Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi laurenpedoren,

Consumer Reports New Car Price Service says:

Invoice for the units (invoice - holdback + destination) is:

XLE w/ Package 3 - 29,174
    XLE w/ Package 4 - 31,752

Add to that TTL and what you consider a reasonable profit for the dealer minus your rebate and that should give you your real pricing.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A reporter with a large national newspaper is interested in talking with owners who had considered purchasing a Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Caravan. If you had considered one of these vehicles and purchased another one instead, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 9.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• HI MAPPER THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER A RESONABLE PROFIT. I THINK 500 TO 1000 $ IAM NOT SURE . SO 31752 -1500 REBATE=30252+PROFIT=500=30752+TTL FOR PACKAGE 4 WITCH I REALY WANT. JUST GOT NEW# 31014 PAKAGE 4 . SOUNDS LIKE IAM PRETTY CLOSE.
  • Lauren, I can't tell you what's best for you, but either price 30,752 or 31,014 are both good prices... Make an offer at 30, 750 and see what happens, you can always come up a few more dollars to close the deal... I wish you luck!!!!
  • bobisiennabobisienna Posts: 1
    Hi Mapper, I am also in OR and thinking about 2008 7 passenger Sienna LE with AW, TO, PKG#2. Which dealer do you deal with? Thanks a lot.
  • From my buying experience, Costco program is not worthy for saving money. Its quote is higher than most internet sale's prices. If I negotiated more with Costco's fleet manager, he's willing to lower the price. I ended up to buy from direct internet sales department in Red McCombs in San Antonio, TX. I searched in Houston, Dallas as well. Red McCombs had the best price and the salesman Danny was so friendly and straight forward, no pressure. I picked up the van at the price we agreed via email. The whole process lasted about one hour.
  • Hi! This forum is wonderful, I was lucky to have found it. I have been watching this forum for a couple of months and I'm proud to announce that we just came back from closing the deal on our new Sienna! I used Edmund's.com, Consumer Reports, and OneMadMapper's May 03 post to develop my strategy.

The vehicle I bought is the '08 Sienna Limited AWD with CF, HZ, QL, TO, and RM.

MSRP: $42,001
    The dealer cost that I calculated was: $35,927
    (ie. Invoice - Advert fee - dealer holdback) Subtract the incentive as well if that's how you're negotiating.

I added $500, and I started negotiating at that number ($36, 427) and ended at $36,700 on the phone with the sales manager. After this price was reached, I was able to choose my incentive ($1500 vs 1.9% APR). In the end, 5% tax, documentation fees (~200), and state registration fees were added. My calculated profit for the dealer is $773.

That's it! I think we got an excellent value. After closing the deal, the dealership did note that that Sienna (Pine Mica) had been on the lot for 73 days. I think that's towards the long end and they were happy to have sold it. (Just the color that I was looking for, too!)

I hope this helps other buyers. Happy hunting!

PS. In case you're wondering, the dealership is Ira Toyota in Danvers, MA. It helps to negotiate a deal like this at a high-volume, low-margin dealership.
  • chiragmpchiragmp Posts: 4
    Hi:

What should I expect to pay OTD for Sienna XLE w/ navigation, entertainment, towing, alloy wheels, fog lamps, and floor mats? I think the individual packages would be QN, TO, AW, LF, and CF. I am in northern California (silicon valley). I have a quote of $30922 (includes destination charge and $2000 cash back but excludes TTL). Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
  • HI CHIRAGMP MY BEST PRICE WAS 30.849 ( CHICAGO) SO YOUR RIGHT THERE. INVOICE IS 31.752 MINUS 1500 REBATE THEN AD FOR DEALER PROFIT. READ BACK A FEW POSTS TO MINE AND ONEMADMAPPERS. THAT WILL HELP. GOOD LUCK
  • wcguywcguy Posts: 1
    Question on the rebate. Is it applied before or after the state taxes are calculated? I'm in Calif. Thanks for any info.
  • singbethsingbeth Posts: 3
    Price on our new LE Sienna - white/taupe with EV Pkg #2 and DRL - 24, 827. Subtract the $2000 rebate, add a $55. Doc fee, $1835 tax, $234 in License fees = 24,591 out the door. I was a little irritated that it didn't come with floor mats, but I bought them online for less. We went to Modesto Toyota, good treatment! We had online quotes for Bay area deals that were 500 under invoice, and Modesto wouldn't match that (lose money) because we didn't trade in or finance, so they had little wiggle room. We walked on Fri. night, but then decided that we liked the salesman there so much that we would go back if they would give us invoice price. Which they did, hooray! I never knew i would be so happy driving a minivan :)

One question, has anyone moved thier second row middle seat to the forward position? We are having challenges with it hitting the tray table - even when folded.
  • hi everyone dose anyone no if fog lights can be added latter, the one they found for me did not have them. I will post my deal on my arctic frost xle pkg. #3 early next week. thanks in advance.
  • perl5perl5 Posts: 17
    A queston: are Salsa Red Pearl and Salsa Red the same? I can only find Salsa Red Pearl from toyota's website, but fitzmall has one as Salsa Red.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Was it ever?

I thought the 8 pass model came in CE and LE. That's how it was for MY2007.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats.

That is a grand less than a similar model cost a year ago.
  • fishrcoolfishrcool Posts: 1
    Wow, that's the best I've heard.
    Can you tell me which dealership? Thanks much!
  • chuckee1chuckee1 Posts: 8
    I finally bought my XLE today from fitzmall,
    package 3-
    paid 28,333
    msrp 33,514
    2k below invoice, no haggle....great experience
  • perl5perl5 Posts: 17
    before TTL? and after $1500 rebate?
  • siennamisiennami Posts: 116
    As I understand it, the "Pearl" colors have a more metallic look with little "flecks" (for lack of a better word) in the paint. As one person explained to me, the Pearls show the reflection of objects even if the vehicle itself is dirty. I've also read that you can only get the pearl colors in the LE or XLE trim, but don't quote me on that, because they may have been referring to the Arctic Frost Pearl color. I've always thought the color of my CE was Silver Shadow Pearl, but according to the explanation I read, it isn't, although I can plainly see most anything reflected in the paint on my van, and it sure as heck ain't clean!
    Hope this was clear as mud! ;)