Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011-12 Optima

Comments

• dash5dash5 Posts: 417
    Anyone in the NJ area know of any dealers who have one to look at? The few I called by me have none yet.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,602
    well, I stopped in Cherry Hill Monday (or might have been tuesday) , and they did not have any yet, but expect some in this week.

should be out soon.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• After patiently waiting for 2 months, a sexy, Dark Cherry EX 2.4 with the Tech package arrived at my local dealership last week. After the test drive, I decided on a EX Turbo with the Premium package. The salesman was a jerk--- he knew nothing about the car, said the price would be $32k for the EX Turbo and wanted a cash deposit in order to find one for me. I was livid!! I walked out and called another dealer who claimed to be able to get a Dark Cherry EX 2.4 with the Tech and Premium packages. He has a black one on the lot at present. But I'm not certain he's being honest because after chatting with the Kia Corporate office, I learned the following info:
    a. The EX Turbo will hit showroom floors in mid January 2011
    b. The SX and SX Turbo- in February 2011
    c. The Hybrid - in March 2011.
    I would have liked to purchase it as a X-mas gift to myself, but now I guess I'll have to wait. I think Kias are awesome due to purchasing a new 2004 Optima EX V6. fully loaded. It was a great car.
  • James Kia in Flemington on RT 202 has an LX and an EX in stock. Burlington, Cherry Hill and Turnersville are all getting them by the middle of next week.
  • cars.com is now loaded with 2011 Optimas. It is the best looking vehicle offered by Hyundai/Kia today. Blows away the Sonota IMHO.

891 new 2011s on cars.com tonight.

Cars.com
  • Thanks for the info. I'm in Georgia. Will the NJ dealer do a swap?
  • Thank for the info and I totally agree! The Optima= Coke; the Sonata= Diet Coke. Bring on the caffeine!!!
  • The dealer in NJ now has 6 in stock, 3 each of LX and EX. According to cars.com, his inventory is practically the only in the entire northeast, cause it was the only thing that came up within 150 miles of Philly.

There is much inventory currently in NC, according to cars.com. The other dealers in NJ should be receiving their initial spoon fed inventory this week. If the dealers treat it like the original Sonata inventory, they will only receive a little at a time and they will be stingy with trading and probably stingy with discounting.

It iritates me because I have been offered a Sonata Limited Turbo from 2 different dealers at 1900 and 2000 below invoice and I have a feeling I'm going to love the Optima once I get behind the wheel. I wanted to pull the trigger before the end of the year, but I know no dealer is going to discount it low enough for me.
    http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1012_2011_kia_optima_sx/index.html

"In an alternate universe, we're tearing through the blissfully serpentine asphalt twisting through Topanga Canyon outside of Los Angeles; a pull of the steering wheel paddle shifter drops the transmission into second before we enter a sweeping corner. Hard on the brakes, and then back into throttle to power out; we're now three-up in the new turbocharged 2011 Kia Optima SX, and quickly bearing down upon a BMW 5 Series. Sound like a dream? Hardly: the Optima SX hungrily devours challenging corners, and its turbocharged engine backs up its good looks with plenty of bite. "
    http://www.insideline.com/kia/optima/2011/2011-hyundai-sonata-vs-2011-kia-optima- -comparison-test.html

"We often see comparison tests like this one produce point spreads in the five-to-10-point range. With a commanding 16.3-point margin of victory over the reigning champ, the Kia Optima EX beat the 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS at its own game; proving that it is a truly a car worth your consideration — just like the 2011 Hyundai Sonata did when it was introduced

Our clever scheme to compare the same car with different wrappers became a rather significant victory for one and a bit of a black eye for the other. It turns out there are enough differences in content, execution and dynamics to declare the Optima EX a completely different — and better — car than the Sonata GLS."
    A good review along with a video:

[url=http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/DRIVING-NORTHWEST--112017869.htm- l]DRIVING NORTHWEST: 2011 Kia Optima | KING5.com | Seattle Featured Video on Demand[/url]

[quote]If the competition doesn’t see Optima as a threat, they have their eyes shut and fingers in their ears. At a much lower transaction price it includes features not even available on Accord, Camry and Altima. Kia’s combination of design, performance, efficiency and value put Optima in a class by itself. [/quote]
  • more value for less price is indeed the Kia way, man. That is one thing that enamors me to the brand. One could also bring up the generous Long-Haul Warranty for another reason, and great Kia body styles as another.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    http://drivencarreviews.com/?p=3594

If the competition doesn’t see Optima as a threat, they have their eyes shut and fingers in their ears. At a much lower transaction price it includes features not even available on Accord, Camry and Altima. Kia’s combination of design, performance, efficiency and value put Optima in a class by itself.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    good news for US consumers, Kia stepped up Optima production in November with 7,580 units for export compared to 5,762 in Oct and 1,780 in Sept.
  • Bought the EX with premium package just over a week ago and already have over a 1000 miles on it, work car. I was going to wait on EX with Turbo but needed to buy now so couldn't wait. So far averaging just under 28 MPG in mixed driving and between 32 - 35 MPG on highway. Obviously with amount of miles I put on the car this was very important to me. Car drives great and I am getting a lot of compliments.
  • I plan to purchase tommorrow- Ex with Premium package. How much did you pay, if I may ask?
  • $23,745 before T,T, & L
  • sbwawsbwaw Posts: 3
    Couyon,
    The premium package has a power passenger seat, right? If so, does it allow for height adjustment? I don't think the Sonata does--and the passenger seat seems very low for shorter people due to the high windows/beltline.

Thanks,
    MB
  • The passenger seat has 4 way adjustment so not height adjustable. My wife is 5ft 3 and has not complained about the height though. when we test drove the sonata she did mention that she found it low so maybe the optima is set a little higher. I was concerned when we read the reviews of complaints about seat comfort but so far we both find the car seats to be comfortable, more so than our test drive of the Sonata. longest drive so far has been hour and half so maybe on longer drives it is an issue.