Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Well, I don't think a 1/4 roof is anything 'stock'. This was added by some after-market outfit. All the 'vinyl roofs' on later model Cadillacs are after-market, these do not come as a Cadillac 'stock' item. I would guess the material is somewhat like all 'vinyl' roof material, and cleaners and 'dressings' found in auto part houses could be used.
  • If you are spending that much for a regulator, then you are getting jerked. I bought my drivers side regulator with motor for 36 bucks brand new on eBay over 2 years ago, took it over to pep-boys and for about $40 they installed it. So, I got everything fixed for under $100 and for the past two years I have had no problems and I use the regulator several times a day. Stay away from the dealers, unless you have a power train warranty that covers all repairs for $0. Only a fool goes to a dealer for out of pocket repairs.
    :P
  • This is a very sad state of affairs. Cadillac stopped making the Full Size American Luxury Car that has a V8.

The last Full Size Caddy was the 2011 DTS (Deville Touring Sadan). Now they only make these cheezy small euro looking sports trash, i.e CTS, XTS, ATS, they may say Cadillac. But, they are not Caddies, too small and they look like hell!

GM must be out of their minds to take the Deville/DTS off their lineup. The DTS was their flagship car. Now the American Dream is gone. Even Lincoln took the Towncar off their lineup.

I belong to several large Cadillac forums and 1000's upon 1000's of Caddy lovers are sick and heartbroken over the end of Cadillac as we once knew it. When you saw a Caddy driving down the street, you could see it was a Caddy a mile away. All these new cars that Cadillac is making look like every other car. How can a limo be made and feel roomy if it's an XTS, etc;?

I have an 01' Deville that I try to keep in the best condition possible, I even put a brand new tranny into it. There is nothing left that is large, plush, powerful and comfortable like a Deville...NOTHING!

So, when I'm forced to get a "new" Caddy, it will be a 2011 DTS. But after that, then what? GM made a huge mistake taking the DTS off their lineup. So, that's it folks, Cadillac threw in the towel and are just making cars, not CADDIES.

So, take good care of your DTS/Deville. Everything else they make is garbage, I'm sure millions will agree. If GM did some real research, they would find they made a horrible mistake by removing the Deville.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
  • jaber_aljaber_al Posts: 1
    Hi All, I bought 2003 cadilac DTS from Japan, but the info screen in the dashboard is in Japanese, how do i change to English!, the navigation screen is changed to crap one, does not work with the steering commands, like volume ,etc. I thought i can change from the navigation screen but it is not OEM, help how can i do it without it !
  • have a '05 deville with 95K. has always been maintained @dealer. had service (LOF) and front brake pads installed 2 wks. ago...today driving 35mph the "ser. eng. soon" light came on engine hesitated for a second, i sped up and @ 42mph. the transmission made a noticale shift. that i have never had before (tranny was always smmoth as silk). Light still on and not. shift @42mph. Taking back to dealer nxt. wk. could this big a big tranny issue??? $$?
  • got my answer today.two codes came up at dealership 1)TCC solenoid not working. 2)clutch pressure control solenoid not working. bottom line parts and Labor $985., orig. was $1285, spoke with ser. mgr. , review ed my history of service business with dealership and dropped price (waived 2 hrs. of labor time. I have now spend $1292. ytd on vehicle, am wondering if it is time to bail out, but I really like the vehicle?
  • Sarah please see my tranny issues posted 2632.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Hi chrisptown1,

I know how disheartening vehicle repairs can be. It looks like the dealer handled the situation suitably, and I am happy that they did acknowledge your customer loyalty when considering your final repair costs. We are here if you have any vehicle issues or concerns in the future-- please reach out to us.

Kind Regards

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • latest issue, after transmission porblem in apr. (2 solenoids repl.), have 105k on deville and noise underneath right side a clunking sound when you slow down then give it the gas, doesn't happen all the time.//new tranny issue?? driveshaft???? motor mount.??? no one wants to say!. have not taken it to deaer. :mad: