be an unbelievable price. Isn't that even below invoice? For a MSRP of $29,920, I'm assuming your friend got the 8-passenger V6 LE FWD with the towing option. According to truecar.com, the factory invoice in your area (zip code 20904) is $28,012 (which includes $800 destination charge and $592 regional ad fees) and the dealer cost is $27,434 (which basically just subtracts $578 holdback from the factory invoice). So if the dealer sold for only $26k, they would be losing quite a bit of money. Is my analysis here somehow incorrect?
  • dann80dann80 Posts: 18
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a 2011 8-passenger V6 LE FWD in the SF Bay Area. According to truecar.com, the factory invoice is $27,780 (which includes a $536 regional ad fee) and the dealer cost is $27,202 (which subtracts $578 holdback from the invoice).

Wondering what others in the area have been paying for this trim. According to truecar.com, there's a dealer around here willing to sell for $28,128. Has anyone paid lower? Thanks in advance for any data points you can provide.
  • joefar75joefar75 Posts: 46
    After reading hundreds and hundreds of posts on this thread and the Honda Odyssey post, I'm wondering if emailed quotes are the best way to go. Seems like everyone on here loves them. I mean, I think they're definitely part of the overall homework that has to be done, but I dont think it should lead to the final price.
    I emailed a dealer for a price on a minivan; it went on for a few days; back and forth. Price I got was 29500, I asked for $29, and they said NO.
    BUT when I went to the same dealer and put the "DOOR THEORY" into effect; that's when I walk out the door; I got my price of $29k.
  • raketa1raketa1 Posts: 8
    I believe your numbers are accurate. No dealer sells a car that's out for 2 months at over a $1,300 loss. Just doesn't make any sense...they've been selling anywhere around a 4-7% discount off MSRP, depending on where your live.
  • joefar75joefar75 Posts: 46
    I got 16.5% off of list on my 2010 odyssey.

Beat that Mr. Toyoda!
    edited May 2010
    She forwarded me the original e-quote from the dealer. Let me copy/paste...

She got them down to $26k even but then the fees went up to $250, which in reality brings the price back up. With 6% tax she was out the door for under $28k.

Hi [name removed],

Thank you for your interest in a 2011 Toyota Sienna. Below are the vehicle details. If your request is received outside of our normal business hours, we will contact you promptly the next business day.

Stock# 151030
    MSRP: $29,920
    Special Internet E-Price: $26,970

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 866-369-4455 or reply to this email. Our Internet prices cannot be combined with any other offer, and include freight and all applicable rebates and incentives, including dealership discounts. Our Internet price excludes tax, tags, and $100 processing charge. The Internet price is based on dealer and factory incentives and is therefore subject to change at any time.

Thank you,

[name removed]
    Internet Sales Manager
    DARCARS Toyota of Silver Spring

12210 Cherry Hill Road | Silver Spring, Maryland 20904 | 866-369-4455

2011 Toyota Sienna LE ePrice: $26,970.00
    Bodystyle: Van Regular Int. Color: Light Gray
    Engine: V-6cyl Mileage: 0
    Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic Stock #: 151030
    Ext. Color: Silver Sky Vin: [removed]C1BS006561

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Note that even their very first e-quote was $464 below what you calculated to be their cost, so their must be some hidden incentives that we don't know about.

She was offered the extended warranty but did not buy yet - she actually may do that, but the deal was not contingent on it.

I'm surprised, too. Like I said there must be some dealer incentives, perhaps in the Mid Atlantic region, I'm not sure.

EDIT: removed all but the last 10 of the VIN for privacy purposes.
    Is Safety Connection option really worth it? We are looking for a xle with premium package (PM) on a specific color. Dealer has the dvd/nav package on this color but the premium package has to be special ordered.

Looks like the only difference between PM and DVD/NAV package is the Safety Connect.
    The catch will be that it requires a monthly subscription.

A lot of people who have OnStar do not renew once the free subscription is done.

At least find out what it will cost you to decide if it's worth it.
    Looks like its $140 for every year.
    Your call, then.

I'd rather have a system that linked to a SmartPhone and used an existing service that's already paid for (or even a work-provided phone that's FREE).
    Guys - just got this ordered. 36300 OTD in NJ - how did I do? I might have to wait for 4-6 weeks but we are getting the color we wanted.
    Any suggestions - is this a good deal?
    What are the recommendations for all season floormats?
    Thanks..
    Congratulations. Did you have to put some sort of deposit when you ordered it? What kind of documentation you got that indicates the price you agreed to buy? We are trying to place an order today and your experience/response would be of great help.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Posts: 28
    36300 OTD means the 7% NJ is included in this price? So if my math is correct the selling price was around 34,000 ? This is a XLE AWD with no other options like NAV or DVD entertainment?
  • cjtoyota10cjtoyota10 Posts: 2
    I ordered a similar vehicle in central NJ: XLE w/ AWD and no other options other than regular floormats - and paid the invoice price ($32,916). After TT&L, I was OTD at $35,950. But here is the important info: I ordered my car on 3/25/10 and still don't have it! I have the vin #, but my dealer says it is "at the port" and there is some type of delay now. I was also originally told it would be in my hands in 4-6 weeks. Is anyone else who "special ordered" a car having a similar delay in receiving their vehicle?
    Thanks mate...I have heard stories like these. The problem is what some dealers don't tell you is that there usually is a vehicle within your area - its just that they don't do business with that particular dealer or don't want to swap out a vehicle. This is something I have learned as I just spoke with someone today who had the color and vehicle that I wanted for 200 $ cheaper than what I was quoted.

As a side note - anyone curious why the Sienna was never tested by IHSS for roof integrity test? Makes me feel good about not going with limited but why would they specifically leave out one test and then perform every other test?
    I don't think they've tested any minivan yet.

Here are their crash test results for the class:

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/summary.aspx?class=80
    I just read this little footnote -
    "This rating is assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by the manufacturer as part of frontal crash test verification."

So Toyota conducted the test and passed on the results to the IIHS?
    I have never owned a black color but I keep hearing from people that it is very difficult to clean and that it will fade sooner than metallic colors? Any insight?
    Thanks