Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Ford Fusion Brakes

2»

Comments

• "Trans seems great now, they re programmed the trans"
    Is there a TSB on the transmission? my 2010 SEL hits 2nd gear a little harsh.
    Sorry about jumping to conclusions but you were new to the forum and we are paranoid :sick:
  • There is a TSB on the transmission. I can look tomorrow at the paper work and give you the TSB number if you want....
    As for the brakes, they have been cleaned and replaced... neither with has improved the problem The brakes are intermittently working great and time to time real weak. Not sure what is going on... I'm going to give it the weekend before heading back to the dealer...
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    " The brakes are intermittently working great and time to time real weak."

That sounds more like a faulty booster or a faulty ABS computer to me.
  • agreed... still no answer to solve the braking problem Its goin back this week after the snow storm... i need my AWD to plow through the 10 inches we've got comin tonight/tomorrow
  • When I had my 2010 Fusion SE in for another warranty issue, the service consultant said that the brakes are electronically controlled and not directly connected to the booster similar to the hybrid brakes. I haven't checked into this, but if it's the case, maybe there's a programming issue for gas only Fusions that's available. I've had no brake issues with mine....yet. It may be worth asking the service people if the brake pedal is in fact not connected to the booster/master cylinder. These new cars have so much technology in them is scary.
  • When I had my 2010 Fusion SE in for another warranty issue, the service consultant said that the brakes are electronically controlled and not directly connected to the booster similar to the hybrid brakes. I haven't checked into this, but if it's the case, maybe there's a programming issue for gas only Fusions that's available. I've had no brake issues with mine....yet. It may be worth asking the service people if the brake pedal is in fact not connected to the booster/master cylinder. These new cars have so much technology in them is scary.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    The pedal is connected to the hydraulic brakes directly if the pedal is fully depressed. You always have mechanical brakes, even on the hybrid.
  • never took the fusion in... we had 10 inches of snow yesterday and i needed the AWD to get to where i was goin...

wouldnt ya know... after the snow the brakes are working perfect. Maybe they did need a really good cleaning?? The snow was past my bumpers at times so the brakes got quite a bit of snow in them to clean them... I'll keep an eye on it.

I must say that the AWD is amazing! i did get "stuck" once because the driver (me) backed over the snow bank about 2 feet tall... oops. I just rocked it and all 4 wheels pulled me right off the mound... amazing! Ok im done bragging now...
  • " amazing! Ok im done bragging now"

I am glad you still like your Fusion after the trouble you have had. Yours seems to have more trouble than most. If you do get a chance to see if there is a TSB for the transmission flash I love to know what it is. Thanks again
  • Hey I have a 2010 ford fusion se with the v6 and 9000 miles. I am having the same problem with my brakes feeling like they have 50% power most of the time and then other times they work perfect.

Had it at the dealer and when I dropped it off I rode with a service tech to make sure he experienced the same thing I was and he agreed there was something wrong. Once they looked it over they couldnt really figure it out and made it where now it only loses braking power sometimes.

It is still acting up and looking to take it back to the dealer.

Did you ever get yours fixed so you had no braking problems and what was the fix?
  • fenderman2fenderman2 Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    Jerseykid, have you solved the brake issue? I have the same problem with my 2011 and dealer tech agrees. A new 2011 fusion on the lot has the same issue. This not not NORMAL operation. There is not enough friction to lock the wheels so as to engage the ABS. Driving this car is dangerous. Everyone with this issue please file a complaint with the NHTSA here https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm
    I have already filed a complaint which can be seen here http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm?odi_ids=10407265&SearchType=- QuickSearch&summary=true&refurl=email
    Thanks
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    I haven't had problems stopping my 2010 Sport, but did have a hanging left rear caliper. I replaced the pads with EBC pads, and this sucker STOPS!

Only drawback of these pads is the brake dust gets all over the wheels, but I would much rather have dirty wheels and excellent brakes than clean wheels and mediocre brakes.

I do however have similar braking problems in my Flex EB. Sometimes you step on the brake while going slow and it doesn't feel like it will stop. The pedal will also travel to the floor if you press hard enough.
2»