Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille

Comments

• richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    It's been awfully quiet here lately...

Anyway, GM is offering 6K cash back on 2002 DTS's until 10/31. I am getting very tempted, but based on past model year closeouts, does anyone think GM may increase the cash back even more in November?
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    After going crazy trying to get a new
    CTS on a GM employee deal. I bought
    a new Base Deville with all the goodies.
    Got 6k for my 96 ! Right after I bought
    the rebate went to 4k from 3k. Oh well
    nice car tho................geo
  • ckrullckrull Posts: 1
    I am the owner of a new 2002 Deville DTS. I have about 1300 miles on the car. Recently I started feeling excessive vibration in the cabin at highway speeds. I took it to the dealer and they replaced 2 tires, balanced the wheels, and aligned the wheels. I am still experiencing the vibration problem. The car is very tight, but I feel every imperfection in the road (even on a smooth stretch of highway). The dealer seems perplexed. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, do you know of a remedy? Thanks!
  • Bummer! I also have a 2002 DTS and it has been perfect in every way, not the slightest little problem since last March. But enough about me......:) I'm guessing they replaced your front tires. If you still feel vibration in the car, perhaps the rear needs the same treatment. Best of luck.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    01 DTS black/black 17" chrome,nightvision , nav +... 42 K miles dealer asking 33K it was a lease turn in ..What do you guys think ?
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Local dealer has a 2002 Seville STS, 22,000 miles, a 'demo', owner's wife's car.

Asking $35,000. No takers for 3 weeks.

Seems like your 2001 Deville is overpriced at $33,000.
    Take a trip over to the smart shopper
    thread...Real world trade values....
    Those guys can hit ya with the RIGHT
    price !
    Still loving my 02 Deville ! No probs.
    at all. Its tough prying the keys from
    the BOSS hand tho!.......geo
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,077
    I love my 2002 Seville STS. No problems with "the boss." She has her own Chevrolet Impala.
  • baron87baron87 Posts: 93
    http://media.gm.com/events/sema/02sema/cadillac/dts_icon.html

It's the Cadillac DTS Icon concept car. Looks like Cadillac has finally devoted some time and money to developing the DeVille. This vehicle's loaded up like a Jaguar XJ!! Finally, the DTS in it's true form...

My Caddy Heritage of Ownership medallion !
    Its sure different than the other style of
    round ones gold or pewter ! This one looks
    like a golf putter wedge. The numbered cert. that comes with it says "the pattern for your
    new medallion has been taken directly from the
    design cues of the new 2002 Cadillac."
    Hope the weather holds out expecting snow in
    northern NY ! Wanna install it ASAP ! I prob.
    will be out snowplowing instead !....lol.geo
  • I still have my 95 Concours which burned 2 qts oil in under 1500 miles. Cadillac replaced the engine at 70k under extended warranty. My wife still drives it at l78k and no oil comsumption problems. I heard from the cadillac people that the piston rings were changed from the original design.

I now drive a 98 concours with 71k that has no oil comsumption problems.

The difference between the 275 hp motor and the 300 hp motor is all in the camshafts. The 300 motor developes its horsepower at higher rpms. These motors are a blast to drive
  • Just returned from an 11,000 mile trip across US. 2001 DTS was exceptional Averaged 24.5 mpg at speeds of 70 - 85 mph. Noticed message center warnings in cold weather.
  • Have 2001 DTS with 45000 miles. Notice a lot of "sparklies" in windshield when sun hits it. No pits on outside of windshild. Anyone else have this problem?
  • You obviously have a pitted windshiels. Use your $100 deductible and get a new one.
    I noticed that on my 02....ICE POSSIBLE
    message since its been in the 20s in
    northern NY.
    ALSO i have read that on newer Caddys
    you can have your name programed into
    the message center by a Caddy Dealer.
    ..................geo
  • richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    Is a $6,000 rebate worth taking on a 2002 DTS when factoring in the automatic depreciation of it being 1 year old when driving it off the lot, (I keep my cars for 5 years)?

I'd be willing to wait for an 03 in the spring if I knew GM would be offering a $3K or $4K rebate.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    When is the deville expected to be redesigned ?
  • I was faced with a similar decision last month and decided to go with the 2002 and a big discount. I also plan on keeping the car for a long time and when I looked at the resale values of cars currently 5-6 years old, the one year difference in their model years didn't seem to make that much difference. You won't get much for a five year old cadillac one way or the other. Having teen aged kids to hand it down to in the future (if they are willing to accept "an old man's car" at that point without extensive complaints helped in my decision making.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Posts: 539
    The Deville was all new in 2000. Probably the next all new design will be the 06 or 07 model year. A lot depends on how the car sells between now and then. The Seville is moving to the rear wheel drive CTS (sigma) platform and what happens to the Deville will probably depend on how the sigma platform cars do.
    When shopping this year for a 02 base Deville.
    (Wanted CTS...Dealers would not do GM employee
    discount). I looked at ex-rental 02s with 20k
    miles for 29k. Bought a new base Deville with
    bose, chromies, bunwarmers,hole in roof, with
    my GM employee discount, rebate, cad loyalty
    bonus, GM MC cash, 33k otd. I figured since I
    will keep it 5-6 yrs and 100k plus miles. I
    figured for 4k more I had a NEW car. Sure
    when I trade it I know it won't be worth much !