Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You got a better deal than me by $500.
    However, I did $2,000 better than any dealer in NY or NJ.
    They were a major headache to deal with too.
    Overall, I was happy with the purchase.
  • I live in VA...so taxes much lower...

email me and I will fwd you the complete info and my AWESOME salesperson...they beat everyone I could find by $1K...the dealer nearest me (gave him last chance) said they must be doing a bait and switch and there was no way they could do that deal...but the deal was exactly as promised..
  • What deals did anyone find on the 2011 Sienna in RI or MA?
  • I could not understand why dealers in MD area can offer such low price. The lowest price I got in Phoenix is 27800. Here below is the dealer breakdown for an LE. The basic cost 25754 + destination charge 810 already exceeds 26300. How can MD's dealers make profit in the end?

Retail Dealer Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 29100.00 $ 25754.00 $ 29100.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer .. 220.00 176.00
    Towing Prep Option: ........................ 220.00 176.00
    Includes Engine Oil Cooler, Larger .........
    Radiator and Fan ...........................
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector ...... 324.00 198.00
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 764.00 $ 550.00 $ 764.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 810.00 $ 810.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 579.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 10.60
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 582.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 291.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 28576.60 $ 30674.00
  • I would not worry about their profits. The car I bought was a good deal and the dealer was very eager to sell it to me at that price. One NY dealer kept on telling me that the deal I have is too low. He also said I should tell them the name of the MD dealer so he can buy from them and resell in NY. It made me skeptic about the deal, until I signed at the dotted line. The deal was good and MD dealers are legit. Obviously, you need to do your homework and be diligent. I used Koons.
  • What dealer in the Boston area? Did you go through with the deal? Details?
  • A reporter hopes to interview someone who recently bought or shopped for a new minivan in the Boston area. If you care to share your story, please email your daytime contact info and a word about your experience to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 8, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• How about NY/NJ/CT area? I am available.
  • Hi:

can you pls share your experience of buying a car from another state? I am mostly interested in if you still need to pay the local tax for the state where you purchased it. Also do you just drive it back or have some company transfer it for you?

thanks
  • Thank you for this forum. I was able to get a lot of informaiton and know what is a fair price to pay for my new Toyota Sienna Limited. I think I got an OK price without any hassle.

I got this deal through www.zag.com. They sent my reqeust to 3 dealers and AutoNation came back with the best quote with one of their dealership, Power Toyota Irvine.

Here is what I got

Toyota Sienna FWD $38,700
    Special Color $220
    LTD Premium Package: $4,025
    Lower Door Molding $209
    Cargo Organizer, Roof rack Cross Bars $424
    Carpet floor Mats/Door Sil Protector $324
    Delivery Fee $810

MSRP $44,712.00

Price Purchased (not including TTL) $40,738.60

The price I paid is $200 over invoice. Personally I don't think I can get this price if I walk into the dealership directly. So overall this is a reall success for me.
  • You will only pay Tax Tile and Registration in your state where you will register the car. If they ask you to pay for out of state, you know you are being scammed.
  • Already sent you email for a while. Please check your mail box. thanks a lot.
  • Bay area, the best quote I got is 35,500 (39,000 OTD) for 2011 XLE with premium package (navi and DVD). Is it a good price at all? Thanks.
  • Why is your OTD so much higher? What is the exact break down?
  • State tax is sky high 9.25% for CA.This is the major reason.
  • and I was complaining how high 7% was...
  • How about the price though? Is it a good deal or not?
  • What are the exact options? I am sure you have floor mats, right? What is the exact MSRP?
  • It's with premium package and floor mat/door sill protector. MSRP 39,734.
  • I got quote for 2011 XLE without Navi and DVD at OTD $34,810 at Austin, TX.
    Is it good deal?
    Please share OTD if there is anyone near by Austin, TX got 2011 XLE recently.

Thanks in advance.