Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I talked to several dealers. The second dealer was in Bryan, Texas. They had a few 2011 and 12's to chose from. Best deal on a 2011 LE was $27,800 this one had the extras except for the alarm system.

I talked to another dealer between Spring, and Huntsiville. Best deal on a 2012 LE with Several extras was $29,000 +TTL

The dealers have the options marked up several times. They claim they don't, but how do they suddenly start marking down a vehicle when you lose interest.

The hold back of $810.00 can usually be negotiated away. That money is used for advertisement from the manufacturer. The first thing to do is ask the salesman or look at the sticker to see when they got the car. If they just got it, holdback is pure profit. I rarely see the same vehicles in the paper as the ones on the lot.

SECOND: Options are on there to make money, not lose it. There is always negotiation in options since they are marked up several times. I take the total amount of options and divide by four. Now I know the number to offer them for options. Don't pay etching fees, usually dealers can do this for $50.00 and charge several times more.

There is usually profit built into the base price as well. Do you really think they show you the real invoice price when they flip the screen around to show you invoice? Why do you think they get up and go see there manager. They don't really sell the vehicle under invoice unless they have taken you on your trade. It's just a shell game, learn it, then win it.
  • Will there be any impacts to Sienna inventory like how Honda is being impacted?
  • wtlwtl Posts: 11
    Purchased a xle with nav, cross bar and other stuffs for 32000 +ttl with 36mo at 0% and dealer matched the trade in offer with carmax for our old car. Compare with our 99 sienna xle, I agreed with those complains others that Toyota is making new xle’s interior looks so cheap, plus many useful options are dropped from xle line from where it used to have, however, the longer I own it, the better I feel that we are making the good purchase decision (as opposed to the odyssey).
    One thing that I do notice and did not see anyone mention here is that Toyota is really, really making this van cheap. If you open the front door all the way, then stands behind the door looking toward to the front, and looking at the front bender panel via the gap between front door and the A-pillar (around two door hinges), you will find the metal front bender panel stops short of covering the whole area and something looks like insulation material (black form of some sort) extend out of metal bender panel. The metal front bender panel is “screwed in” to the body instead of “soldering” (or whatever you call it) to the body frame like the way I understood what it should have been done. While I question the integrity and strength of such design (cost to fix the fender bender), I don’t know if this short fall will cause any problem in the long run. I suspect at minimum it will trap some dirt as the time goes by and eventually disintegrate the insulation form, eventually causes more problems in the future.
    I know all 2011 are designed this way, but I am wondering if it changed for 2012? I would appreciate anyone been driving sienna and park outside for 6mo+ please provide your observation if you see any problem.
  • Oct 28th, we purchased a 2011 XLE with NAV, DVD, and 8 passenger seating for $36,000 and took the $1,000 cash from Toyota to bring price down to $35,000 (the Sticker was $39,500ish) . We added the 100K extended warranty for $1200. The warranty was through Toyota and has no deductable. With today’s complex cars that have tons of electronics the warranty seemed like a good idea.

We traded in our current Sienna, 2004 LE with 159,000 miles and had some problems. The Driver door had the popping sound, VSC/Trac-off/engine lights were on, the Driver Sliding Door power lock was broken, the Pass Sliding Door wouldn’t open because the power door cable broke, also it was flagged for frame damage from a previous repair after a deer ran into the back corner. They gave us $6,000 for it, which was the same as Carmax offered. The Dealer said that Siennas hold their value better than most cars and that it is best to trade with just under 100K miles so that you get the most use out of it and the most value for your trade in. They said that ours was hurt by the previous repair and the high mileage.

We knew that it was time to replace the van and shopped many sedans, SUVs, and vans and even with all the door related problems on the prior van we ended up with another Sienna. The new van doesn’t have the Safety Connect, a power passenger seat, or auto head lights. I believe that the 2012 would have had these but would cost more.
  • My quote was 2012 xle AWD standard $35,500 plus TTL plus cost to get car because it was out of state. Did you ever hear back if other poster's quote of $36,500 include entertainment package was out the door price?
  • Was your $36,500 otd price? I'm looking for 2011/2012 AWD XLE standard and quote I received was $35,500 plus TTL plus cost to get car bc none in state for both. Odd that the price was the same for both years.
  • I received a out of door quote for a 2011 Sienna LE V6 AWD in the NY/NJ area at approximately 32,300 without any additional options. This so far is the best quote I've gotten in the area among dealers who still have this model.

Do you think I'll be able to negotiate the price down a little more? It was priced about $1600 below invoice and what are realistic car options I can get thrown in if the price remains as is. Thank you.
  • I got an out the door quote for 31300 for the same vehicle at toyota of henderson in NC. It was from Sean- internet sales manager I believe. You probably don't want to travel all the way here, but if they ave you a quote in writing, you might be able to use it as leverage to get your price lowered.
  • I have an offer for 2012 XLE wit NAV + Ent. for 35,000 TTL in TX area, it's good to go OR working out more on this? Please help us
  • urglieurglie Posts: 20
    Not a bad offer at all. I got a much higher offer than that for the same model.
  • It's a great deal! I just bought the same van in the Dallas area last week for about $1000 more! I thought I had a good deal!
  • The price includes $750 rebate (seems to only apply to SF bay area). OTD around 30200 (28250 + 55 doc fee + tax + registration fees - 750 rebate). It has only 3 miles on it and it is our favorite color.
  • In Dallas area what is your OTD price, could you please give me number in breakdown like Base+Tax+Title+Doc fees etc.
  • The $36,500 quote included everything but tax and tags. And, they transported the car on a flat bed from out of state because I did not want 200 miles on it before I drove it off the lot (their expense). I also sold my 2001 sienna privately for $500 more than they wanted for trade in.
  • I got a quote on 2012 XLE with premium pkg, Window Tint, Carpet Mats,TOYOGUARD Elite for $36,641+Documentation Fee $595=$37,236 (excluding tax and title fee). Is this a good price? I really don't care about the Window Tint, Carpet Mats,TOYOGUARD Elite. Do you think i can ask the dealer remove these items? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I saw others are getting it for $35000, which seems to good to be true in GA area.
  • A reporter is interested in talking with parents who own a 2011 or 2012 Toyota Sienna. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• brt5brt5 Posts: 1
    you got a quote for sienna 2012 xle with premium package for $36641; can you clarify AWD option also included in this deal.
  • no,it is just FWD.
  • azileretsisazileretsis Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Current offer on the 2012 Sienna CE in the SE:
    $24,000.00 Internet Sales Price
    $ 698.50 Dealer Doc Fee
    $ 21.00 Title/Registration Fee($18) / Lemon Law Fee($3)

When I compare with True Car's $ below factory invoice. TrueCar's pricing really don't give much of a deal. This price doesn't include taxes since it's not my state and I will need to pay state taxes at registration.

It is far from the best price I have seen but a 2012 this early in the buying season?
  • sasi2sasi2 Posts: 2
    Could you please share the details of the dealer. I am looking to buy an XLE with ENT+ NAV this weekend. Thanks guys..