Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• bremertongbremertong Posts: 436
    I want to thank all who replied to my message 1251. I drove the car about 150 miles today and based on the information provided here and the cars performance I am convinced that all is ok with my 98
    Deville. The car got 27.5 avg miles per gallon on the open road which tells me all is well with the car. The smoke factor didn't even catch my attention as I drove along.

Can anyone who may have owned my vintage of Northstar (98) and now ownes the 2000-03 version
    provide a comparison as to how they feel about the current Northstar? I am aware of the fact that the new Northstar can be driven on Regular fuel, and that my engine requires premium. I would be very interested in knowing whether there
    is a difference in acceleration performance in the newer engine. The sales brochures give the same 0-60 mph figures for my engine and the new ones. As I recall top speeds have increased on the new Northstar. Any feedback much appreciated.
  • captkevcaptkev Posts: 14
    FOLLOW UP TO MESSAGE 1249-- I contacted Logan Diagnostics re my "Taillight" problem. Dave Logan sent back e-mail letting me know they have developed a repacement unit and exchange system. I will be in further discussion with him. Anyone else needing LED type replacements, this is a good company to contact,and at decent price's. Take care.--------captkev.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    I have a 2002 SLS. I did have a 98 Aurora before. As for fuel, my owners manual says that the engine will run on 87 octane (regular), but for maximum performance, premium is better. So I have been using premium. I should experiment with a tank or two of regular perhaps.
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    My 96 used to stall, knock and ping on reg. gas.
    My girl used to cheap out and use regular. I even tried runnnig colder AC plugs. NO help there but it did quiet down the pinging. I always used prem.

My 02 Base Deville runs fine on reg. I noticed NO difference using premium in it. .................geo
  • Have a 2000 Cad deville that has cold start
    knock. Have 32,000 miles on it and this
    problem started around 20,000 miles. Dealer
    has water and chemically injection into
    cylinders. Lasted for 2,000 miles.
    Has anyone have this problem? If you have,did you
    solve it? Using Mobile one premium gas since
    new.
    Thanks!
    mphillips3
    Is you CSK happening in the summer months also ?
    I have the famous CSK in the winter only in my 01 Chevy truck. I complained to dealer and got a GM extended powertrain warranty for free !
    They tried that "top end soak deal" on it. NO help there.

My 02 Deville is quiet as a mouse winter or summer.

Complain to dealer if under warranty...Maybe they and GM will extend your warranty if ya complain a lot NICELY ! Worked for me....Good luck....geo
    nicely
  • 456ttt456ttt Posts: 13
    So in late July I received a brochure from Cadillac which had the $5,000 rebate. I spoke with the Cadillac incentives people and they told be about $1,000 in dealer cash. After GM spoke with the dealer, they told me the $1,000 could not be combined with the $5,000. OK so far. So I bought the DHS and then last week another brochure comes showing the $1,000 in Dealer / Customer cash that started on August 1 - 4 days days after I took delivery on 7/28. I feel as if I've been duped out of $1,000 and Cadillac to this point isn't willing to do anything !! Would you have some advice ?? (I've bought 3 Cadillacs in the last 3 years - is this quality customer service ??)
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    It seems like the dealerships are not always up on the latest incentives that are mailed directly to customers. I've walked into a GM dealer with a certificate in hand and they acted as if they had no idea the certificates were out. Of course they honored it (it wasn't their money) but the fine print usually says whether or not a particular incentive can be combined with others, and the effective dates. Since they told you about the $1,000 before you bought the car it seems that they should have honored it or at least explained that it wasn't until August 1. Unfortunately GM is not like Best Buy with a price protection guarantee so you may be out of luck. If you complain enough and both parties are reasonable about it maybe you'll get some free oil changes, but I doubt you'll get the $1,000 back. It stinks but good luck anyway.

