Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Please pardon my interrupting, but I've been wanting to ask all of you a question - would you be interested in having your own space in our Owner's Club section?

What this means is that you would have your own space to have multiple discussions related to your Bonnies. This discussion would be part of it (yet remain here on the Sedans Board), and you will also eventually have the opportunity to have scheduled owners' chats.

Take a look at this link to see what is there already: Owner's Clubs. This will give you an idea of the possibilities.

Let me know what you think. If you are interested, I'll ask KarenS, the Owner's Clubs host, to set up your own Club for you.

(By the way - happy birthday Ken!)

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    many happy returns KEN!

Enjoy your Birthday,

CHUCK
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    I have already considered this. It's an interesting idea in that we could set up separate discussions for things like:
    recommended dealers
    supercharger issues
    modifications and accessories
    problems, recalls and TSB's
    photos of our cars
    Bonneville/Pontiac heritage & reminiscences about GM cars that went like stank
    meet the members - they all seem to have this
    others? (perhaps we should have one on cupholders...)

Of course, this forum would stay - and it would be accessible through both the Owner's Club link and the sedan category. Is that right Pat?

My sole concern is that these individual threads within existing clubs don't seem to be all that active. So, unless we think there's a need to organize our discussions (might be useful for future access - particularly for newbies) and to have separate threads, perhaps we should let it go for now. But, if you guys think you'll participate in some of these other discussions, then hey I'll be there too.
  • jakec1jakec1 Posts: 10
    I have been reading the Bonneville2 forum for a year since I got my 2YK Bonneville. Very entertaining. I love the car and got black because I feel it looks the best of the very limited colors available. The black color was perfect when I bought it but is a [non-permissible content removed] to maintain. I use Meguires products. and hand wash it but it is getting lots of tiny scratches.
    I have been thinking about getting the carbon fiber dash trim to add a little excitement to the monotone dark grey leather interior. Anyone seen or purchased it?
    I agree on the headrests & cup holders-worthless.
    The Bonneville has been perfect so far (7000 mi.) and gets 28+mpg. on the highway. The best mileage was going to Florida 30+ mpg. all interstate. This is my sixth Pontiac and 2nd Bonne. People ask me about it all the time and it seems to be a well kept secret as I seldom see one on the street.
  • ymandjymandj Posts: 10
    I have the same problem with my '96 SE - the voltage will drop down to about 12 volts and then slowly get back. I was never able to replicate it for my mechanic either. Somebody here posted that he spoke to GM and they said this is normal. I doubt it, considering I had to replace 3 batteries in 7 month because car just wouldn't start and I think these problems are related. I hoped that GM fixed this nonsense with failing alternators, but probably they didn't. If you find what the problem is - post it for me please.
  • smfransmfran Posts: 432
    Hi Pat, first I'd like to state that you don't need to excuse yourself for "interrupting". You are the host you know! I agree with iceman. Unless we want to segregate in to individual sub-discussions, I'd rather stay here. I like to have all Bonneville related topics "under one roof". I'm afraid I'd miss some thing if we separate. I do like the scheduled chat idea though.
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    for the good wishes. It was a very low key B-day - that's fine as long as they keep coming!!

On owners' forum: I see this idea being promoted in several of the other forums I subscribe to . My opinion is that for those very active ones like Impala, Maxima, Lincoln LS, this is a good idea. Our forum here is active most days but not super active like those I've just mentioned.

I doubt there would be much posting here if the owners forum is set up and becomes the main posting spot. Personally, I like it better this way because those who have not yet bought a Bonneville ( that was me till January this year ) - or are fans of the car - or are just surfing through cars of interest are more likely to read here in Sedans than an owners forum.

Just my thoughts.

Have a great day all - looking forward to my 400 mile drive to PA Sunday . Going to be a Bonnie Cruise!

Ken
    Yes, this discussion would remain on this board, but it would be accessible from either here or the Owner's Club board. This discussion likely would remain the "main" one.

Yes, you could have - if you want - as few or as many side discussions as any of you might be interested in. If you've looked at other Clubs, one popular topic is pictures - and Karen has lots of advice on how to post your own.

As far as I know, the way to get an "owners' chat" is to get in the Owners Club.

