Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• Cadillac Roadside replaced my battery and Positive cable last week (under warranty, of course) The tech told me that sometimes the factory overtightens the positive retaining bolt going into the side of the battery causing it to puncture the wall and subsequently leak acid. It is the two copper rings one on the battery and one on the cable, that make the connection. Eventually, the corrosion destroys the lead and the battery dies.

I have to say, the tech diagnosed this immeadeitly and took care of the whole thing in under an hour in my driveway.

Gotta love Roadside assistance!
  • I used to be concerned about "oil dissapearance" on my 2000 Deville, but read on this board to let the stick get to midway between the add/fill line by itself, and then keep an eye on it. It never went any lower before the usual 4000 mi oil change, and I guess that's where it sinks to and just stays there.
  • tamcotamco Posts: 40
    Aunt Nina's car is a great low milage perfect 1999 DeV....hovever, do yourself a BIG favor. Before you buy it DRIVE the new model...2000 or 2001 Deville. Trust me on this one, please. You will be amazed at the diference between the cars. For a few thousand more now, tho stretch, you be about to enjoy the best Cadillac ever, and not be buying another for years...Robin, even Shop for a new 2000 DeV they are discounting now Please, drive a new model before buying Aunt Nina beauty. I been driving Cadillac all my life. Others may want to add their comments to mine. What say, fellas? TAMCO
  • We have over 10,000 miles (trouble free)on our 2000 DTS. Great car. Agree with Tamco
  • This aint your father's Cadillac...Big, tight, quiet, performance, fit & finish! Go for the 2000 or '01 if u can swing it. ...Its a new breed.
  • I WILL drive a 2000. I'll be getting the final payoff amount she wants this week. I'll look at the new ones too and see what the $$$ difference is.

Sounds like the 2000 is a MUCH better car. Maybe thats why its such great deal?

thanks to all for the response

Rob
  • Does anyone have experience with remote starters for 2000 (or earlier) Devilles? I am thinking about those cold rides home after a long day at the office. Does Cadillac offer one?

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frandrum, I, too have been looking for a satisfactory unit to and to my 2001 DSH and have found a few. Howver, none allow for the auto-set seat feature to operate. I have the auto start feature on our 1997 Tahoe and love it. Besides heating the car in winter , we find it even more useful in hot weather to COOL car. The unit iI found so far are in the $300.00 range...and I am continuing the search. How about it fellas, anyone find I auto start unit that they recommend????? Tamco
    Sorry, I did not answer fradrum question comlpetely...No, Cadillac DOES NOT OFFER auto unit and are aftermarket units...TAMCO
  • Be careful when shopping for a remote. I was looking at one for my 97 mustang and another customer was in the store trying to resolve major problem with his. any vehicle (like my mustang) that has a computer chip in the key for security will not work with a remote unless you do major rewiring. the remote starts the car without the key, the computer registers that it was started without the key with the security chip, and shuts the car down within a matter of seconds. this problem caused the other guy to have to have his vehicle reprogrammed. I passed on the remote even though I really wanted one. Just something you need to watch for.
  • Our 2000 DHS is back at the dealer for the third time for this problem. For a week or so before, the car will ever so slightly vibrate. Then when you are slowing down (braking or coasting)for a stop light or even going around a curve,the car will stall dead with no shaking, vibration or warning lights or sensor messages....just plain dead. So far we have been lucky and this hasn't happened on the interstate. Any ideas? Service just keeps "replacing all the sensors as we can't pinpoint which one it is".
    Also, in response to one prior posting on paint pealing on the 92 or 94 model, our 2000's grill has lost most of its paint.
  • I rented two devilles in the last week, and the last one I rented was great as far as road noise, but the wind noise got pretty bad at any speed over 75 MPH. Is this common for Devilles? I loved the car. Smooth riding, super fast, love the V8 sounds! It seemed the the wind noise in this deville was worse than other cars I had driven. Is there anything you can do about wind noise? Anyone know?
    dm
    Solution: "Avoid eating beans, beer and onions"...sorry, I just could not help myself, altho I know your concern was serious!
  • I bought a used 1998 Deville a year ago and have had 4 instances since then of a dead battery after sitting unused for about 7 days ( the same as #307 above). Dealer can't find problem. Does anyone have an idea as to what recourse I have with the dealer? It is still under warranty.
  • Had a check engine light going on for a day or so, then go off for a day or so, then come back on....Dealer's RO says: Code 101 Mass Air Flow...
    Diagnosis & reprogram PCM. What does reprogram PCM mean?? What is a PCM? (I think I know what a mass air flow sensor does.)
  • Pollution Control Module (I think?). What year and model Caddy is it?

Have you replaced your air filter lately? If not, it may need it. If so, did you remember to reconnect the contacts between the wires coming out of the filter housing and the wire harness? There may be a fault in this connector.
  • Rob, you had inquired about purchasing a 99 Deville for approximately $26,000. I notice that the local Caddilac dealers (Houston)are advertising 2000 Deville program cars for between 27K and 30K, depending on options. The newer body style for a couple of thousand more is probably a better buy
  • Its a 2000 DeVille...& Why would a PCM need to be reprogrammed?
  • etharmonetharmon Posts: 399
    The only problem with those 2000 program cars is they may have been rentals where as the 1999 model the other guy was considering has a known "clean" past. Although I'll admit, it would tempting to go with the 2000 just because I like the new style alot better.
  • Well again the sensors were replaced for the third since March of this year. Seems there is a problem with the sensors for 2000 and 2001 per the dealer but the factory needs one year of repeated problems before a recall is made(???). Has anyone else had a problem with stalls or the sensors? Perhaps the sensor problem is the source of the #329 through #332 questions above on the "check engine soon" issue.
    Dealer insinuated that we may be either disinterested in the car or perhaps trying to get out of our lease for financial purposes. Thank goodness that: 1. The computer had our 5 visits for 5 factory defects listed; and 2. I can rely on my 7 month old 2001 Infinity which has yet to go back for even an oil change