BTW as I just wrote to another frustrated "loyal" GM owner, loyalty got you the $5,000 incentive but it won't get you much else.
  • bremertongbremertong Posts: 436
    I have an annoying rattle in the drivers side door in my 98 Deville. The strange part is that it only does this when the outside temperature is above about 60 degrees. Has anyone else with this model had a similiar problem? How did you fix? Any ideas or suggestions to fix?
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Well, in the dealer's defense, it came about after you bought the vehicle, and GM keeps us in the dark about these things to prevent sandbagging.
  • rdesmanrdesman Posts: 43
    Although I must say I have had absolutely nothing wrong in the operation of my 2002 Deville, they have kept me entertained with their recall notices.
    This latest one, the fourth, has to do with a change out or modification to the drivers door lock "to enhance security". Has anyone had this done yet?
    I am afraid that each time they mess with the car on these recalls they scratch or screw up something so if you've had this done did they get it done properly without the dealer doing other damage (did they have to take the interior door out).
    How have you other people been effected by these earlier "fixes"?
    My 02 Deville has had only 1 recall from GM.
    It was something to do with flashing the computer for emission reasons and about a possible engine miss or stalling.
     Took 15 minutes !
    Got to ride a new CTS while I waited.....

Aside from a few oil changes thats my only shop time!.................geo
  • goodyrlgoodyrl Posts: 83
    Any idea when DeVille will have major change? Thanks
  • I just bought a '91 DeVille (that I'm LOVING) and the keyless remote is partially broken -- by which I mean that it still works, but the back panel that contains the loop for the keychain to hang onto is broken. I just called my local dealer and was told that it normally costs up to $200 to replace the entire key fob. They told me that I can't just replace the little back piece of plastice that would probably only cost a few dollars. Is this good information? If so, why? Since the thing comes apart, it seems that I should be able to just replace the plastic and not have to bother with replacing the entire thing with all the programming and whatnot.
  • rdesmanrdesman Posts: 43
    I had this done as well but my around town mileage went from 17 to 13 afterwards. Did anyone else notice any mpg changes?
    YUP, same recall for me too. Haven't noticed ANY MPG loss tho.
    I wasn't even gonna take it in. But the fine print on the notice said if NOT done...Future warranty work would be voided !
    Did you notice on your recall notice?
    ............geo
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    Did not notice any change in fuel consumption - I average about 25 MPG this summer, but mostly highway to and from work (10 miles).

The deVille was new in 2000, so major restyle would probably occur after 2005. The Seville will be all new for 2005, but would be an early 2005 model. Perhaps a really new DeVille (RWD) could happen in 2007. But that is speculation on my part.
  • ehaaseehaase Posts: 328
    From what I have read in Automotive News, the Deville will be restyled for 2006, but remain on the same FWD G body platform and be renamed DTS. A RWD Deville is likely later in the decade.
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    You would think that you could just replace the plastic part of the keyfob, but noooooo. Not from GM. Try eBay if you're into that, someone's always hawking keyfobs there. Not sure how common one for a '91 would be though...
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,064
    cars at junkyards. You might be able to pick up one there and pop the back off and replace yours, as long as the shape is the same. The innards wouldn't even have to necessarily be compatible with your transmitter...
  • lunar2lunar2 Posts: 4
    Greetings All,
    I'm a recent Cadillac owner/2000 Deville DTS/Bronze Mist/39K miles. And I'm thouroughly enjoying owenership! I've made several trips to Cadillac Service for oil changes (every 3K miles) and that's about it. I researched my car purchase for about 2 years, focusing on Volvos, Infinitis and Audis... a sales rep from Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va suggested I test the Deville DTS...and I was hooked from the first push on the gas. I didn't even bother to test drive the other vehicles. But here's my question... how do you all feel about Cadillac Dealers providing their Service Consultants (the folks we deal with when taking our car in for service)with a company car to drive? It makes sense that these individuals should drive Cadillacs to get an increased understanding and appreciation for the cars and some of the driving/maintenance characteristics and requirements. I look forward to your responses! Thanks!! I WAS SHOCKED WHEN MY SERVICE CONSULTANT TOLD ME HE DRIVES A VOLVO!!
  • hydra2hydra2 Posts: 114
    I would guess the dealers are cutting back on offering higer priced cars for employees to drive except for maybe a few of their best performing salesmen. I saw a lot more cadillac loaner cars for customers before cadillacs started selling so well. The dealers don't need to take the hit of selling so many expensive cars as demos when the high demand allows them to sell them as new. Company and loaner cars, when available, often seem to be anything but cadillacs.

