Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1583584585586587589»

Comments

• ny_danny_dan Posts: 12
    Any one have bought one yet? How is pricing? Best price I got quoted was 37500 in the NYC area.
  • pathipati05pathipati05 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Just wondering in which area you got 35100? did you included the trade in car value too?

I live in CA and i got a quote for 36300$ OTD with 0% APR without having any trade in car for Sienna 3013 with Navigation System.
  • That price was available in Maryland. I ended up paying 35,600 in NJ (OTD with 0%, 60 months Financing). I finalized the deal in Aug end and picked up the car on 9/3.
  • vam3vam3 Posts: 2
    hshunter, did you buy the Sienna. I am shopping for the same ( 2013 Sienna limited AWD Blizzard pearl paint) in Northern VA. Can you please post the price if you bought it. Thanks.
  • pradazpradaz Posts: 3
    No I didn't yet, I'm has the van on hold.
    otd ask price 38,200
  • I am shopping a 2013 Sienna XLE around Houston area. I communicated with 2 dealers, Star Toyota and Gullo Toyota, and accidentally I find out on their websites that they sell a vehicle with the same VIN#: 5TDYK3DC6DS402255. After I asked one dealer "who/which dealer actually holds it in stock?", he withdrawed and no more communication. Anyone have a similar experience? What's the reason? Thanks.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They may have pre-arranged a trade scenario. I wonder if it's the same owner for both dealerships?
  • When looking at a Toyota vs. Honda, please be advised of the oil consumption issue that has led to a class action suit in October 2013 with details at http://settlement-claims.com/enginemisfire/. I have a 2010 Odyssey that consumed 3.85 quarts of oil through the dealership’s oil consumption test. Honda did a computer upgrade, but it still consumed 1.5 quarts in less than 4,000 miles. The official word from Honda was relayed to me 11/4/13 by a service manager at Classic Honda in Streetsboro, Ohio: Honda does not feel my issue warrants repairs at this time even though it has 53K miles and is still covered by the power train warranty. In other words, they indirectly told me to buy oil in bulk and deal with the issue myself. This settlement will reimburse customers for previous expenses and extend the power train warranty to 8 years, but they do not seem willing to actually fix the problem for me. Bottom line, this settlement proves to me that Honda was well aware of the issue with the 6 cylinder VCM engines for a long time, and now they do not feel the need to stand behind the product they sold me. I wish I had bought the Toyota. Buyers beware!
  • kmanningkmanning Posts: 1
    edited January 3

Tonight I bought a 2011 Sienna LE with 57,000 miles on it - the out-the-door price was 19,997 (sales price was 17,990). Carfax and Autocheck were fine. I had it inspected by a mechanic and it needed new tires and brake pads, but was otherwise in great condition, and the dealer agreed to do new brake pads and tires at no cost to me.. All of this seems like a great deal to me...

HOWEVER, they were extremely pushy in the finance department and eventually wore me down into purchasing an Allstate Warrenty for 5 years/60,000 miles (until the minivan hits 127,000) for $3500(!). On paper it seems to cover pretty much any petty thing that could go wrong, from major service to a broken cup holder. Still, $3500 is probably outrageous, right? What are other people paying for warrenties? I left the car so they could handle the brakes and tires, and I'm supposed to pick up Saturday. Wondering if I should go in and cancel right away (I do know it can be canceled and refunded pro-rated) or if I should wait 3 months in case anything major goes wrong? Basically raises the price to 21,490 asking, 23,497 OTD.