Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• I have a standard 2005 Deville and the car does not have a sensor. I don't think any of the
    2005's had this. I know it's on the 2006 DTS.
  • The owner's manual for my 2005 Deville says to change the seat cushion filter at 25,000 miles. I cannot find any other reference to the seat cushion filter in the manual. Where is it? How do you change it (assuming it's not simple)?
  • luigiluigi Posts: 1
    I am the second owner of a 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville Phaeton D'elegance. This is a very rare car. The original owner ordered the cadillac with the phaeton package (a cloth/canvas fake convertible looking top) and the d'elegance package (leather seats w/a type of velour padding). The front seats are 50/50 and it has shag carpeting. The car is light blue interior, light blue exterior, and a dark blue ragtop. This woman took very very good care of this car. She kept it garaged and serviced it only at cadillac. From a 1 to 10 scale, this car was a 9.5. There were a couple of spots that needed to be fixed but it was very minor.

Recently, the car was demolished by a person who thought he knew how to drive. What I need to do now is find the "fair market value" of my car because my insurance said that if they can't find anything on it, they'll just go by blue book value. Blue book value is only $3500.00 which I know my car is worth more than that. I have searched the internet and called everywhere I can think of and can not find any information. The problem I am having is, it was rare for the 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville to have both of these packages at that time. I was told that it was a fake because it was never made with both, but I called the Cadillac dealer where it was purchased and from what they say it is original. They just can't give me any more information on it.

Does anyone have any information on this? If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it. You can email me at dcross572@verizon.net

Attached are a few pictures of the car before and after. I'm not sure if they'll work, so if any one is interested in seeing them, email me and I will send them to you.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Luigi

• bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I really can't help you much. But I do know that for at least the last 10 years or so, all the 'fake convertible' roofs are not a standard Cadillac option. These are 'after market' items, put on a car after they arrive at the dealer.

I don't know if on your 1979 Cadillac it was a stock item.

I think you should 'google' for LaSalle/Cadillac online sites. These people on there have interest in older cars and could give you more guidance. I'm not even sure I've spelled LaSalle correctly. But, off to google you should go.
  • i have a 2002 caddilac deville which i bought used i now have 100,000 miles on it so i did a tune up on it myself new fuel filter,plugs,and even o2 sensors. i also run mobile one full synthetic oil. ive noticed on the highway ive reached 24.5 mpg which is good but if the car sits and its cold out but mostly noticed in cold weather it drops concideriably down to 14.5 or 15.0 i do understand when its cold u would see more fuel dump but seems like its massive loss i was hoping maybe i would lose some mpg but not much.no lights or check engine things have came on i take really good care of my stuff i even poped in a fram air hog which has been nice i can tell its worked beter than K@N but is there somethin iam missing or is this normal iam in the north east snow belt area so .maybe its software issue but i wuld love anyone who could add some tips maybe or if this is just normal thanks !
  • Has anyone felt pulling to right side mostly on there deville with traction control is this normal?
  • Did anyone figure out what the starting problem is? I've got the same thing going on with my 01 Seville. Twice a week, I'll turn the key, and nothing!! A few minutes later, turn the key, and no problem! Dealer put in a new ingition switch, ($500.00) and no improvement. Help!
  • 04cad04cad Posts: 131
    Does this happen after the vehicle has been driven for a while and good and warmed up? If so it could be a starter motor and/or solenoid issue. Often when the engine cools enough the starter/solenoid will work okay. If so that may be pricey also since the starter I believe is under the intake on the Northstars. Good luck
  • I have a 2001 Deville. I have had five window regulators to break. I believe this is a defect in workmanship. General Motors has replaced four but refused to do anything else. I have asked them since 2003 to check this part because I believe a defect is in the regulator. The last regulator I purchased and installed myself, I found that there is a plastic part that is causing the problem. I am getting rid of all my GM products. I will never purchase another Cadillac. VIN # 1G6KD54Y21U254381.
    I am sorry you are having problems with your 2001 Deville. Perhaps a different dealer could help you with your problem. I believe most window regulators are made outside of the US now and that may or may not have a bearing on this problem. If you check the forums for other brands you may find that GM isn't the only one with quality/durability issues. I hope you will visit a different dealer and or try contacting your regional GM Cadillac rep. to discuss this if you haven't already. GM needs all the good, repeat customers it can have and it would be a shame to drive something different because of one bad experience. Good luck.
  • I own a 2004 Deville and have not had the problem you mention. I certainly sympathize with you in your frustration
    in that in the few minor problems I have had with my 2004 I found it hard to get timely solutions. I suspect that many car companies are like this which is of course not fair or ethical to the customer. If you do buy another brand please
    post here as I always keep an open mind as to how to find the best product for money spent. Many thanks for sharing this issue with us and I hope you will eventually succeed in getting the matter resolved. If your really frustrated try writing a letter to the President of the Cadillac division or for that matter the President of General Motors. I have heard of people getting solid results with this approach. If you do write be sure to send by certified mail, return receipt requested, think that will greatly increase your chances of a timely and helpful response. Please keep us informed and best wishes for a successful outcome.
  • I bought a 2003 deville about 6 months ago. I have the dual climate control for passengers and the driver. The fan in the rear of the car works fine. The fan in the front of the car seems to work whenever it wants. It might work fine for a couple of weeks and then just quit. When I switch modes(defrost, vent, floor)it sounds like they are switching but still no air comes out. Any information would be appreciated.
    Hi, I think you provided me with a list of online dealers who discount GM factory backed extended warranties in 05, unfortunately I have since lost the contact information. If you still have the list available I would appreciate having it again. thanks in advance.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    o4........... http://www.gmoutlet.com

Let me warn you Caddy GMPP plans are PRICEY !!!!
    Been checking on one for my 03 Deville w/41k miles
    Around $2500 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The price for my 04 Chevy 2500 4x4 truck (same time
    and miles).............$800 bucks !!!!!!!

But in my experience (my 90 and 96 Caddies bought new
    and traded with 100k plus miles) I would of wasted my
    money!!!!!!!!!

Now with the trucks........GMPP would of taken a beating!!
    But to be fair I heavy tow and snowplow as well as beat the snot out of them.
    But yet again I don't hesitate to pound on that screamin'
    Northstar either !
    Thanks for the help. If we put a lot of miles on in a hurry the extended warranty probably isn't worth it, but we don't put that many miles on each year and time has a way of causing problems even with fairly low miles and now one transmission replacement would repay the ins. cost. With all the electronics on the new ones, it is really cheap peace of mind. I will try not to lose the contact info. this time.
  • vicgoovicgoo Posts: 11
    I have a 1989 deville with service eng soon lite on,sets code E40 power steering sensor.I changed the sensor for leaking but the light still comes on at freeway speeds only.When i slow down to a stop and turn the wheel it goes out.I did the switch tests and passed test 78-p/s sw.If i drive the car in traffic it will not come on.Any advice?
  • blur2blur2 Posts: 2
    well this may sound stupid but i have worked on tons of cars and my Haynes book says the under hood fuse panel is either on the fender or the firewall and i know i'm not blind cause i had my wife check too and we can find the dang panel theres a bunch of wires comming from the firewall in a wire sheathing about 1 1/2 inches thick i followed it around and nothing it splits off to everything under the hood and goes to the battery i haven't seen any car like this?
  • blur2blur2 Posts: 2
    may sound a bit odd but your pump may be wearing out cause at higher engine speeds there is more pressure and with a pump just starting to wear out it'll show signs at the higher engine speeds cause of higher pressures and as it gets worse will affect the lower speeds. they do sell kits to replace the seals in the p/s pump so might try that way over full replacement generally cheaper.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    Ask over at http://www.caddyinfo.com

Thats where the Caddy gurus are !
    Our 2005 Deville has the service air bag light on for the second time in about two months. What is the usual cause and remedy for this problem? Is this a common issue with the 2005's? thanks