Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• day9day9 Posts: 57
    Thanks, Brem. To me, I have always want to drive a Caddy and I suspect its build quality will be better.
    Thanks, geo.
  • I have a 1983 Cadillac Coupe de Ville with the 4100 motor. Whenever I get up to around 45-55 mph, my Service Soon Light comes on. When I put the car into "diagnostic" mode, I get a trouble code #39. I have a Caddy Manual that says this code means a "torque converter clutch engagement" problem. My question is: can I reach this TCC solenoid without having to drop the transmission or is the TCC located inside the tranny?
  • Yes you are correct the performance and build quality in a Cadillac will be better. With a budget of $ 22,000 you can probably find a 2003-04 with reasonably low miles and in good condition. I have considered a Grand Marque only in that I will only use for local driving, won't put many miles on it and the incredibly low price for a 2005 large sedan with a v8 engine and very high safety ratings. I have never owned a rear wheel drive car and as you may know the Grand Marque is rear wheel drive. Best wishes and when you find the car let us know about it.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    yes, I think it is in the transmission. My FWD Seville needed one, which involved removal of the engine to get to the transmission. Your RWD should be much easier to repair.
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    A couple months ago whatever was hanging up the seat and reducing the legroom released and the seat actually goes back farther which makes the car more comfortable to drive. Mileage continues to get better, last week after filling up and doing some highway driving the mileage was over 30 mpg. Just getting broken in at 41,000 miles.
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    Actually in southern Indiana for about that same $22,000 you can buy a one to two year old Cadillac Deville with less than 18,000 miles in top notch shape with lots of time and miles on the warranty. Check it out in your area.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Yep, those ex-rental base Deville 2005 sedans are all over my area for about $22,000 and less than 20,000 miles.
    Thanks. Also i don't know if it is just me that I feel the 2005 looks better than the 2006 DTS.
  • I saw a 2006 DTS in Gold today, in my opinion it is a more attractive car by a small margin than my 2004 Deville in light bronze mist(same appearance as the 2005) but not by a large margin. I owned a 1998 in Gold and I also liked the appearance better than my 2004. The 2004 is a little smaller but has a slightly larger wheel base than the 98.
    The 2004 is also a very attractive car so may just be a matter of personal preference.
    Your 2004 is on a different platform than the 98 was, a stiffer platform. The 2006 is an upgraded but much the same platform as the 2005 DeVille, which was on the new platform in model year 2000.
  • Please see my previous posts for background. I went for a routine oil change today (4 months 3,500 miles). I mentioned to the technician that the car had been repaired with an oil filter adapter gasket. I watched as they put the car on the lift and went underneath with the technician. To my surprise. same type of leak! Since I had an appointment I let the technician do the oil change but now have to decide how to deal with the Cadillac/ GM dealership. The car was bought from a highly regarded independent used car dealer in my community (same location and family ownership 35 years). It is still on original warranty through July of 2007. In that the GM dealership has never resolved any problem presented to them, I now need to get tough. The car has had two previous visits for the oil leak and three visits for a quirky cruise neither problem resolved after five visits (three for cruise and two for oil leak). I am prepared to live with the quirky cruise control but the oil leak while just a drop or two could be a problem when trying to negotiate a trade in, not to mention the stains on driveways and garage floor.
    MY QUESTION IS: How can I get tough and get results? I will get in touch with my state attorney generals office, consumer protection unit, GM corporate, and perhaps the owner of the dealership who tends not to like getting involved with customers. Do any of you other owners have suggestions as to how to get maximum results in a minimum of time spent? All responses appreciated.
    I don't know, but it seems to me that you will have to go back to the selling dealer with regard to any lemon law difficulty that you are having with the car. Certainly the Cadillac dealer did not sell you the car, so they are not responsible, and really don't have to do the warranty work either as the original dealership should be held responsible for that.

Your oil leak might be elsewhere, I don't know. My Aurora had an oil leak on a valve cover.
  • I spoke with Cadillac today and they opened what they referred to as a case file and called the local Cadillac dealer and made an appointment for me to go in and get the matter taken care of. In addition they promised to keep the file open until the matter is resolved. They went through a detailed interview process to gather the information regarding the oil leak. I don't know what the outcome will be but we will have to wait and see. They didn't even ask who I bought the car from so long as it is under warranty, I am covered. I have not checked with my state consumer protection agency yet regarding lemon laws here, hopefully it will not go that far. I suspect we would try to resolve the issue at the next nearest dealership if not resolved at the local Cadillac dealer.
    Well I hope that you will give your Cadillac dealer enough time to work on the problems until he either fixes them or gives up. You seem to feel that your time is much too valuable to spend getting your car fixed.

As long as your car is under warranty, the Cadillac division of GM is required to provide service; however, the dealer that sold the car new, or used, is the one who should provide the service. That does not mean however, that other dealers can't provide service.

The lemon law varies from state to state and you will probably need a lawyer if you want a refund. A "lemon law" search on the internet will provide some information.
  • Please reread your post 2052 in which you said "to bad your to busy to enjoy life" And I said in post 2053 " I am busy enjoying life and sitting around a dealership is not for me what is enjoyment" I will spend the time at the dealership if I have to but there are more fun things to do with my time. Considering that this will be my third visit am hoping that the matter will be resolved this time
    but will spend what ever time I need to resolve the repair.
    My only response is for you to look at your post # 1625. :(
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    no need to make things personal ...

:confuse:
  • THANK YOU! I totally agree. I have tried to keep my posts about the car, the company and any issues in this regard. I hope you will continue to monitor this page even though it is only a small minority of the posts that get personal
    and in my opinion counter productive. I will also monitor my posts to practice what I preach.