Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

I just purchased a 2010 Santa Fe Limited AWD. Got a good deal. Looked at Land Rover LR2 but decided that the Santa Fe had better realiability and warranty. Had it for a week. Drives like a dream. I am only disappointed that it didn't have an Infinity Audio system in it. Would like to hear any comments about the 2010 Santa Fe.

Comments

• rick2456rick2456 Posts: 320
    I have the 07 SE AWD and love it. No major problems and the minor ones were easily taken care of by the dealer. Enjoy yours, as I am enjoying mine.
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    Did you drive a 2009 Santa Fe?

I was wondering if the 2010 is noticeably better.

I have tested the 2009 but have not tried the 2010 - the prices on the 2009 are $4K less - (counting the $2,500 rebate).

Is the 2010 worth the extra $?
  • Yes I drove the 2009. The 2010 has a new engine which i thought was a bit quieter and alot more smoother. Its a joy to drive. Plus they gave me $3000 off the sticker. ( I bought it on the last day of January which they probably needed a sale to make their quota or whatever) The 2009 doesn't have a backup camera. The only disappointment I have is that the 2010 doesn't have the 10 speaker Infinity Audio system like the 09's as an option. It comes with six speakers and a sub which aren't that great sounding. I plan on changing the speakers at some point.
  • Looking to buy a new 2010 Santa Fe Limited, but a dealer told me that due to the computer chip, it is not possible to install DRL on the US version of this vehicle. Can anyone confirm or refute this claim?

I know with Fords, the DRLs can be switched on at the dealer by tapping into the onboard computer.

Also, any comments on the headroom in the front for a 6'3" person.

Thanks in advance
  • luvwowluvwow Posts: 11
    my husband and I tested both 2010 santa fe and 2010 tuscan he is six foot and he complained his hair was hitting the roof in the santa fe but not the tuscan nor in the 2010 kia sorento. I was told the 2010 santa fe has stadium seating in the car my headroom was not good while in the second row driving out of the dealer lot. I am 5'6.

good luck shopping
    fin
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    I'm assuming you mean "Tucson"....???? Having lived there am always amazed how it's spelling gets butchered...... :confuse:
    edited February 2010
    Bought the 2010 Santa Fe AWD so far we like it -

But one issue bugs me -

This has happened 2 times - take the car on a short trip - turn engine off -

When the engine is restarted we hear a strange CLICK and can feel a slight bump / vibration - almost like someone kicked the back bumper.

I have no idea what this could be - but wish it would either stop doing it or do it all the time so we could figure out what it is.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?
  • That vibration is the self-test for the ABS system. Happens each time you start your car and begin moving. All Santa Fe's do it - it is supposed to be that way. Don't worry about. :-)
  • I'm in VT where Subaru Outbacks reign supreme but we've been giving the Santa Fe a lot of thought. We'll save a lot of $$$ plus it has a softer road feel on the interstate than the Outback. Our problem is the last half mile to our our is an old logging trail on the side of a mountain. Sometimes it takes a while for our plow guy to catch up to us. I know the Santa Fe has the all wheel drive button that will lock me into AWD under 21 MPH (is that right?)... the question is... will it consistently get me up a snowy steep hill? My Highlander doesn't have sufficient ground clearance. If we end up sliding off the road... it's a long way down a steep embankment to the river below unless of course we're "fortunate enough" to hit a tree on the way down! So... I can't afford to make a mistake here. Anybody out there with experience in very snowy areas?
    I have had the vehicle 2 weeks - put on about 700 miles - had the vibration (if I can even call it a vibration) only 2 times - both times when I first start the engine - before I put it in gear.

I read something about the ABS test on another site - mine seems a little different.

Thanks for the reply.

The V6 in the 2010 is sweet - 6 speed transmission is so smooth -

Can't hardly wait until I get a few more miles on it - don't like to keep a new engine at high RPMs for very long -
  • That is right. Push the button and it will get you up any snowy hill. I have used it in two snow storms here in RI. Plus I like the high ground clearance, I just went through a foot of water no problem. Oh by the way I am originally from Bristol, VT. Not many Hyundais there just Subaru's.
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    Anyone know when the 2011 with the redesigned engines/better gas mileage and bluetooth/usb standard will go on sale? Or am I confused and these new engines with better gas mileage and the bluetooth control on the steering wheel already in the 2010 model???
  • navyscponavyscpo Posts: 20
    The 2010 Santa Fe has all that what you asked. I have had one for 1 month now and really love it.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 371
    I was wondering if there might be a radical styling change such as the changes made to the 2010 Tucson. Would love to see a more cockpit feel to the front driver seat, a panoramic sunroof, and more legroom in the second row seats. My wife and I may be looking to trade in a 2004 Mountaineer in 2011 or 2012 and with the prices of vehicles becoming more and more ridiculous that's about all it would take to get me to spend 30K for a Hyundai. $30,000 is almost becoming the low end for a reasonably sized crossover. The Tucson is beautiful but too small. We love the Equinox and Ford Edge as well, but the Edge would easily run $36,000 for the similar options you could get on the Santa Fe. An Equinox might be around $33,000. We will have our youngest in college in the fall of 2011 and will need to cut some costs.
  • jack102jack102 Posts: 4
    What happened to the dual exhuast outlets that are shown on other countries models?
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone who has purchased a 2010 Santa Fe with an automatic transmission noticed any whining sounds at low speed 5mph to 15mp in first and second gears,
    then it becomes less noticeable in third gear?
  • glucoseglucose Posts: 10
    I was sold on this vehicle, was told by other owners and dealership salespeople how this is a glass smooth vehicle. However when driving on the highway vibration is felt in the front end and you can feel it in the steering wheel, and sometimes in the gas pedal. It's smooth riding up until 105 km/hr , my husband also noticed that the speedometer reading is off by 8km so if Im driving 120 the gps says 112km/hr. This vehicle has been back to the dealership 4 times and the service manager cannot detect this annoying vibration. The tires have balanced and drive shaft changed but the vibration is still there. I called Hyundai Canada and was told in a a not so nice manner "that's how these SUV s drive" Is this really how Santa Fe drives?
    Turn the headlights on. Leave them on then turn the vehicle off they will go out by themself after a short time. The battery protection system turns off the lights. Then when you restart the vehicle the lights will come on. I do this because of the DRL issue.
  • drtechdrtech Posts: 2
    Thanks jack102

Bought the 2010 Santa Fe Ltd and love it. I took it to a local shop and they installed a $40 module for an hour's labor.
  • So has anyone out there actually bought a Santa Fe with the new base 4-cylinder engine? Everytime I see a review of the 2010 model, it's always with the V6. Has the 4 cyl been able to handle the SUV's weight? Would love to hear some feedback. I'm thinking of getting a Santa Fe. The new V6 with 270hp seems a bit overkill though, while I wonder if the 4 cyl is going to be too underpowered.