I'm not trying to shove this down your throats or anything, I just can't see any negative side to it. Those of you who want to continue in this discussion as always would see no difference. If others wanted to branch out a bit, the opportunity would be there.

One thing to be aware of - on the Owner's Club Board, you can't create your own separate discussion. All you have to do is ask Karen, and she creates it for you. This actually is an advantage, because the discussion subjects are more orderly and logical than they sometimes can be on our other boards.

I won't push it anymore - if anyone has any questions, just ask, If I don't know the answer I'll find out. Otherwise we'll let it drop.

Later,

Pat
    Host
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    Pat: It's an idea with merit but you must understand that the avg. age of a Bonneville owner is way up there and we're kind of set in our ways. I mean, Ken turned 46 yesterday. Yeesh!

Hey guys - I brought the Bonnie in for its first service today & had to leave it there over night (nothing wrong with the car, just couldn't get bac
    k to the dealership before closing) so they gave me a loaner Aztek for overnight. This is going to stick in your craw Ken - the base Aztek has extendable visors!. Not only that, its 190w Pioneer sound system rocks and puts my SLE's (and even the SSEi's BOSE to shame). What the heck is going on here?

P.S. The dealership had a '00 SSEi demo (6700 miles) for $36,000 CDN ($1 CDN = $0.65 US)
    Watch it with that "way up there" comment!! To some that age is a pleasant (and not YET distant!!) memory.

:-)

Pat
    Host
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    Saw a 6000 mile black SSEi with ALL options for 25 grand here in the midwest. Anyone need one I can email you the specs and location... seemed reasonable. Good birthday present (day late) for someone.
  • tlc125tlc125 Posts: 14
    Sorry about that last attempt at posting. I'm curious as to whether the 2002 model year is really the end for the Boneville. Has GM made any announcement about this, or is it a nasty rumor? If it's true, will they replace it with another "big" car?

I had even heard rumors that the Aurora would come over and replace the Bonny. But THEN I heard rumors that GM is discontinuing the 3.5 Shortstar engine.

I'm so confused! Any clarification would help!
    Thanks.
    for a marathon hike out to the driveway to see that spiffy Bonneville. Now that I'm OLD, I just can't seem to remember things any more - anyone seen my trifocals? You young whippersnappers - just you wait - you'll thank your lucky stars for geritol! Got to go eat my prunes now.

LOL

Ken (counted 5 grays this morning!)

P.S. When I go pick up my Pontiac at the dealer today, I will try to rip off on of those Aztec visors if I can muster the strength in these ancient biceps!
    Pat - the flags are great! Super Idea.

Now perhaps an hour glass to designate decades lived!

Ken
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Happy Birthday buddy!!!

Are you celebrating your B-day behind the wheel of your Bonneville SE on an open stretch of highway and your favorite CD?? (And good company?)

Claudio::: Glad to have a participant from Mexico. I am hispanic myself (Born in Colombia many moons ago)so it is nice to also gain some perspective and insight from fellow GM owners South of the Border...

Do you know any 2000 Impala owners that currently reside in Mexico?

Again, welcome!
    Thanks for the good wishes, Frank.

Resuming my monthly biz trips to PA next week. Driving the 400 miles from Maine in the Bonneville is something I have been chomping at the bit to do since I picked her up in Jan. Looks like clear sailing weather wise and I'll have the new rear window installed as of today so I'll check out the defroster/radio interference situation - should be fine now. Also got that missing rear seat belt installed - all under warranty.

The dealer called yesterday to say the car needed to stay overnight since he didn't have the window molding - and he offered me a rental car to use - along with apologies. I was impressed! Didn't need the car though - borrowing my mother-in-law's Coupe DeVille for my 100 mile round-trip commute. She has 44K on a blue 88! Needed a good run I'd say!

Take care buddy

Ken
    Shall I e-mail my address? You can have my gift shipped here anytime!

Sorry for the multitude of postings - I'll be quiet and listen now!

Ken
    now THAT's a scary thought. :-)

Pat
    Host
  • zzahhzzahh Posts: 47
    Success comes not with age and your grey hairs, but rather with the number of grey hairs you can make appear on passengers with pure exceleration and g-forces. At 43 going on 20, I find thee SSE without the i uninspirational. Call me immature, I can take it.