Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where is the antenna located on a 1995 Lincoln Continental?

Just bought it and my radio sounded crappy. Cant find the antenna anywhere. My husband followed the antenna cable from the radio and it was cut. Would like to buy another one online. Please help. Thank you!

Comments

• The antenna is part of the rear window. Here is what the shop manual says:

"The AM antenna consists of: Rear window defroster grid on the interior of the rear window; Radio antenna isolator mounted beneath the rear package tray trim; Coaxial cable connecting the radio antenna isolator to the remote chassis unit."

"The FM antenna consists of: Conductive tracing on the rear window above the rear window defroster grid; Radio antenna isolator mounted beneath the rear package tray trim; Radio antenna lead in cable connecting the FM antenna grid to the radio antenna isolator; Coaxial cable connecting the radio antenna isolator to the remote chassis unit."

You'll see three connections to the rear window and apparently all of them carry radio signals as well as the power for the defroster unit.

Although I don't understand electronics, it seems from the manual and from using my 1995 Continental, that the guts of the audio system is mounted under the package tray at the rear window. The dash control unit is connected by a wire to what the manual calls "the remote chassis unit." The damaged wire your husband found may have been that control wire. The manual only shows one connecting wire that goes directly between the fron and rear. There is another wire shown that goes to the ignition switch.

Hope this helped.

Gene