Many mechanics and other car service employees are indifferent about the kind of car they drive and would probably prefer bigger paychecks to a company car if they can't have both.

I would be tempted to apply for a job at a caddy dealer if I knew that the dealer made cts, ctsv and the new models coming on line readily available to employees as company cars. A great perk, but I don't know how many dealers would choose to extend it since all of these cars are both pricey and figure to be in high demand.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,144
    ...has the coolest car - a pristine green 1967 Coupe DeVille! I don't know what the dealer lets him drive.
  • 456ttt456ttt Posts: 13
    So after a ton of calls to Cadillac and then to the Presidents office, they gave me (N/C) 3 years or 36,000 miles of free service. I figure that's work maybe $300.00. Still not happy, but at least they did something. I asked for the extended warranty, but they said no to that. End of story for now.
  • davantdavant Posts: 294
    I'm one of those folks that defend this country and owned a '96 Deville until a drunk decided to customize/total it for grandma, so we helped her buy a new '03 Deville DHS. She loved the previous one and enjoys this one even more, it's a fine luxury automobile.

The GM site says that military folks get an extra $750 rebate on any GM vehicle car or truck purchase, period. It even says it applies when other rebate programs are in effect.

Cadillac offers a $5,000 rebate to current Cadi owners. We got that without a problem.

Apparently mother GM doesn't make Cadillac's and I'm sure they don't talk to each other. It's an advertising scam folks! The $750 rebate doesn't apply because they're two separate companies both pointing to each other. The dealer agrees I should be entitled to both but it's out of their hands and up to Cadi/GM.

The Cadi customer whine-line line says, yeah, we know, but that's just to get you excited and even admits it is deceiving. They offered no compensation nor apology. I'm not trying to get something for nothing but feel I've earned both rebates fair and square. Anyone have ideas how to fix with/without a judge?
  • Don't stop !! Call the GM President's office and complainlike the dickens !! I started with the Cadillac Customer Service People and they were worthless. When I went to the GM President's office I didn't get what I wanted but I did get some satisfaction !! Be persistant !!
  • Hi Cadillac People,
                        As you know from previous messages I have a 2000 DTS Deville, which I really like, great car. Except for one persistent problem. The Feature Programing system wont stay on after being programmed each time. My big problem is that every time I stop the car, doors wont unlock; in park,or key off position. I always have to use the manual unlock on door to open. Its in now at the dealer for the third time to be repaired. I know how to reset the system and turn the features that I want to use to the on position, but they always revert back to off. Any suggestions (sensible ones now) from someone out there who has had similar problems. Thanks all. By the way, this site has been very quite lately. Must be summer holidays I guess.
    Hey All.........After hearing the "BOSS" complaining about how HOT the blue seats were in "her" 02 Deville. She picked out the 02 BTW! I figured what the heck !
    Went shopping Sat. for a different Deville.

Well, got another base 03 Crimson Pearl ( the 02 was white), light colored int., Bose, roof chromies, XM radio etc.

Looked at the DTS, but she don't like the bucket seats.

Got a great trade in price on the 02, a bit less than what I paid with the GM employee deal.
    So what the heck ! ...............geo
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,579
    What doesn't the "boss" like about the DTS buckets? They're actually the same shape and contour seat as the DTS, but the DTS has perforated leather and the console instead of the leather pull-down spacer between the front seats. Is it the center console she doesn't like? Any way, good luck with your new wheels.

BTW, the Crimson Pearl is my favorite color and is easy to keep clean, relatively speaking.
    She can't have her little hairbag doggie sitting next to her thats why! LOL.............

We checked out a new V-8 SRX. Man what a SCREAMER ! That Northstar ROCKS! She was beating and screaming at me for whomping on it. Man did that baby go!
    That big glass roof/sunroof deal is neat.....$52 Large tho.....
    Heck I wanted a 'Lade ! She liked neither !
    So another Deville....
    The blue interior was TOO hot for her baby on the 02! Heck, only had it 10 months.
    SHE picked out the 02 ! Whatever!
    Peace and quiet has returned almost...Now if I could gag and bind my 2 teenagers!...LOL.....geo