Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville

Welcome to the continuation of the Pontiac
Bonneville
topic. Those of you joining us from
that topic are welcome to continue your discussion.

If you're new to this topic, you may want to
follow the above link for additional archived
posts.

Thanks,

L8_Apex
Sedans Host

Comments

• snicklesnickle Posts: 147
    Just seeing if anyone followed teh new link. I got the platinum injector today and hooked it up. I'll let you know the results.
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    I read the web site sounds almost 2 good to be true. I expect some low 6 0-60 times from you. I live a few miles from Boeing... they build F-15's and F-18's. Trying to boost one of those nasty GE 7000 HP jet engines to mount on the trunk... still a few bugs in this plan... I'll keep you posted.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    fuggetabout thoswe engines, just get yourself a JATO (jet assisted take off) engine or two.
    It does sound to good to be true. But with a 120 day money back guarantee. We shall see.
    I just read in the performance trend section of Motor Trend, that Midas has a new low restriction muffler series. They are black and look just like an SSEi muffler. H.P. gains are said to be around 10, and a nice tone is said to be present. In ST. Louis we have a lot of hoosiers. Most of them buy new Dodge or GM pick ups and immediately install loud nast sounding sounding dual exhaust. I can't believe all these guys are voiding their warranties. There must be some factory lee way here on exhaust issues.
    we are missing a few guys here... never leave a man behind!
    What issue of motor trend?

Intense and dmckeown are both mia. I'll shoot them an email and see what is up.
  • I'm still here. Just frustrated by working too many hours to get under the hood and play...

Let's see - I've been driving my new SSEi about four months now, and I have 23,000 miles on it. The new Michelins already have 20,000, believe it or not.

So, who's going to be the SSEi exhaust guinea pig?
    I laid under the car and did the rough sketch. I was hoping someone else would have reworked his exhaust by now...

I've got an idea on Cold Air. I saw a Mustang the other day with a cold air inlet scoop tucked right in front of the front air dam. We could do something like that, starting right under the left driving light. The oval or rectanglar shaped hose could go back about a foot (maybe less, can't remember) and then take a 90 degree turn and go straight up. From there it could go through a low restriction airbox of some kind (maybe from an LS1 T/A), and then take another 90 into the Throttle Body/Mass Airflow Sensor. I think the results would be simple to construct, and produce very cold, unrestricted airflow. What do you folks think of this concept?
    I had thought of the scoop underneath, but I was concerned with the extra dust that would pick up. You would have to wash the filter weekly.

Headed away for vacation in a week. Hopefully when I get back I can finish my CAI.
    The performance trends section on page 116, has 2 or 3 viable muffler combos... the Midas struck me as the best deal for the $$$. Oct. 2000 issue.
  • rea98drea98d Posts: 982
    By law, the automaker can't void your warranty for exhaust mods unless they can prove the mods screwed something up.
    "Nope, we're not replacing the alternator under warranty because this exhaust system isn't stock."

The modified exhaust system won't be under warranty, and anything (emissions control, ect,) it messes up won't be, but everything else should still be covered.

Just FYI
  • L8_ApexL8_Apex Posts: 187
    In the winter, I had to pick the "packed" snow from my cold air intake on my '87 Mustang. This is something for those of you in Northern climates to consider...
  • I'm new to this site so I don't know if you have talked about this before. I was on the Borla web page and I noticed they had a exhaust kit for the Grand Prix. I wonder if it would fit our Bonnevilles. Is the under body the same or similar?
  • Wife and I love this car, Yrs after 94 they changed the rear spoiler yuk,and Burns Pontiac mechanics in South NJ tried to use it as a their track car as well as their money pit but I put a stop to it by eating some minor repairs during my extnd wrrnty and not takin it in -anywhere- and what do ya know barley a problem since 1995. 72K and no alternater-transmission all the above hd-aches I've read about. Moral-Blame the five course technicians who quite frankly could care less about you coming back every 5 months before calling the car names. There Burns Pontiac Bite Me. Adam:)
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Has anyone recently compared the new Bonneville SE or SLE to a new LeSabre? Both cars interest me, as a turnpike cruiser, and I wonder how the ride, comfort, sound level, power, etc compare. I own a '90 Grand Marquis and hope to trade next year - will consider both of these as well as another Gr Marquis and possibly a Maxima or ideally an I-30 (quite an assortment - can't wait to start driving them). Will probably look for a model 2000 year lease turn-in late next year.
    Sorry the borla exhaust won't fit. Need to do a custom job.
  • I have, I saw a Lesabre in a parking lot the other day and I think it's too round and looks like an old peoples car. The Lesabre has a boat like ride because of it's soft tuned suspension. Now the SE Bonneville, has a tighter suspension and sportier styling, better looking cloth interior,(well I think so anyways :) And still the same roomy interior dimensions as Lesabre. Leather is also available on the SE. If you want an SLE Bonneville, those are even nicer, they have pretty much the same interior content as the SSEI Bonneville, but are a little cheaper, $28,000 (base Price) compared to the SSEI's $32,000 (also base price). Also the seats on the SLE, are a little more cushiony than the SE's, Oh they're comfy :) I sat in an SLE and I noticed the difference between the two's seats immediately. Both Bonneville and Lesabre are well built, and have very low interior sound levels. Hope this helps.
  • If you'd like to know, there are 2 Lesabre trim levels, custom and Limited. Limited is available with leather and standard other goodies like the power drivers seat and such. I don't know what's standard on the Custom, perhaps a trip to Buick.com is in order :)
  • Has everyone gone away? Or Am I missing some big party? I Got some more information for you Tpken, load leveling is standard on both Lesabre and Bonneville. Bonneville SE standards, Foglights are standard on as well as power mirrors, door locks, and windows,cruise control,systems monitor (coolant, oil pressure, battery voltage and parking brake light) Bucket seats with rear air vents, Delco 100 series Cassette AM/FM, Cd player is optional, pollen filter optional, rear seat pass through, note, that is not available on Lesabre, and power passenger seat is standard.
  • Power DRIVER'S seat that is NOT STANDARD