Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jquachjquach Posts: 4
    Just a quick update: The Tow Prep Option that supposed to be standard for XLE is not there! Toyota said it's not in any of 2011 Sienna. This option will be available in June timeframe. I had an option to return the van or wait and the dealer will give the tow hitch and install it for free. I opted to wait.....

Just something to think about when you are buying XLE or Ltd.
  • raketa1raketa1 Posts: 8
    Is the Tow Prep Package not being factory installed or is it just the hitch itself that is not yet available? I ordered an XLE and my understanding from the dealer here in MN is that the hitch is yet to be designed and is expected be available in June. The Tow Prep Package includes larger alternator, radiator cooling capacity, maybe trans oil cooler and wiring harness. Much of that can only be factory installed. When the hitch becomes available, the dealer will have to install it at a cost (unfortunately higher than factory installed). Clarifications anyone? Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Interestingly, my 2007 LE had that standard, then for 2008 they made it an extra-cost package option.

So now it's back? Is it just on XLE and Ltd?

I agree that you won't necessarily see it. It's tow prep, i.e. heavier duty stuff that you do not see to help it cope with heavier stress when towing. It may not include the tow hitch, though (mine did not).
  • jquachjquach Posts: 4
    The Tow Prep should include the wiring harness but according to my dealer and Toyota rep, it is NOT installed. The harness will not be available until June timeframe. Because of this, my deal is willing to give me free OEM hitch package + installation if I take the van now. I decided to take the van and come back around June for complete tow package installation.....

Can someone check with their dealer to verify this (about wiring harness not installed)?
  • jello8jello8 Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    This is the offer I got using ZAGS: 2011 Sienna Limited AWD, with:
    fe, cx, lt, pt, cf which msrp is $45,809.

Zags dealer set me up with $42,507.30 +
    fees = $668.75
    tax = $4043.49

total out the door is $47,219.54

Do you think they will have incentives next month? or take this deal? Do the fees seem high or inline?
  • Do base your decision based solely on my reply but based on my very little research on this ;post I think you should get atleast 4-5 $ below the MSRP + OTD. Go to Fitzgerald auto mall website and I think they have one listed. The prices they show are the they actually charge !
  • inspectoringinspectoring Posts: 102
    edited April 2010
    Please keep in mind that for 500 $ you can get an awesome ipad instead of their overpriced entertainment system. I am planning on getting two ipad for each kid so that we don't have to worry about anything and they can do a lot more with ipads than their entertainment system
  • The iPad can't play DVDs unless you convert them and transfer the video files but that's a cumbersome process for the vast majority of folks who just want to watch a video. Plus, how are you going to mount your iPads to the car? Is there an adapter or must the kids hold them while watching? The iPad is not a suitable replacement for an integrated in-car entertainment system especially when the sound system is hooked up through the stereo and you can control everything from the front of the car in one location.
    Why would an iPad owner use DVDs?

Instead they'd be downloading content from the iTunes store. Much of it is free.

I agree that a suitable mount would be nice, not to mention a car charger.
  • sanvan76sanvan76 Posts: 2
    Hi Friends, Any recommendations on this?
    looking for either 3 LE FWD or 3 Base FWD vehicles. What is a good price for base?
  • Yeah, because downloading from iTunes while on the move is so much easier than popping in a DVD and watching a video. If you get the 3G iPad you're paying a lot more plus monthly fees. And you and I both know anything worth watching on iTunes isn't free and is locked to being played on an Apple device unless again you convert the video. You and your kids may be able to handle this easily (so could I) but for 99.99999999999% of the minivan buying public, this is not an option. Your suggestion that two iPads is better than Toyota's excellent in-car system is laughable.
  • Sounds like someone's trying to rationalize the purchase of two expensive gadgets - perhaps trying to gain WAF?
    edited April 2010
    You wouldn't do it on the move. You'd already have your entire video library on the device. And music. And games.

Plus it's not like renting DVDs is easy any more, with all the BlockBusters near me closing. I have to drive all the way up to the Kentlands BlockBuster about 20 minutes away! Major hassle. And guess what? Late fees have reappeared. :mad:

Good thing I've bought a bunch of DVDs and keep a small library in the car. I bet someone with a loaded up iPad would eventually have a much bigger selection of videos than I do in my van for our DVD player.

anything worth watching on iTunes isn't free

Neither are DVDs. $5 to rent, or buy them for a bit more. Same difference.

Your suggestion

It was not my suggestion, read it carefully again. It was inspectoring's.

Different strokes for different folks, but the OEM system, while nice, is very spendy.
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like someone's trying to rationalize the purchase of two expensive gadgets

"Expensive" being a relative term. Keep in mind he's suggesting you spend $499 times two, or $998 total.

The Entertainment Package (EY) on the Sienna is $2,495.

I'm not saying that's the way I'd go, but it would cost less than half of the OEM cost for a pair of iPads.

I got an aftermarket 12" DVD player for $900, and have no regrets.

Another option is a PSP or Nintendo, or just a portable DVD player. Of course the trade-off there is that anything loose like that is more likely to get stolen, iPads included.

Don't take it so personally, folks, inspectoring was just suggesting a potential alternative. $2,495 is a huge sum of money.
  • jimbo91jimbo91 Posts: 5
    I'd have to side with those finding it expensive. The technology is nice but keep in mind that the dual view only functions as dual with a separate external source (plugged in via the RCA jacks) requiring you to have a separate DVD player/game/whatever anyway. There are so many cheaper alternatives that I had to say no. You can take a portable DVD player anywhere to occupy the kids... not just in the car. And while we're talking about expensive options everyone should remember that they have left the inability to modify the nav system while driving intact with this new nav revision. I believe it has voice command recognition but my guess is that this is far from perfect and likely to pose frustrating problems.

I believe we are settling on a XLE AWD base model. Price quoted is 33,200 which includes the floormats ($289 according to the website). We will be waiting on it though because we want the black exterior... so we will be ordering.

Sound like a fair deal?
    Can an iPad output to that source?

LOL, then you could buy an iPad to be your source for the OEM system. :D

BTW, I do not have an iPad, or an iPhone for that matter.
  • I, too, live in the SF Bay Area and looking to buy a 2011 Toyota Sienna Ltd AWD. How were you able to purchase your 2011 Sienna at invoice? I would appreciate all the help you can provide. I've talked to 2 dealers and they want MSRP or close to MSRP.
  • ebutashebutash Posts: 7
    I have an iPad...it can attach to the Sienna's Factory Bluetooth & USB system. I have ordered the AppleGripIpad.com to attach the iPad to the headrest. I'll post pics soon.

EB
  • r2m45r2m45 Posts: 10
    Picking up XLE FWD Sienna with Premium Package, MSRP of $39,524.00. Paid $35,500.00 +TT here in PA. It was the best price I could get anywhere and I think I did pretty darn good. Was given the most for my trade and also 2.9% financing. Pretty happy camper. Will be driving it down to WDW with the family in July. Woot!

Gerry
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    edited April 2010
    Congrats on your new Sienna. I'm sure you and the family will enjoy it.

Seems like just last year the XLE Limited had a MSRP of 39K . :cry: